The Playstation 3 Thread! - everything ps3

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by soupbandit, Jun 22, 2010.

1. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I finally listed my PS2 and all its games on eBay. If I'm unsuccessful, I'll just trade 'em in at Gamestop. Either way, PS3, here I come!!!! :cool:

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Good luck! I think you'll enjoy it. I just got Uncharted 3 and it's phenomenal. Next week - Skyrim.

3. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I know I'll enjoy it! :p I've played some Uncharted at friends' houses before, and it should be cool to be able to play with them online in co-op! I'm really looking forward to getting back into console gaming after primarily playing on iOS and my Mac (haha) for a long time! :)

4. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    #1844 gwet17, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
    After selling my PS2 for a stupid-low price, I'm ready to move on to greater things. And by greater things, I mean a PS3. :D

5. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    Uncharted 3 Impressions: Graphics are superb as usual. Water, sand, and fire simulators are amazing to look at and lighting has improved so much. Set pieces are really epic and the detail is impressive.

Story is good but tbh Uncharted 2's was better. The "what is drake trying to do" theme is really interesting but the new characters are pretty underdeveloped. Marlowe is really just an evil old lady who wants drake's ring. talbot is marlowe's right hand man and he can do magic tricks or something. cutter is a friend that the main uncharted trio knows and he somehow got into marlowe's secret society as a double agent. And yes, uncharted 2's lazarevich was also shown to just be an evil version of drake with lots of henchmen, but that's all we needed to know. with marlowe, there is a huge backstory that could've been done because of the relationships with sully and drake dating back 20 yrs ago. same goes for cutter. and talbot is barely even introduced, he just appears.

it really sucks that there aren't any bonuses like skins, weapons, and tweaks. and there isn't a cutscene viewer either...i guess tweaks would've caused a lot of glitches, but the lack of a cutscene theater is just lame.

the increased focus on multiplayer also appears in the single player in the form of glitches which are rare, not game breaking, but still annoying.

multiplayer is a lot more developed. it's fun, definitely. but like with uncharted 2, i dont see the need for it and i wish they put more effort into making the single player more awesome.

overall, is it a great game? yes, definitely. is it a huge leap over uncharted 2, not really. its got some new graphic tweaks and combat is actually pretty cool, but the story is weaker and shorter (extended only by the game disabling drake from running and such).

i would probably give it a 9/10

6. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    So, I have to choose between 3 games to play now, and I'll get the other 2 later on. Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3, and Batman: Arkham City. Which one should I get now? And which ones should I save for later?

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Damn, my ps3 is a goner. The disc drive doesn't work anymore, everything else is fine though.

I'll need the drive or else I'm stuck with downloadable games.

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Amazon is having a buy 2 get 1 free going on. So for roughly $120 you could get all 3, although with the economy (US), I am betting around mid Dec prices are going to be falling sharply to spur sales.

As to your question - tough one - I don't have B3 and I'm not into multiplayer. Both BAC and UC 3 have excellent single player, and great combat, good stories, etc. BAC probably takes longer if you are a completionist - lots of Riddler stuff, side quests, and Catwoman(if you buy it new for the unlock able). UC3 is one of the best looking games, and is a great UC if you liked UC 1 and 2, this is another great addition. On the good side - I think you'll be happy with any of your choices - it is like deciding between 3 favorite foods - all are great choices.

9. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    I will be getting Modern Warfare 3 because I love CoD, no matter what anyone says. CoD will always be fun for me IMO. Sometimes, it gets old at the end, but that is what other upcoming CoD games are for.

Also, I am very excited for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I have not played any of the other Elder Scroll games but it looks ####ing amazing :) I haven't even played a RPG game on my PS3. Lol.

10. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    If only I had been quick enough to catch this deal last night :( thanks anyway!

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Upcoming CoD games are the same as the previous ones, that's the problem ;)

Good call on Skyrim though, should have it in 3 days, woot!

12. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    Just through with Uncharted 3 and I think it is as "forgettable" as Uncharted 2.

That's not really criticism, it was a hell of a ride for the 8-9 hours it lasted. Graphics are simply superb and the action sequences are even more impressive than before.

Just when I think about the Uncharted series I always remember stuff from Uncharted 1. There was some impressive train ride in part 2, that's about it and yeah from part 3 I sure will remember there was something monumental with ships.

Anyway, I will get Uncharted 4 and Uncharted 5 etc. day one, no question about it. Superb series, even if the sequels cant beat the "freshness" of the first one.

13. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I preorder Skyrim from shopto as I heard they are good with preorders. So hopefully I'll be playing it on Friday or maybe even Thursday. The days are going painfully slowly. Not long now though :)

14. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    That makes it practically unforgetable for anyone that isn't you ;)

They posted on Facebook saying they'll be dispatching Skyrim on Wednesday, so as long as everything goes to plan we should be playing Thursday :)

15. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    I played both 3 games Uncharted 1,2 and 3.And I can say that I remember every moment in both 3 games.If someone says it's forgetable then he clearly didn't enjoyed it.I have my PS3 since 2008,and only these games are the one who really worth being in someones collection and the God of War games.

16. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    #1856 gwet17, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
    I'm finally going out to buy myself a PS3 tomorrow. I'm pretty pumped.

17. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I am having a metric ton of fun with Uncharted and Arkham Asylum. I can't believe what I've been missing, all these years of console-less-ness...

18. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Did you start with the first Uncharted game? If so then you'll be lucky enough to have your mind blown all over again with the sequels. And Arkham City of course.

19. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I started with the first one, and I got the other two as well. I'll be getting Arkham City once I'm finished with Asylum, preferably sooner rather than later so I can get my hands on a new copy with the Catwoman DLC.

I'm thoroughly pleased with my decision to get into next-gen console gaming, nothing on the PS2, my Mac, or iOS can compare to the fun I've had in the last couple days. Like you said: my mind = blown.

20. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    Right now: my mind = blown by Motorstorm Apocalypse in 3D

Overall Pacific Rift is my favorite, but nothing like the hurricane level in 3D when it comes to immersion.