The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I've slowly been trying some of the PS+ games. Last night started Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition. That game is fun!

2. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Destiny Alpha ready.
    Lets see how it is.

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Bit miffed I never got one, but oh well. Super annoying seeing people on your friends list playing it though.

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I wasn't impressed with Destiny, but I'm not a big FPS person. To me it was repetitive and not really any different than other FPSs. And the Borderlands aspect of it was terribly done. You have to quit and go to the Tower (loooong loading screen), turn whatever it was you collected into weapons, then back to the game (loooong loading screen). As opposed to, in Borderlands, find weapon, pick it up, use it right then. I didn't try the online, though. Actually I thought it was supposed to be a game where others just showed up, but I guess that's not really the case. It's possible I didn't play the fun part, but I sure hope they have big plans for improving the single player as it was pretty bad.

5. winstonoftang

winstonoftang Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Programmer
    Melbourne
    I enjoyed what I played of Destiny mostly from how much potential it felt like it has. The game feels like it's going to be enormous, and just being able to explore those worlds with friends sounds like it'll be a blast.

6. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I've been playing this and it's pretty damn sweet, solid gunplay, alt history Nazis, a story that is pretty thin but actually manages to get you pumped. Good length too, having a blast.

7. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    My poor launch day PS4 has been collecting dust for months.

I think the last time it was tuned on was 5-6 weeks ago and then for only 10 mins.

I've been looking at the F2P games but they all seem to be pretty awful. Tried warblade and it was terrible, tried DCUO and I hated that, tried WarThunder and that was pretty meh..

My poor PS4 is going unused. I am still using my 360 though. Still playing Skyrim and GTA V.

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I don't play games on mine every day but I didn't expect to. I have used it a lot for MLB.tv - it works better than PS3 or 360 version (though MLB.tv still has issues sometimes, which I don't think are related to the console). I'm going to buy Pinball Arcade for it finally and that is going to keep my very busy. Plus I got Trials Evolution recently and that is great as expected. Plus all my PS+ games. I definitely need to get back to Dead Nation Apocalypse. I don't have any retail games yet, but I pre-ordered The Last of Us Remastered at Best Buy. Definitely looking forward to finally trying that game!

9. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Have you bought anything?

10. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    I got Knack and AC4 at launch, then I bought Tomb Raider (as I'm a huge TR fan) but hated it and traded it in after under 2 hrs of play. Also traded in Knack as I was bored of it and I used my trade-in credit later on to get Watch Dogs which.. Uhh is pretty dismal for an open world game. (Unlike AC4 which I played for over 100hrs)

So atm I just own AC4 and Watch Dogs, WD I dislike and AC4 I love, but have played it to death.

11. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Everyone of you that owns a ps4, I hate you :)

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
  13. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    Really, why?

14. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I am looking forward to Diablo 3 next month. Games are slow to come out, but with costs that is to be expected. Sad to see though.

15. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

This is what I am waiting for as well. The Fall should get better, I hope.

16. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I quite liked the TR reboot but different strokes for folks and all that, there's no right or wrong. I'm picking you like games you can just exist in and muck around discovering? Just going off the Skyrim/GTA V mentions earlier. I'm quite diverse in the type of games I like but can understand the like for that type of thing, personally I'm hanging out for Fallout 4 but will double dip for GTA V if it's a decent price.

17. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I had lost track of its release date, nice reminder, looking forward to it.

18. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    I already preordered Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for next month. I forgot about Diablo 3.

19. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    S.I.D I'm intrigued about your name.. Is it:-

SID as in the music chip in the legendary C64 (who in my opinion Rob Hubbard is the king of)

..or..

SID as in 'Space Intruder Detector' from UFO (an equally legendary thing)

:confused:

20. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    It's neither lol. Just some long ago nickname I was given that lost its meaningfulness years ago.