iPad The Quest

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BrushMyNoseOff, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    #981 Brazilian Rider, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
    I don't think it is... anyways that's great! You can definitely consider me a buyer!

EDIT: Any chance this will include The Quest's update to OpenFient 2.0 and add some Achievements?

2. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    I am waiting for you in my dank, 2x2 dungeon. I hope you will learn lockpick very well or I will die!

I don't know about that. : ) I will ask Elendil. : ) He's sleeping right now.

3. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    I have to get off the computer very soon. If you go into The Quest OpenFeint chat I might be there ;)

4. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #984 Catacomber, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
    I am locked in a little dank cell with no bars (as in iphone reception bars) except cruel metal bars! Have a good night. : ) You can visit me also at my website. : ) But my new home is here.

5. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    My understanding is that however the Ice and Fire expansion was, this expansion will be, so it should have Feint. I am talking to Elendil about restoring the xp so we will see--but I don't see why it won't be possible.

If not, just wait patiently. There's enough to do in HOLI so you shouldn't miss that and it gives you something to look forward to---right now you don't even know how it feels to restore your xp--nothing lost, nothing gained. : )

Or is it nothing gained, nothing lost. : )

6. ams16

ams16 Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Aack! Pyramid quest

I can't figure out where to put the idols! Anyone? I've read all the wall signs, I think.

If I can't get done with this, I can't get off the stupid island, I bet, and everything is lost. hmph. Help?

7. edough323

edough323 New Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I've never been an avid RPG player or really took any time to play anything on the iphone for more than a few minutes and i gotta say since i picked up the game a few days ago i haven't been able to put it down, at all! And it's crazy because i'm literally finding myself staying up all hours of the night playing this and then regretting it so much the next and yet coming right back to it after 2AM roles around. I guess this really doesn't have to do much with the game, just some therapeutic/insomniac problems hah, but what i'm trying to say is that this game is amazing, blew my expectations out of the Brendan river completely (hah again?) and is unlike any experience i've ever had.

Thank you so much for satisfying my grumbling crave for a night-time filler!!

One quick question before i go, i'm trying to finish up some quests and i'm doing the enchantress's head right now in Phrynn, but i seemed to have gotten off to the blacksmith's side task, delivered the potions and got the reward from the soldier and his wife but the blacksmith is dissappointed and doesn't want to talk about "anything but business anymore." I think i'm therefore kind of stuck in the quest. Need some help with what to do next. I've talked to her neighbor and the mayor and not sure what else to do.

Thanks for any feedback i get on this! Appreciate the care and consideration the staff is giving to The Quest community.
    Love you guys and your product, i'll definatley buy anything you release in the future!

8. smirnoffsky

smirnoffsky Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    I think that's a bug. The "Brom's Potion and Wine" quest, that is. I also have that listed in my active quests even though I have completed the required task. It's like dirt stuck in your eye :D

9. vonfink

vonfink Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Look at each sign by a niche. Look at the "title" for each idol (click on them in your inventory).

10. ams16

ams16 Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Thanks. I was looking on the wrong floor, and didn't realize there was that section on that floor. (All I saw was the hole.)

11. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    Can anyone tell me where this pyramid is? And what the 4 new quests are? Just wanna make sure I get everything done.

12. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    Also, where is the damn secret library. I can't find it for the life of me. And it's the second time I've played through

13. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    If you got a reward from the soldier and his wife I think you did it wrong. What I did is talked to the lady, and she said not to come back. I then went to the back of the house, found the soldier and told him the potion was a gift from me. Then he got angry and I went to the blacksmith, talked to him, and got a sword that gave me +5 unholy.

14. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Okay as soon as you start the game what is the very first thing you do? If you know of a guide of some sort please do.

15. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    You can get help here and at my website. The first thing you do is figure out what stats you want to start out with and then knock on doors in the town and explore the cemetery!

There is a quest hints site. www.thequesthints.de

16. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    BTW, for those of you who are waiting to restore your lost xp, Sylon is putting that into our HOL I expansion. We originally included it in HOLIII but know you are hungry to do it NOW. Look for the special spheres. They are my favorite color!!

