The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    The answer is yes- I can't remember the exact place because someone is on the PS4, but go to the system area and there is a menu item for memory management, or app management or storage management and you can delete stored things from there. The system icon is on the far right after pressing up from the app bar

2. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Oh wow..

Rogue Legacy seems right up my street.

Annoyingly my PSN account only has £5.40-50 in it arrghhhhhh :(

is there an ios version? I might just have enough in my iTunes account to buy.

3. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thank you for the answer. I know someone who has easily 50-100 games on his ps3 (and AAA titles like COD, battlefield, etc.) and I'm just curious how. I'm hoping to pick up a PS4 in November.

4. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I think Sony restricted max install size on PS3, it was raised for RAGE to 8GB but games like CoD were small, generally a lot of load handling was from disc. It wasn't ideal even for that gen but with higher texture resolutions and model data this gen disc access would be too slow to keep up.

5. september

Sep 14, 2012
    How are you enjoying TLOU? I was a bit disappointed initially with the lack of changes but got caught up in the story again and later chapters look really nice. Maybe the extra frames but finding the game a lot easier on PS4, felt quite punishing on normal on my playthrough on PS3.

6. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Ok. Thank you!

7. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    By next-gen do you mean PS4/XBone?

8. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I got MGSV:GZ for half price on EU sale - Not sure how I feel yet, tons of background stuff and refreshingly optional dialogue through tapes you can listen to at your own leisure, but still hyper dramatic like a stage play. Voice acting is a bit miss and hit, and apart from someone hitting the shiny button on everything the engine is quite nice and has its own artistic vibe. I get the impression a lot of the enjoyment is going to be player generated and in how you approach the situation, so will have to experiment a little.

9. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    I couldn't afford Rogue Legacy so I bought Steamworld Dig.

It's the most use my ps4 has had in months! Great game :)

10. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    When you play a bluRay movie on the ps4 does it download the movie?

11. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    No, it streams it.

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Man, The Last of Us is soo good. Never played it until now.

13. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    There have been a lot of rumors on Dark Souls 2 coming to next gen consoles.

I personally have never played any of the 3 games from the series but from what I understand, the game's tougher than nails (hence adding to the reward factor when beating it).

I've been watching a playthrough series on Youtube and have been enjoying it a lot. I hope it releases on the PS4 sometime soon!

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I have never played it before… and so far I have still not played it. Been so busy, and then I've been playing Rogue Legacy (which I'm bad at, but it is fun) and Pinball Arcade. I should get to it before the price tanks….

15. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Ah The Last of Us.
    Tried it on PS3 before remaster was announced.
    Returned it in a day.

16. september

Sep 14, 2012
    #116 september, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    Didn't like it or waiting for remaster?

Edit: just checking edit

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Got it a long time ago for PS3 - I did not like it, but my son played it almost non-stop he was so hooked. However, he did not particularly like the multiplayer and played that only sparingly - and when I talked about getting it for PS4 (when the price drops) just to be able to play it in high def, he was meh...

So I think an excellent game for some, a meh game for others, but unless you really get into the multiplayer aspect there is essentially no replay value. And despite what IGN says, the upgraded graphics are not worth double dipping for (IMHO).

18. Handle

Handle Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    UK
    Shocking that Microsoft managed to get the next Tomb Raider as an exclusive, the last Tomb Raider was great.

19. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    Tbh it really doesn't bother me, I'm a long time TR fan and have been playing them since the first one on the PSX but I bought TR definitive ed for my PS4 and hated it.

Yeah the graphics are superb but as a 'Tomb Raider' game, it royally sucked. Far too much combat and the puzzles.. My god they were so pitiful and really heavily dumbed down. I love TR but that was an epic disappointment. I guess they aimed the game at shooter fans and not at traditional TR fans.

So, no loss.. MS are welcome to it.

20. september

Sep 14, 2012
    This made me sad, then I thought about it and it'll probably be released 6-12 months later with all DLC anyway. It's very rare for any third party devs to stay exclusive.

It was a good game and a very bizarre thing to do with a franchise so old, sure go hard out and secure the new IP's and help fund their development, but don't be dirty and lock out established franchises that you've never put any effort into moulding. I don't care if MS or Sony did it, it'd be equally as rubbish.