iPad The Quest

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BrushMyNoseOff, Feb 20, 2009.

1. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009

Ok then, never mind, I'll just play from the beginning. I have to brag a little, I broke my highscore in speedy reaching vastares, I managed to do it on lvl 1 with 300xp. Just to compare, when I first got my hands on the quest I managed to get there on lvl8
    That's another thing I love about the quest, I can set my own milestones and goals to achieve

2. Kaos999

Kaos999 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Australia
    One reason this works really well is because you don't need WiFi to enable the expansions. If they were In App Purchases, those without WiFi would not be able to experience the awesomeness of them.

3. revol

revol Member

May 22, 2010
    How can I get my equipment repaired in the beginning of HoLI? I'm stuck in Fortress of Zlatograd, and I can't leave because my armors and weapon are too soft to be effective.

4. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    Ooh. That's a tough one. Do you have any repair hammers? Can you mark your current spot and recall somewhere to repair in someway. Then, recall back to your current location

5. revol

revol Member

May 22, 2010
    I'm playing with a new character created in HoL1, so I don't have either option.

6. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    I'm not sure I remember correctly, but check out the single house to the east of the palace in Zlatograd. I think the guy in there did repairs. If not, check all the other non-store houses in town as well, it might of been one of them.

(I went there myself to look, but due to plot reasons he's not there anymore..)

7. revol

revol Member

May 22, 2010
    #2288 revol, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
    There was a guy right across the way from the royal quarters that TEACHES repairs, but I don't think he does it himself.

Edit: Nevermind, I just found Bobyl. I'm good now.

8. SstakK

SstakK Active Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Luko 3 is hard. Took me 3 minutes to kill a regular orc. He didnt harm me much but i just gave him scratches! So now im back to luko 2 again :p horde is done (killed dragon freed princeas, got map) so a question:

There are 2 towers at ezersk (or something) opened the bogatyr one, killed everyone inside, but now i need to go to the other tower how do i deactivate that forcefield? Got both the keys from sovoley :( (im pretty far in this expansion already and got 200 repair skill (rings :p)

9. SstakK

SstakK Active Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Pls im stuck! And whats up with the cave under grey steppes? I stand on a swith it says i hear some rocks moving but nothing changes?

:(

10. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    You need to go to Ezersk - North End at night and look for Lilya who will take down that forcefield for you. : ) You have to walk around at night there in the southwest area. She may not appear unless you step in the right spot. :)

11. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #2292 Catacomber, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
    Where are you? I'm your resident kitty-here to answer your questions.

You have to kill all the wolves to have something happen but I'm not sure exactly where you are and what you've done.

Help me. : )

When you say it's hard--are you enchanting your gear?

12. SstakK

SstakK Active Member

Mar 22, 2010
    #2293 SstakK, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
    I have just been through the whole grey steppes, killed every enemy outside and inside the cave. So in the cave kolobok told me the usual fake wall hint. So i tapped the right walls and then i entered a small room with one of those big round switches where you can stand on. I stood on top of it and it said that i heard some rocks movong or something. But nothing of the map in the cave changed so i went outdise. I dod see a lot of rochs lying on the ground hit and tapped them all but nothing happened :(

Ill skip HOL3 asterouids seems to be easier for me somehow. Btw im immune to everything :). My defence is good. Ac is round 1100 or summin. Found a good place to enchant at asteroids. Bubble city (up to 1200 enchant) any other places with maybe higher possible enchants? I have 3M gold so thats not the problem :)

But my attack was my biggest problem its good for asteroids but the creatures at hol 3 seem to be a bit stronger? And those ents keep robbing me!

And when does HOL2 end? I have done all nr. Tainnink's quests killed alpawit ect.. But no ending like at the isles or hol1? Just like at Horde, no ending while i did the quests from yuz and all of the mapmakers??

13. revol

revol Member

May 22, 2010
    What stat do I need to increase to be able to take less damage from magic?

14. Kaos999

Jan 12, 2010
    Australia
    I don't think there's a stat for that. You can, however, raise your magic resistance. Enchant magic resist onto your equipment, or mix a Resist Magic potion (gives you over 100% magic resist for 10 or so turns if you make it youself).

15. revol

revol Member

May 22, 2010
    What does magic resist do? I already have it at 75% I think.

I'm playing HoL1, and I've gained great physical defenses thanks to enchanting, but I still cannot stand up against a Mage.

16. Kaos999

Jan 12, 2010
    Australia
    Magic resist reduces damage taken from magic by that percentage. In your case, you would block 75% of the damage, so a 100 damage magic attack would only deal 25 damage.

Get 100% magic resist as soon as possible, it's very useful.

17. revol

revol Member

May 22, 2010
    #2298 revol, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
    Which of the four parties in HoL1 should I go see for the Tsar first? How do I get to Dookh village? I seem to be cut off from it.

Edit- i made it to dookh. What is the trick to convince the leader to help? Do I need to increase my persuasion, or personality?

18. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    It would be a good idea to go to the Leshiy Forest Spirit first especially if you are not a very high level because he's near the beginning. : )

Hi, I'm at relatives for a few days, so my answers are off the top of my head--anything I can't offer off the top of my head, I'll come back and answer tomorrow night. : ) Don't have the game with me.

You get to Dookh Village via flying carpet from Baba Yaga if I remember correctly. I think I may have put a "sneak in" way also.

To persuade the Dookh guy you have to pacify the spirit of Karachun.

19. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Kaos999 answered your question. You can also try equipping Stone Skin.