The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    The more I play DA:Inquisition, the more I am left in amazement at how fantastic the game is!

I've clocked about 20 hours into the game and have just reached Skyhold. Needless to say, I skipped quite a few side quests (and entire towns, for the matter) in favor of advancing through the storyline more... because, yes it's that damn good :D

I'm slowing down now and exploring other towns/areas to level up before I proceed further. To summarize though, this game has easily hit Skyrim levels of greatness IMO.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I just made Skyhold tonight too, but have explored most unlocked areas main quest (non story) to hit them at appropriate levels. Skyhold almost feels like the games just starting even though by most definitions it could have concluded in comparison to the length of a lot of games. It's definitely a classic, FC4 is very good but I haven't touched it since getting DAI. I would like greater depth in side quests ala Skyrim, but I get the feeling there's a whole lot of optionals that have unlocked with Skyhold.

Side rant non DAI related, what's with the GTAV spam on the friends feed, so and so buys a car, purchased some guns, explored San Andreas, robbed a store, took a dump, etc. Why did R* think people cared, apart from being blatant social marketing its just a really dumb idea. I was going to wait for a price drop but not sure I want that stuff spamming my feed regardless.

3. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #203 Nekku, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    As of yet, I'm very dissapointed by the visual variety of rogue armor I've found so far in DAI. I look like a freaking soldier. I mean, where is my cape and hood? I see ranger NPC's wearing it but cant find some for my own. Anyone have seen one?
    Skyrim was a much better game in my books and I wish there would be a remastered version for next gen consoles, but nah. :/
    FC4 is awesome and I've been playing it a lot lately.

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I bought Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions last night and so far it's pretty awesome.

5. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Headgear doesn't seem to be as class restricted so you end up with some weird matches, you could either stick to hoods or wear what gives a good defence and turn off helmets in the options (or at least I read you could, haven't tried it out myself) as Rogue armour itself is generally fitting. Capes I can't help with though, would be a nice option.

6. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Any opinions on Alien Isolation? Thinking of grabbing it with the weekend sale but reviews are quite mixed.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    DA Inquisition deal of the day at Amazon for $45.

8. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    If you're a fan of the Alien movies, then absolutely pick it up. The aesthetics and attention to detail make it worth picking up. That's not to say it's perfect, the AI is a bit janky, and it is definitely a stealth game and also has an annoying save system. Nevertheless, I'm enjoying it so far.

9. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I just picked up DA:I and Far Cry 4.

One to play now and one to keep to play at Xmas.. My problem is I can't decide which to play now :)

10. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Thanks for that, I held off out of uncertainty and have missed the sale but appreciate the insight nonetheless. I will no doubt pick it up, someone described it as a AAA Outlast and I personally loved the vibe of the original movie.

11. KineticBlur

Jul 21, 2014
    da:i :d

12. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Does Diablo III require a sub?

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Besides being a submersible boat or a substitution, what is a sub? I dont understand your question? I have D3 and it just requires a Console and a controller.

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I assume he means a PS+ subscription. Or in other words, is it online only.

15. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    You just picked up two games that almost a week ago you said were disappointing? :confused:

16. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    I play this game solo. No the console versions don't have an online requirement.

17. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I did notice that too, hopefully he gets some enjoyment from them anyway.

18. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Sorry, I meant a subscription. I thought "Sub" was an acceptable abbreviation, but as I was pressing "post" Like FF14. Sorry for the confusion.

P.s. I thought "Sub" was an acceptable abbreviation, but as I was pressing "post" I had a feeling that I shouldn't have said it that way.

19. KineticBlur

Jul 21, 2014
    Street Fighter V has been announced just now... EXCLUSIVE to PS4 and PC :D

XBowned :rolleyes:

20. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Awesome! That'll be great. Thanks for the heads up!