The Other Brothers Coming April 4th

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Tavy3DA, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comicx90

comicx90 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    My reaction: " O_O WOAH..." I'll probably play this for hours.

2. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    haven't seen any talk of the price..what will it be?

3. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Nice icon I hope game gets picked by editors or at least gets in featured list you deserve it for all the effort :)

4. SimianSquared

SimianSquared Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Game Developer
    England
    We have all already begun on episode 2 before episode 1 is even out! and yes it will be free DLC :)

5. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Really happy this is finally coming out, and can't wait to play this way, way too much. :p

6. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    nice one i sure love it, cant wait to have it on my homescreen, going a little futher any chance to we could know the price as well?

maybe i have a sick mind but that looks like "if you know what i mean" ..... lol

7. SimianSquared

SimianSquared Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Game Developer
    England
    Suspect price will be lowest on launch day with the days after having a rise so probably best to be an early bird. But don't quote me as the team will need to discuss it/evaluate it as time goes by but that's one of the proposals.

8. ThomasP

ThomasP Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
    To answer the question a few here asked: It's going to be $0.99 on release date (April 4th).

9. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    not bad although i was expecting to be like 2.99 or 3.99 not that i'm complaning

10. ThomasP

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
    I can make it $3.99 just for you if you like! Just kidding, I think our pricing is just right :) Now it's just about a week away before you can play!

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I would happily pay more than $0.99 for this, but I also don't want to wait any longer than necessary, so I hope the profits make this whole "game development" gig feasible for the future :)

12. iMing

iMing Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    co-founder at Takeout Arcade
    Kuala Lumpur
    Oh Finally, we waited soooo long!

That's such great news guys! We waited so long and have been rooting for you! looks like March will be a great month for new games!

13. ThomasP

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
    We hope that "The Other Brothers" will do well on release as this would definitely help with further production :) So we're hoping people will like the game and get a bit viral about it!

Thank you iMing! We're happy to roll it out and you will be able to play it next week (Thursday). Initially we wanted it released on the 28th of March but that's not going to happen now. April 4th it is!

14. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia

Is $0.99 going to be permanent price of game or just release promotion price ?
    I just might gift it to couple of people at that price and promote it to others :)

15. ThomasP

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
    Thank you Aventador! The final price has yet to be decided but on launch it's going to be $0.99!

16. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    i think you should do like for example repulze and the "phases" it start at $0.99 and the price when up when more phases are out

Thomas sorry to ask again but any chance you could post a screenshot to see the controls UI on the iphone? if there are any

17. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    If you want to add iCade but don't have one, Kode80 made something to test with out one. It's called Simul80 http://kode80.com/osx-apps/simul80/ Also you could probably go to the iCade thread and ask if people would want to test it for you (I have 2 iCades, and an iCade Mobile just so you know (hint hint))Just thought I would let you know. Looks awesome by the way.

18. ThomasP

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
    This will be discussed internally amongst the team but thanks for your input on that :)

Thanks for pointing that out Laxking97! We will surely look into it once the dust has settled. Currently things are a bit hectic around here with the imminent release.

19. stevejarman

stevejarman Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    Been looking forward to it for a long time. Can't wait :)

20. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    :D Nice next week, been waiting for this one.A lot of hype and expectations.Hopefully it lives up to