The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I always automatically assumed it was an old Quakeworld clan, I knew of a S.I.D. Destiny so it was one of those automatic things, I didn't stop to think it might be a nick.

2. september

Sep 14, 2012
    #82 september, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    If anyone gets a spare EU Destiny key (I hear people are getting 3) I'd be grateful for a PM.

Edit: Got one, thank you

3. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I was going to ask for one too but then I remembered I don't have PS+ so couldn't play it anyway :rolleyes:

4. september

Sep 14, 2012
    The Tower is a bit disjointing, as far as pace goes. It switches to Mass Effect mode for some reason and as you mentioned the load to get there is pretty long. Finding they reuse areas a bit too much too, and even though there's aspects of the past through the storyline the environment itself doesn't really have a story of its own to tell (although pretty). I liked the feel to gunplay but I didn't overly enjoy the enemies and outside they seem to respawn at Far Cry 2 rates which kills feeling of that immediate progression. Bike is cool but super vulnerable.

There is a lot of Warframe in here as well, the main missions feel more like side missions and everything's comes across like a compendium of things to do rather than anything overly engaging. For a beta it's pretty generous, there's some parts I enjoyed but soul and pacing are lacking.

5. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread.
    I have a Destiny beta code for both PS4 and Xbox. Anybody interested? PM me!

6. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Crucible and Strike missions are quite fun in Destiny, the only option for Crucible I've unlocked is 6v6 3 point Domination and is pretty stock standard but plays well nevertheless. Strike is a bit of a grind but opens the game up for that MMO type quest gameplay.

I'm teetering on whether or not to buy it, some aspects are nice and it's going to be one of those games you can keep revisiting, on the other hand I'm not sure how quickly it will get old.

7. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Anyone preordered The Last of Us Remastered? 6 days and 23 hours to go.

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I did! I'm looking forward to finally trying this game! I also just preordered Destiny after playing with a friend last night. It was fun that way and he's getting it so that pushed me over the edge.

9. mr haptic

mr haptic Active Member

Jul 22, 2014
    #89 mr haptic, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    Just when I thought the 3D trend was over with Ps4 and XB1 decide to announce that they're adding 3D support for bluray next week, according to this article.
    It's annoying cos I just sold my old 3D tv a month ago!

10. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Yeah I have to admit I'm super tempted to do the same, I keep dithering on it but think it's only a matter of time before I cave.

11. september

Sep 14, 2012
    TLOU digital preorder is coming up with a "Download" button now, but clicking on it gives an error.. I was hoping they'd decided to allow preloading, 50GB is going to take awhile. Just under 24 hrs to go

12. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I've noticed that on disc games they say "40GB storage required" or "25GB storage required". Do the games take up this much space all the time? Or just while being played? Thanks!

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Rogue Legacy pre-loaded, which was very cool. I played it once on Vita this morning. Going to play on PS4 tonight. Seems great so far!

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Disc games install in entirety to the HDD. After that it just pings the blu-ray to make sure you actually own it, but then it runs from HDD.

15. mr haptic

mr haptic Active Member

Jul 22, 2014
    It's Sony's not-so-subtle way for encouraging digital trade, not that I'm complaining I already have limited disc space in my house.

16. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    So how can people have more than 10 games at a time?

17. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Because more than 10 games can fit on the PS4 at a time? Not sure if I understand the question.

18. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Something like Wolfenstein you couldn't, it's around 53GB, Killzone 47GB, but they are two of the largest games I've come across. Infamous, Tomb Raider are around 25GB, but general digital only titles are small. You would likely fit way more than 10 for an average user, but if space is a concern you can upgrade you hard drive without buying propriety hardware or voiding warranty.

19. mr haptic

mr haptic Active Member

Jul 22, 2014
    They also include indie games in that game-library count which are typically less than half the size of a full release.

20. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Ok! Thanks! Is there a way to delete game data from the system if you beat the game?