: )

PS, my favorite color is the color of the sun!

17. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Do you mean in the expansion--the Isles?

I can help you but need to know where you are.

18. Sylon/Redshift

Sylon/Redshift Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
  19. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #999 Catacomber, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
    You can level up by fighting the skeletons in the cemetery. Although I'm level 50 now, when I tested the Quest for the iphone I was a wimp naturally cause I had to start over--that's how I got stronger--fighting those horrible skeletons. Then I fought the bats in the cave. Let skeletons respawn, fight skeletons. Let bats respawn, fight bats. : ) Then take on thieves in forest and archers.

Some old advice from Silvergirl--you can't find this in any manual: She is and will always be the Quest's Diva. No one has ever explored the nuances of the Quest to the same extent as she has--she played it on (whispers) Windows Mobile Platform). : )

"I like to have Mercantile as a major skill, but I don't put any skill points into it until after I've trained all I can. There are Mercantile trainers in Vastares (level 20), Phryn (30) and Mithria (40). There's also a level 70 Trainer in Eldfell that you can get to in the Expansion without having to battle any monsters, but until now I've only used the Eldfell trainers since I didn't have the Expansion before. (I've started a new character, a Rasvim, and I'll be taking advantage of the Expansion's trainers for her, but it's perfectly feasible to develop a powerful character without the Expansion.) I also try to hold off as much as I can on putting upgrade points into other skills until I can train them to the max as well. The one exception (sometimes) is Environmental Magic because there's only one trainer in the base game (level 30 in Vastares) and I use the Enchant skill to make Enchanted gear. Other times I keep Environmental magic training until after Mercantile has been trained to the max.

Like Hawkfire, I have my shopping outfit, my Enchanting outfit and my fighting outfit. So even my low-strength mage had 3 outfits. Other skills I increase with Enchanted gear can include Alchemy (until I've reached level 60) and Repair. Attribute levels can also be increased using Enchanted gear, and I've found it really helpful to raise Strenth and Endurance (as well as Intelligence especially if your attack methods rely on SP).

My strategy so far is to get the Enchant spellbook in the Pit of Blood, train Env. magic to 30 in Vastares, Enchant any items possible for either personal use or to sell them to make money (buying leather capes in Matras, Enchanting them with 6% Resist Diseases and 1% Resist Poison, and putting Infect Diseases on weaopns, makes the greatest amount of money) train Mercantile to the max, then put in as much of my saved-up level-up points into it, boost Mercantile as much as I can with level-up points and then start training in other skills. I then use my stored up levelling-up points to take me to (2xattribute)-1, then read a book. If I have more than one book, I read the books with the least skill points, add my stored levelling-up points as before and then read the book with the most skill points.

Btw, Alchemy is a skill that I always used to have as a major skill, but I found it's better to save a major skill slot for something else. There's an Alchemy trainer in each of Freymore's four cities so you can train up to level 50 (and a level 70 trainer in Eldfell in the Expansion) plus there are more Alchemy skillbooks than with any other skill. Using the Alchemy skillbooks that can be found around the game and picked up as monster booty gives me all the Alchemy I can use. And here the important benchmark is to reach level 70 so you can make Permanent Attribute potions which you would like to start using at as low a level as possible.

There are other ways of making money that rely on Stealth, Lockpick and Disarm skills and the use of certain keys you can buy in the locksmith shops in Vastares and Matras, but remember that if you get a Crime rating that guards you pass will stop you and either throw you in jail or demand money to clear your crime rating. (If you get thrown in prison, use your Lockpick skill or an Unlock spell to break out of your cell and grab all the stuff lying around inside the prison.) If you can save up all your crimes for one huge crime spree, there's a person in Matras who can clear all your crimes for free once you've solved an easy quest for her. If you're going to do the crime-spree thing, you'll want to have a few positions Marked in each town that you can Recall to in order to get all your breaking-and-entering done in one night."

20. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Dang that was a long post!