iPad The Quest

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BrushMyNoseOff, Feb 20, 2009.

1. edicus

edicus Active Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Both.

2. Abaddon

Abaddon Member

Sep 17, 2009
    HOL1 not Redshift?

Ok i just started playing HOL1 on my iPhone and it's apparently not a legitimate expansion to the base game like Ice and Fire. Every moderator from PDAground is some sort of wizard. Im not saying it's bad. It's kool just definiately went in a different direction than the base did. I mean i have a talking cookie in my backpack for crying out loud lol. Anyhow is their another official expansion? Just curious, i have every intention to keep playing it and download the rest of the HOL series.

3. Fire4Effect

Fire4Effect Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    How do I not see this house haha. I remember not knowing where gutrutz house was the first time through. I still don't see this lit window lol

4. lopches

lopches Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    ahh thanks! finally can move on to HOL! :D

5. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    As you cross over from Slums of Thule to Village of Thule at night, it's the second boarded up window (on the big house) from the left.

You need stealth 35 or more to do anything there. :cool:

6. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #1706 Catacomber, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
    If you mean "legitimate" as it was authored by Redshift, no, it was authored by Zarista Games and my partner Dr. Vlad is Russian so there is a lot of Russian folklore in the HOL series as you will find out later. The cookie is patterned on a Russian folktale and will be with you in all the HOL expansions. : ) As far as I know the only "expansion" by Redshift right now is the update as they are working on a new game.

But the HOL series is now on iphone through the combined abilities of Redshift and Zarista games and we all share revenue from it--so don't feel you're not supporting Redshift by playing the HOL series. : ) And yes, we think it's cool. : )

The "wizard/forum moderators" are our betatesters--each expansion in the HOL series contains a guild made up of our betatesters--in HOLII they are teachers at Redshift University for example. In HOLIII, they are sailors on a Floating University (on ship on high seas), HOLIV, shipbuilders' union, etc, etc. We tried to integrate our betatesters solidly into the game as they all contributed to the whole creative process.

7. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    HOL I is completely 'legitimate'. :) Yes, it wasn't created by Redshift, we just ported it to iPhone, and updated it a bit, mostly graphics wise. But we fully support it with fixes for bugs (some of which were introduced by the porting and updating :p).

The only 'official' expansion is Ice & Fire and we are not planning on creating a new one. However we might update the base game again with free new content, like we did in version 2.3.

8. Fire4Effect

Fire4Effect Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Ahhh ok I got it. But guturz door is locked now in Thule abbey. Guess cuz I beat the game already

9. edicus

edicus Active Member

Sep 3, 2009
    I got the mysterious man. Now I have to deal with the Dragon King. I think I'm in trouble.

10. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    No you're not. When you enter the dragon room in another dimension don't talk to them. Instead go to the passage on the right and press the brown stone. You can easily see it considering that the walls are red. Then a secret passage will appear. In the passage press another brown stone and the wall will dissapear and you will see one of the dragons. Attack it and just wait for them to come to you. There can only be two of them at once(they can't surround you because you're in the passage) and you can paralyze every dragon except the king. You just need a lot of potions and if you are a mage, restore manas.

11. Abaddon

Abaddon Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Oh ok. Well that does explain alot of thing's then. I thought a lot of the item's i got from the wizard's/moderator's were abit over powered but as I've been around some more of the map I realize i still die quite a bit lol. But it was recommended for lvl 22 and up and im only lvl 19. I beat the other games way early in lvl's apparently. I had to go play Ice and Fire b4 i could get access to the gateway island because i wasnt high enough in lvl to take the boat lol. Anyway good work and any idea when HOL2 will be released for iPhone?

12. edicus

edicus Active Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Thanks. Do you recall where I can get paralysis scrolls or wands?

13. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I don't like the graphics of this game.

14. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Lol, the oily guy moved to Stone Village--but don't expect a lot from him. :rolleyes:

15. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    this game is really hard, i played for about five minutes then got lost and gave up:p

16. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Elendil advises me we're shooting for November for HOLII release and I swear it will be thoroughly tested. :eek:

17. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    The graphics are a bit old school because Sylon likes the feeling of the old school games. Redshift is working on a more modern 3d editor which will more satisfy you're taste though I think.

That said, I think a ton of people love the gameplay which is about as good as you can get, imho. If you want an immersive, captivating world that makes you forget you have such things as dental appointments and bad bosses in the real world, the Quest is a game for you. :)

It's slightly sad in my opinion that so many game developers worry today about how glisteny their special effects are when gameplay is so much more important. It's like a pretty doughnut with a hollow interior.

18. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    It's not hard if you spend time about the early part of the game leveling up by killing skeletons in the graveyard area and getting a little gold to improve your weapons. There is a manual up at www.redshift.hu that should help anyone succeed in the game. The game is a fascinating one but you have to hone your muscles--all heroes need to work out a little. :D

19. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    how do i interact with the holes? whatever i do doesn't work :(

20. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    What hole where? If it's a hole in the cemetery go talk to the Mayor of Matras and then the innkeeper. Give the game a chance. I swear you will be hooked. : ) Some holes will let you in right away others need to have a ladder down activated. Going to bed in a little bit. But will be back and will not abandon you. :p If I do abandon you cause am going to sleep, will be back tomorrow. : )