iPad The Quest - Hero of Lukomorye I

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    [​IMG]

Everyone should really thank Elendil for all his hard work. : )

2. aendaman

aendaman Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Awsome! And thanks for all your work ; )

3. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
  4. beatwho

beatwho Active Member

Oct 22, 2009
    woo hoo, sold!

5. donner

donner Well-Known Member

super! has this been released to apple yet? cant wait!

this is my favorit RPG series ever BTW. I find it perfect for what im looking for in a game.

thanks catacomber and elendil for all your hard work! should we expect the entire HOL series to be ported to iphone? any other releases your planning that you can get us excited about?

6. Blackie

Blackie Member

Oct 4, 2009
    #366 Blackie, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
    Help!!

Hey guys, holidaying in Thailand & am at a resort with wireless. Have down loaded all three updates (direct onto my Iphone) but the game still won't boot. Have rebooted the phone twice, made no difference. I can load the expansion (island of ice and fire) as a stand alone and HOL1 as a stand alone, but can't load "the quest". I have also re enabled both expansions. Thought of deleting and reloading, but it says I'll lose all my data.
    Can someone help please. I had finished everything (apart from silvergirls robe and the dungeon at the top of the map and was really happy with my characters stats, I really don't want to start again if I don't have to.

Thanks

Pete.

7. Blackie

Blackie Member

Oct 4, 2009
    #367 Blackie, Oct 23, 2009
    Ok. A bit more info. I just tried to start the game about 40 times, it started dropping out after only a few seconds loading, but slowly became longer. At the end it was taking about 22 seconds before it went back to the iPhone screen.
    A difference I've noticed compaired to times when it would do this a couple of times but then load, is, those times before you normally heard the BGM, now I get no BGM. Don't know if any of that will help.

Pete.

8. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    The game should detect when it crashes trying to load the autosave and offer to delete it on next startup (and also go to the main menu). If that doesn't work maybe the game files themselves got corrupted or there is some problem with iphone OS.

What you can try is to do a backup of your device with iTunes (which should save your save files), delete The Quest, redownload The Quest app by using the App Store app on your device then reenable the expansions and try the game out to check that it works. After that you can restore your device, which should copy your saves and settings back.

This procedure might result in you losing your save files, but unfortunately my next advice would be to delete the game and start over, so you would lose your saves anyway.

9. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Great news about an expansion. Hope that I'll finish ice& fire till Christmas so sometime next fall I'll probably play HOL II :p

10. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #370 Catacomber, Oct 23, 2009
    HOLII isn't out yet for iphone--but should be by mid November, end of November latest----betatesting is almost done.

We hope to port all our HOL expansions to iphone and the others if Redshift is interested. : ) We appreciate your loyalty and your support and your wonderful feedback!

11. Blackie

Blackie Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Thanks for the advise. It's nice to have this level of support. I'll try it when I get back home and let you know.

Thanks again.

12. lopches

lopches Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    did i miss out something in agrimon's dungeon? cos i didnt get agrimon's armour :(

13. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #373 Catacomber, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
    You have to talk nicely to him. Do you have an older save file?

Lol, I have wrapped at my website to Touch Arcade so you can keep up. : ) My favorite game other than our Hero of Lukomorye series is BC9000. ; )

14. lopches

Dec 5, 2008
    Unfortunately no :( pls tell me there's another armour equivalent or better. Haha bc9000 is one of my fav too :)

15. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Next best is Fiery Plated Mail has AC 24 50% Paralysis Resistance.

Argimon's Mail is AC 27, +25% Heavy Armor, +10% Magic Resistance.

You'll have a chance in HOLII to get Argimon's Helm and some other good armor and become a member of the Order of the Sword. : )

16. lopches

Dec 5, 2008
    where is the location of the fiery plated mail? :D

17. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    How did I know you would ask, lopches? :p Go Firebird hunting in Gates of Transport. : ) You should be able to sneak in there now. :D

18. lopches

Dec 5, 2008
    u read minds! :eek: haha will do. ill make my way there soon :)

19. donner

donner Well-Known Member

Any news or info you'd be willing to spill regarding new gamees you're working on would make my day. I am aware that you are planning to port over all the HOL series and beyond, but Ive also heard micro bits about an all new game....... ???? :)

20. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Both Redshift and Zarista are working on all new games that are actually not related to each other's but that should give you hopefully lots of enjoyment. At Zarista, we're very excited to have the Unity game engine for iphone and it seems to have great possibilities (but I have to learn it : )). Redshift I think is working on a few new things including a new rpg game. But our first priority at Zarista is to get all the HOL series ported with Redshift's help and that is very time consuming. : ) That's time consuming for us all. : ) And we are working on HOLV which is new so we have to dig in. : )