iPad The Quest - Hero of Lukomorye I

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    you need to get your feet wet!

have you been to the crypt in giants thumb yet? im havin problems

2. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    #102 Catacomber, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    I just asked Redshift if your problem is a bug from port to iphone. I hope not but we'll have to see. In that Crypt in original game you can crack the wall you face north of you past the pink skeleton on the ground. That wall has no decoration in the original HOLI. But in iphone I think it does have a decoration which might be causing possibly a problem. Dunno really how the problem arose. Can you let me know if you see a border on that lousy wall? It should NOT have a border. Don't ask me why, just trust me. : )

It has nothing to do with finishing the game but does have to do with getting a nicer weapon from Martelius but I think I snuck one extra castek into the game just in case. : ) I never thought it would be needed until now. And I don't remember where I snuck it.

3. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Cata you said dookh village had a heavy weapon trainer that trains to 80, there is no-one there htat trains it, only a heavy armour trainer.

4. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #104 Catacomber, Sep 1, 2009
    Lol, I was going by Tux1212's list. I notice now he lists it but did not put in a level. I will take a look. You have to remember I made this game a little tiny bit ago and some things are not fresh in my mind. To find the trainers would require hours. I remember a lot, even about the Quest and Ice and Fire, because I wrote the quests and coded a lot, but don't remember everything. Am not a computer, lol. : ) Although it would be nice. The editor requires that you search each square to find something. ! I have a wonderful memory but not 100%. Sometimes when I answer your questions, I have to search....... a long time...happily doing that.

5. falloutmike

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    How do you get key number 2 in argimons dungeon, i tried all the switch combos... also the flags click when i click em but i cant figure it out! Its the one with the 3 switches

6. falloutmike

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    #106 falloutmike, Sep 1, 2009
    Got it thanks to your website cat :)

7. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    First the horrible news--there is no heavy weapon trainer in HOLI you will have to wait until HOLII. Unless a monster trains heavy weapon, I have a quick way to check whether the npc's train and what.

For key 2: you have to do the switches in a certain order. The last switch to throw down is the north one. The first one is the west one. That should help. : )

The flags are the colors of the Czech flag in honor of Argimon, Martelius and Broono. Blue, white and red.

8. falloutmike

Apr 16, 2009
    VA

Alright thanks, killed norbert now time for the 13 lever on... I google what you said and still can't figure it out, oh boy XD

9. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #109 Catacomber, Sep 1, 2009
    So you made me do all that work? Smiling. I don't mind. It was fun to make the game. It should be fun to play it. : ) Sometimes you need a little help.

Some of the gameplay in the HOL series, like the cracks in the walls, comes from Redshift's prior game of Legacy. They decided not to include the crackable walls in the Quest but us Legacy players missed them. Legacy was for the palm and pocketpc. Playing that game was the first time in my life I lived in a forum for help. There was one point I'd thought I'd cry cause I couldn't get an area with revolving holes. If you stepped on the wrong hole, you sank back to the beginning. (That's revived also somewhere in one of our expansions, but the holes don't revolve. : ) So I am very attuned (did I spell that right) to needing help. : )

10. Myrobotwillneverdie

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    its SO easy. dont rely on norberts journal, it makes it way more confusing!!!:)
    if you need help as a last resort, you can PM me. only as a last resort.

11. falloutmike

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Can you post in the group we made? I'm lost :(

12. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    He can post there I think. : ) Don't be lost. It's easy if you really love math. I had to ask Argimon how to do it. : ) I had to ask Argimon how to do a lot of his dungeons and he has a lot of dungeons in the HOL series. He is the number one Dungeon Master of deep challenges. : ) Very much fun!

13. Myrobotwillneverdie

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    i just PM'd him.
    incase anyone else didnt want a spoiler!

14. falloutmike

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    #114 falloutmike, Sep 1, 2009
    Thanks robot.

I was doing it right the whole time, i thought i would get a pop up saying i activated something that's why i kept trying over and over... xD

I'm off to bed night all :)

15. Myrobotwillneverdie

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    i thought it opened cats cell so i kept entering the numbers, and trying to free her, i was getting pissed, then noticed the active teleport.

16. bookmarkmaster

bookmarkmaster New Member

Sep 1, 2009
    self employ
    USA
    The Quest - Hero of Lukomorye I $2.99

Do you have a review of The Quest - Hero of Lukomorye I on your blog? If you include the AppStoreHQ badge (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the application page on our site. The badge will also update itself as the app information and rating changes. Here's how it works:

1. Copy the HTML below for our The Quest - Hero of Lukomorye I widget.
    2. Paste the HTML into your post.
    3. AppStoreHQ will notice that you're linking to one of our pages. We'll index your blog.
    4. We'll show a link to your post from the The Quest - Hero of Lukomorye I page on AppStoreHQ.

17. rayker99

rayker99 Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Bug, The Quest Aborts During Item Navigation

I have encountered a serious bug (serious to me anyways) while playing "Hero of Lukomorye I" inside of "The Quest" game. Trying to sell items or navigate through the pages of my backpack causes the game to abort. This abort problem only occurs in the All and armor views, all other views are working fine. I can sell items and click on items as long as the page contains empty slots. If the page is full of items and I click on the down arrow the game aborts 100% of the time in the sell item mode and even while just viewing the backpack. If a page is full of items and I click on an item on the first page to sell the game aborts about 100% of time. If a page is full of items and I attempt to drop an item on the ground the game aborts about 90% of the time.

This problem is real annoying because I am unable to wear new armor that I have picked-up or purchased because I can not navigate to the page containing the armor. I am about to stop playing Lukomorye inside of The Quest and just play the game inside the expansion with a new character.

18. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #118 Catacomber, Sep 1, 2009
    We have this review---

http://appreview.com/Games/The-Quest---Hero-of-Lukomorye-I/73986

and

http://www.appstorehq.com/thequest-herooflukomoryei-iphone-66207/app

I will ask my partner Dr. Vlad (Vladislav Zarayskiy) to do what's necessary. He takes care of those things. Thanks very much.

19. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #119 Catacomber, Sep 1, 2009
    The only bug I know of is the Silvergirl's cloak bug which Redshift fixed. Will let Elendil know about this but you can also write him at [email protected]. I'm sorry about that. No one else has reported that problem. Emailing Elendil at Redshift.

20. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    This is the same bug, I presume. You (rayker99) have talked to Silvergirl and got the Silver Dragon robe which causes the crash.

We have already submitted a fixed version to Apple, but nowadays it takes around two weeks for Apple to review apps, so I'd estime that the update will come out around the 10th of september.

Until then, the only way to not get this bug is to not select the 'Acting Headmistress' topic when talking to Silvergirl and reload an earlier save if you have talked about it, sorry.