iPad The Quest

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BrushMyNoseOff, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    Muck Island is in HOLI, you can't get there yet on iphone. :p Get ready to get mucky! :D

2. Fire4Effect

Fire4Effect Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Hehe.. I need serious help. I'm stuck in Thule and have no idea what I'm doing. I've talked to everyone constantly. I just found the harp and tuner and finished that. Now I have the find the murderer and the sword and also the dagger quests. Oh and the flail quest. Any help is greatly appreciated.

3. Fire4Effect

Apr 13, 2009
    #1023 Fire4Effect, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    Nm I cracked something, found the flail =)

Update:
    so I got bit by toad or whatever his name is, found the cure. Now toad is missing and I can't find him

4. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #1024 Catacomber, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    Well, you have quite a bit to do.

Basically talk to the brother in the garden (Joram) and with high persuade talk to Pamfilea (if u are not high enough, enchant stuff and put it on) the cook and she will lead you to talk to someone else, Benedetto near the cemetery.

Then you might find the Abbott's secret library with a certain ladder hiding a certain something, which if you take it to a boy walking around there, Daku, he will give you a job to deliver a something to a beautiful lady who lives in the south. Then you have to find a priest in a poor section of Eldfell who once had custody of a child. Then you have to talk to the abbot ......who will not be too happy

Talking to the abbott and then the governor and then the abbott when all else fails sometimes helps--and after all these years I cannot still spell abbot consistently right. : )

You can't find the sword until toward the end of the game.

[Out of breath] :)

5. Fire4Effect

Apr 13, 2009
    #1025 Fire4Effect, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
    Hehe I did that stuff already but thank you. I'm at the part where I got bit by the beast, got the cure, talked to the govener and he said I had insufficient proof. So I went looking for the abbot or beast and can't find either of them. I've talked to the people over and over but let me try to up my persuade but it's at 68

update:
    tried talking with joram, benedito, and govener with 134 persuade and nothing. Govener said that all I had was stories and to find the beast and I'll find answers but I can't find abbot or the beast. Not in basement, upstairs, secret library. I did go south and do the errand already went back afterwards and saw suhsiana or whatever her name is and killed her(cuz the beast said something about killing his mother)

6. Human

Human Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    What lvl lockpicking do I need to pick the doors at the Sunken Monastery? I have lvl 50 lockpicking and a master's lockpick but the chance of opening the doors is "slight"

7. Cryo84R

Cryo84R New Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Help a newbie

Just got this and need some questions answered, if at possible, i would like a real time chat with someone.

Where is the best place to go for guides and walk throughs?
    What's the best way to make money?

my MSN is [email protected]

8. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #1028 Catacomber, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
    Cryo84R

What are your questions?

The best way to make money is to increase your mercantile skill and then buy low and sell high. :)

I don't do realtime chat as I just don't have the time. Sorry. As well as making new games, I have a very active family who needs to have realtime chat with me when am not at the computer. : ) But I come here every day or night. And you can email me at my website. I email back reasonably quickly and that is all the realtime chat anyone can ask for from me. : ) Keep in mind I helped program the Quest and actually programmed the Ice/Fire expansion so if you want a first hand answer, I can give it.

There is a very nice user guide at Redshift's website: www/redshift.hu

If you haven't read it, it would be helpful.

You can also find a lot of information here:

www.thequesthints.de

9. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    I haven't had a chance to play this yet but there are some threads at my website and people seem to be getting along. Am focused on HOLI for iphone right now. : ) Forgive me--eventually I'll get to this.

10. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Did you talk to the priest in Shacktown in Eldfell? You're very close to the end. You sound like a hero who won't give up. :D

11. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Any update on the other expansions? Like when there coming.

12. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #1032 Catacomber, Aug 9, 2009
    Not all at the same time. :D

It's important to set the right level for the player who uses the standalone expansion for Luko I--tested it today with the standalone and died faster than ever in my history of playing the Quest. : ) The monsters are hard. That's the only open issue right now and then it's in Apple's lap. : )

The other expansions are all done and just will wait the right timing and Elendil's magic wand and Sylon's touching up of the monsters and graphics for iphone. I will polish a few things that I've learned with time should be polished--for example, right now in HOLII there is a good and bad end (if I remember correctly) and you really suffer in the bad end. Am going to change that---hope that gives you an idea.

If you guys/gals want HOLV (there presently are I-IV), we are ready to give you HOLV but it takes 2 months for me to do an expansion and still get a human amount of sleep. : )

If we do HOLV, we will have to include some new iphone forum members in the guild, whatever guild we have. We obviously may not have the old guild members. So that's another thing to think about. : ) It has always been a great deal of fun. You won't know what I'm talking about until you play the HOLs.

13. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Nice! :) Thanks for the update.

14. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #1034 Catacomber, Aug 9, 2009
    Oh, my god! I'm a Member!! Not a Junior Member anymore. Must celebrate with a nice, juicy mouse!!!!

:p

We hope you have fun in our expansions and wear out your brain as well as your other skills, but most of all that you become the Hero.

[​IMG]

15. Fire4Effect

Apr 13, 2009
    Priest as in father valar? He didn't give me any info, already got birth records from him

16. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    You must have talked to the abbot after that.....

Then talk to the governor?

Then check out the Crypt on Thule?

17. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #1037 Catacomber, Aug 9, 2009
    The abbot in the crypt won't be there until you talk to Brother Alvaro in the basement of Thule Abbey and he tells you:

"Odd that you ask. What's going on? I saw him headed down to the crypt in the cemetery wiping tears from his eyes. He wouldn't talk to me. He looked upset. I hope there hasn't been another murder!"

If you're alive after being bitten by the beast, go talk to Brother Alvaro again and then head for the crypt. And then remember that it helps to tap, tap, tap walls or hit, hit, hit them, especially before the entrance to the Beast's door, and hopefully you'll tap or hit on the not right side. ; )

Anyway if you tell me what Brother Alvaro says when you talk to him I might be able to help you further.

18. Fire4Effect

Apr 13, 2009
    Govener told me to find the beast for my answers. At Thule crypt now, looking unless there is a secret passage I'm missing

19. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Did you talk to Brother Alvaro in the basement and what did he say? There's no secret passage to find the Abbot--when he's there--he's there, walking around but he won't be there until you talk to Brother Alvaro in the right way.

Did Alvaro tell you:

"Yes! Solfecht, the abbey physician, and I combined our alchemical skills to make what we hope is a cure. It could help you create a potion to cure yourself if we're right. However to do that would take experience, which you don't have... let me help you. Just come back, I will make a potion for you, every day. Here's the first and an extra today to restore your strength. "

Then talk to him again.

20. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    Well cat, this guild you speak of sounds interesting?

I'm very excited about the expansion!