The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    This is way behind the times, but I've been playing Need for Speed: Rivals (not the new one) on PS4 and it's pretty solid. Fun game. Doesn't hurt that I could get it from my library!

2. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    #722 one.sixty.four, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    This was the first game I ever played on PS4, and I second that is a great racer. Super fun gameplay and great graphics.

3. SuyinRei

SuyinRei Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2015
    The reason Destiny sucked at launch was cause it was re-designed from scratch in less then a year and they had to cut lots of content short before pushing it out the door. Much thanks to Activision/investors.

The division got delayed twice to improve the game.

There are no loading screens in the game and it does not take much to have a better story. So im not really worried.

besides.. i really need to play a non mobile game on the side. so il take the chance :>

4. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Rivals is good stuff. My first game I played as well.

Just finished Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. Pretty solid FPS. I'm pretty sure I triggered every alarm in the game. I was horrible with the "stealth" parts of the game. Playing on Uber difficulty certainly didn't help either. Oh and that mechanical dog in Chapter 4(?) that was a pain too. Forget about it after two to three hits. The final boss was easier.

2015 PS4 favorite? I'm going with Earth Defense Force 4.1. Unfortunately I didn't play any of the bigger titles like BloodBorne or Fallout because of my growing backlog. Heck I didn't spend that much time with EDF. But the time I did spend on it, I had a blast.

5. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Had a PS4 when it first came out, got rid of it. Have had 2 Xbox One's and was disappointed and got rid of those! Been toying with the idea of getting another PS4 (sheesh! Some bastards never learn! :p) But what I'm most interested in is backward compatibility to the PS2! From what I've heard (and please correct me if I'm wrong) is that if they do, you won't be able to use your old discs, gonna be emulated instead! Yea, yeah, gonna look better, etc. Gonna cost ya more! :confused:
    Anyway, what do you guys think? Are the PS4 games worth it now? Sitting on the fence once again! Have you heard any updates regarding the backward compatibility here? I understand they've already released some games, but I wanna hear from you about this.

6. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    There's no real backwards capability, its emulated and you buy the game again.

As for is it wort it, if you've had 3 current Gen consoles and not enjoyed them id probably say no.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Buy a "fat" PS3. Complete with backward compatibility for PS1, PS2 games. I have an "original" that i continue to get repaired (at $125 a pop) every few years, but it plays everything.

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Not sure if it will make a difference, but while you do have to buy the PS2 games again, you get 1080p upscaling and trophies, which might make it worth it. I'm thinking about getting Dark Cloud 2, and Ape Escape 3 appears to be coming too, though no idea when. I'm definitely getting that.

I think there's a lot of good games on the PS4 now, but YMMV. Depends on what you like.

9. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Just started the Uncharted Collection. Those jetski sections on Uncharted 1, what...the..frak. The opposite of fun. Also is it me or is the cover system kinda janky in this? I was expecting the first one to be the worst one, so I'm continuing. Playing it for the story so I'm ignoring these other things.

10. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yes! I've actually been contemplating that! Almost got one before Christmas but I didn't. That's a good idea! Then I can keep all my discs! Guess there's a good library of PS3 games. So far, it seems there's nothing for the PS4 that really turns me on to the point of having to have it just for the new games. Also, been contemplating getting rid of my Vita, but haven't been able to get myself to do that yet! Choices, choices!:rolleyes:

11. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I'd personally only get rid of devices if you needed the money, or you're upgrading to a newer version that supports the games you own. Not really worth selling something if you're a bit bored with it at the time, the time is likely to come where you find yourself contemplating replacing it with another and buying again.

12. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I prefer the first to 2 and 3, but I am realistic about it being the clankiest version. I also thought they hadn't aged well, the increase to 60 FPS taking the 'weight' out of movement on the PS4 versions and showing up the animations something terrible. And yeah the jet ski section was a lot more irritating than I remembered.

13. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    I'm on the second one now, I'm liking it a little more. Chloe>Elena so far.

Overall I did enjoy the first one though, despite it's shortcomings.

14. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Hey, wait a minute!! Sounds like you know me really well!! # Can't count the times I've done THAT!!! Story of my life, man! #

15. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Hey, Pluto6!!
    Guess what I bought today?? :D YUP!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

16. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Just beat Uncharted 2, onto 3. Going through these faster than I thought I would. 2 was pretty good, some frustrating parts, but good.

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Good purchase. I still use mine to play lots of stuff. Playing through some of the Assasin Creed games that never got around to - AC Rogue and AC Revolutions. Hope you enjoy it, and it works well for you.

18. SuyinRei

SuyinRei Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2015
    3 days til i find out if The Division suck or not :p

19. september

Sep 14, 2012
    If anyone picks up The Witness I'd be keen to hear non spoilery impressions, it's reviewing really well, looks stunning, but a little unsure about the price and puzzle genre.

20. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Uncharted 3, ehhh....

I don't know if its just fatigue, but it feels boring. Also how the enemies react(or don't) to getting shot, yikes. It feels empty/dead.