The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I got the last set of jobs ninja sage etc
    Currently I'm running around leveling up the ninja, sage and summoner along w thief

2. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    I have nothing to add, I just wanted to say that I love reading this thread and remembering all these great games.

3. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Is the iron giant last boss?
    And how do i send messages on moog net
    Not there yet planning ahead I'm basically playing a perfect game that's why I waited until level 71 for my thief before I fought Odin so I could steal a rare item. Beastiary is complete so far and I have so many items it takes forever to scroll through them :)

4. korossyl

Oct 10, 2013
    I don't believe you can, in the iOS version. Mognet was introduced in the NDS remake as a social feature; you could send and receive messages from real-world friends. Upon sending and receiving a certain amount, the Onion Knight class would be unlocked. Onion Kid had previously been the starting class in III, but became worthless after reaching the first set of jobs; in the remake, they made it sort of the ultimate class, if I understand correctly. Anyhow, in the iOS version, Onion Knight becomes unlocked after completing a certain percent of the bestiary? So sending messages to friends was no longer a possibility, and I don't think you were ever able to send messages to in-game characters.

5. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Good cuz I didn't think there was
    it used to be required to fight iron giant
    Still a little ways off from him but not too far
    I'm level 50 29 hours in
    My party now is ninja sage thief and dragoon
    My ninja is already level 26 :)

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I've got the guide and the Iron Giant is listed as the hardest boss, but located in the Underwater Cave. I think the Cloud of Darkness is the last boss of the storyline.

And wow. You've sped through this game! Don't forget to save once you beat it in case you want to double check you got all the side quests.

7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Yeah I didn't really mean to speed through it like I did :)
    so now just taking some time going back and grinding diff spots to level up my new jobs
    When I went into the dungeons I got all the chests using maps I found online and all that :) that prolly helped speed it up some I'm sure
    Although I will say the Dungeon mapping on this one isn't all that bad it's mobile friendly actually cuz it's kind of quick

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I got some more games from the Japan App Store today including DQ VII. I've been playing plenty of Japanese games lately so I'm taking the plunge. Enjoying it so far it's challenging me for sure in the translations area but it's not too bad. Overall gameplay is usual portrait which I love w this series. Graphics are incredible and I'm really liking them. Not a lot of battles so far, I'm about an hour in and haven't fought anything but it's awesome anyway and I'm sure that's not far away. As far as looks etc this is quickly one of my fav DQ games and I have never played it previously. I will still buy it again when it comes to us (if ever) but I ran out of patience waiting and I can handle most games in Japanese. I also picked up High School of the Dead in the slot genre and it's a lot of fun and a great time waster plus I also bought Mystic R and it's really great open world 3D RPG. It has an English option but I still prefer it in Japanese. Great games all 3. But DQVII is awesome!!

9. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    If you run into any problems, you can ask me. The remake version is a bit different from the original so I think there are spots where current English faqs aren't going to help much.

10. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #530 Dailon80, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    You are correct on that :) I have ran into one spot that I can't seem to pass and that's where after you shine the light from the statue at the door and it opens And then I'm supposed to examine/search the spot on the floor and I'm not seeing it or I can't get past it and if I go down the stairs it's a locked door. There are the 4 statues and 4 colored buildings on that above floor. I think it's a puzzle right? I examined all statues and the things on the wall but nothing.
    Yeah something I noticed was on the old version you could go to certain places earlier. For example when Maribel was with me on our way to Estgard I couldn't stop and see the woodsman I had to drop her off first and I think on the old one it didn't matter. What I did was just started over and now I am catching a couple things I didn't first time like the woodsman. I did find bunny girl this time too :)
    This is a very good game though.
    What's a good walkthrough to follow? I'm using a PlayStation one I think. But I'm also using a great FAQ that gives the English and Japanese name for every item, action, place you name it and it's very helpful. I just remembered too for that part I was gonna see if I could find a gameplay video of the iOS version see if someone played that far into it goijg to check now.

11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Found a great gameplay video with it being played in Japanese and narrated by a guy speaking Japanese and it's got me through that part!

12. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #532 Dailon80, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    The video I'm watching for reference is 3DS version and I noticed one diff is enemies are shown on screen on the part I'm on now where as on iOS version it's more of a random encounter situation. Personally I like the latter better anyways just a diff I noticed.
    The battle screen itself with the sceneries looks very good on this version.

Attached Files:

13. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Ok I'm stuck :)
    I attached a pic to set the scene
    I defeated the boss inside the volcano returned to the top and talked to the fortune teller but nothing is moving forward from the gameplay vids my character should toss an object into the fire and destroy the floating ball and then everyone exits and the game moves on. I can only figure I missed that object and I'm not even sure what it is or where to get it. It doesn't appear to be in the volcano labyrinth since I have went over it back and forth. Hoping you can tell me how to progress from here. Thanks Shaun

Attached Files:

14. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Guess I just had to post that and then I would find the answer after searching for a while I think I found the issue. I didn't get the holy water from Hondara in Estgard from what I gather it's ok for me to go back and do that now and come back to finish the scene. Yay off I go... I'm doing good so far I am level 10 on all my characters and have some good weapons and armor.

15. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Haha, you keep answering your own questions faster than I can reply. :)

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    That was a long way to go to get one object
    Taught me to take my time a little more and with this one the idea is to talk to everyone in town and sometimes twice.

17. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Oh man, I hope they release DQVII in the west. I have a 3DS but I would rather play this on my phone.

18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    It's a really good port in my opinion tons of fun!
    Glad I picked it up but I too hope
    It gets an English version one day since all the others have up to this point.
    Quality rpg for sure though

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #539 Dailon80, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    Romancing SaGa 2 later this month can't wait! Also can't wait to see Shaun's review. I havent played a game in this series in a long long time and I'm not sure whether I ever played this one. Square is getting a lot of money from me over last couple years :)
    Currently I have bought every game they offer on both the us and Japan App Store plus the ones they offer in Japan through Broadcast Media except chaos rings II and III. I never could get into the first one for some reason I just don't like it.

20. korossyl

Oct 10, 2013
    Dailon, not structly on topic, but what did you think of Fortune Street? I thought the idea of a board game developed by the creator of DQ was just too good not to try... and it turned into my perennial favorite iOS game. Like, really: out of all of them, my FAVORITE. I wonder if it has some intangible quality that makes it exceptionally attractive to the same type of person who prefers RPGs... or if it's just me.