The SandBox for iPhone / iPad by Pixowl Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PixOwl, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sivyan

sivyan Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Germany
    Can someone explain electricity to me? What I am trying to do is create a rectangle shaped heater and inside the heater rectangle , sand so it smelts when turned on. I connect power to it and put electricity on the power blocks but nothing happens..

2. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

#102 nicodemus82, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
    If your device is jailbroken you can install the game manually anyways via ssh. no need for the profile installation.

Anyways, here's some of my initial thoughts/feedback on the game so far.

Definitely a fun game so far.. After first booting up the game and figuring out what does what, I made my first little forest and was enthralled just sitting there watching plants and trees grow, water evaporating and becoming clouds which then rained down water again. my creation actually felt alive.

Overall I think you guys have done a great job. the game has a really unique look and feel and even though there have been similar games before, this one stands out on its own.

I do however feel that there should be some sort of short tutorial included when you first start the game. it can be a little overwhelming at first especially if you're new to this type of game. it almost feels as if you're dropped in at the deep end and for some people that can really turn them off the game.
    The same thing happened with another game I recently tested, Junk Jack. because there was no actual in depth tutorial included, people started giving bad ratings etc..

I also think that the elementpedia should be in-game. having it take you out of the game every time get's a little annoying and if someone is wanting to play the game while they are away from the internet, they can't view it at all.

Music: The game needs some music/sound effects. I feel it would add to the overall atmosphere. maybe we could play our own?

please add the option to hide the top tool bar. maybe just keep a little button in the top corner that when pressed brings the tool bar back down?

Explosives: adding in stuff like TNT, Dynamite, napalm etc would be great :)

Wildlife/Humans: I think it would be cool if we could add wildlife and or humans. seeing how they react to our worlds and the different elements would be awesome. Maybe they could actually interact with the different elements too like if we placed wood near humans then they would build stuff out of it or use it to start a fire.. having humans hunt wildlife would be pretty awesome too :)

Here's a few of my creations so far.

[​IMG]

Erupting volcano!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    #103 JoeyLP, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
    For creating more awesome things, such as volcanoes, would it be possible to get a 'pause physics' button, in which erasing things won't make anything move, fall or anything else. That way I can create a volcano without having to zoom in, which has the potential to crash on me.

It would actually be better without music, but have atmospheric sounds. Such as water if there is water and a slight wind breeze and stuff.

4. Bane97

Bane97 Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Criminal
    Gotham City
    I would install it thourgh SSH but I do not have the IPA file :(

5. nicodemus82

SSH into your device and find the app folder, then drag that into iTunes which will create an ipa file.

6. Bane97

Bane97 Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Criminal
    Gotham City
    I will try

7. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    This is definately fun as heck

8. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Loving the game so far. Just checking, is there an undo button somewhere? I can't find it. If not then that should definitely be added. :D

9. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    Agreed

10. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I sent that idea in yesterday. :)

11. nicodemus82

Me too :D

12. Dragonvalefan

Dragonvalefan Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Guide

Could you post a detailed guide for Beta testers and upcoming players? About lights and more. The wiki hasn't got that yet or teach me and I will post a detailed guide :D

13. PixOwl

PixOwl Well-Known Member

Thank you for your contribution!

We have setup a forum at http://forum.thesandboxgame.com
    and a wiki that you can access from the elements menu => "Elementpedia" button.

I think it would be great to post the tutorial directly on the game forum, we can pin it on top of articles!

Pixowl

14. PixOwl

PixOwl Well-Known Member

Yes, in the next beta you will see the full story mode, with missions, goals and a nice tutorial :)

15. nicodemus82

Awesome! that sounds great. can't wait :)

16. PixOwl

PixOwl Well-Known Member

Hello

Like in real life, you need first to build a closed circuit using the metal element.
    It should be a square or rectangle. It's easier to do it in zoom mode, and even easier if you use the Line tool instead of the pencil tool.

Then, you put adjacently to the electric circuit the heater, cooler or light bulb. It needs to touch the wire at 1 pixel distance max.

Then you drop 1 particle of electricity only in the wire, and you should see it go in loop inside the wire.

See the attached screenshots, tell us if you can reproduce it!

cheers
    Pixowl

Attached Files:

17. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    Just found out how to make lights with metal. Your game has lots of potential. Keep implementing more elements (animals etc) into the game. I dont have the link to the feedback site anymore. It would be nice if you could send it to me :)

18. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    For me I was forgetting to turn off the sun and weather etc when trying to make stuff with electricity. Just thought I'd mention it incase anyone else like me keeps forgetting. :)

19. PixOwl

PixOwl Well-Known Member

20. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    Thanks for the link. I sent feedback to you.