Universal The Sandbox - Pixel Art World Creator

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iND, May 14, 2012.

1. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    There are only 24 levels for now.

People should really stop to "try to catch em' all", A bit of thinking outside the box and NOT trying to get all elements can have you done with the Story Mode with plenty of mana to spare with a bit of grinding on the Free Mode...

2. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    #62 Ravenblack, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
    Yeah it was my mistake. I was playing it at home when I first installed it, started the game, then turned off the wifi and thus I thought it could be played offline. :eek:

Then just now I tried it on another device that is never online, it does require internet connection at the first login.

That's not good.

Add:
    Love the game though. I was considering buying iap but I don't think it is needed after playing it more. I've gotten to Level 24, played a bit of free mode to get some additional mana after carelessly spending it earlier on mud and such... so I didn't really grind all that much to get the stuff I need.

3. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

It was sad to see that the beta testers were not mentioned in the credits.
    But the game is awesome, and I can't put it down!

4. Jordanrracer

Jordanrracer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    It was open beta, so there's probably 50+ testers. Lol

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, outta the 15+ games I've beta tested, I've been mentioned in 1...

Have a couple of 'thank you' credits for being so cool and spiffy... But never really credited for beta testing. =oP

6. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    What does Frogatto, S:S&S, and Splinter Cell Conviction have in common with The Sandbox?

They all are games where the developer forgot to enable retina on iPod Touches. S:S&S fixed this eventually, but most games where I have mentioned this issue on the forums never have this fixed. It's sad, but that's what we get for not using iPhones— developers just don't know we exist sometimes.

7. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Being a beta tester I'm almost positive there were no retina graphics in the beta and they were purposely excluded. Truthfully I don't think I'd see much of a difference in this game if it was retina enabled

8. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    How do you beat the alchemy level 24? I can't beat it even with all the hints. I just don't understand it.

9. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Fill the first with sand, the second with steam, the third with wood, and the fourth with gas, then connect the wires and watch the fireworks.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    AN ADVICE: buying a background doesn't mean you unlock the background forever. Every time you want to use the background you have to spend mana on it. Not nice at all :( I bought the "all elements IAP" to use the mana to unlock the backgrounds. I thought that once unlocked, you could choose the over and over again without spending mana, but it's not the case.

The game is great, but I really wish devs didn't use IAP in such a "money grinding" way. I think that 5.49€ is enough for this game...

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    UPDATE: the devs have said that the backgrounds should unlock and that it's not normal that you have to pay more than once. They're looking into it. Also, the "unlock all elements" IAP is a one-time purchase. Soooo, this is much nicer than it seemed at first. I hope they fix the background bug.

12. Craddlecat

Craddlecat Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2011
    $6 to unlock all elements?? rediculous pricing

13. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I think it's $7, but yeah, it's great IMO. You can spend the mana on unlocking backgrounds. I hope they fix the issue soon.

14. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I had the same problem. Then I realized if you purchase the background through the "Backgrounds Shop" it doesn't unlock it. It only unlocks through the "Choose your Background" interface. Lost a couple thousand mana before I figured it out... any way to get that back Devs?

15. polycontrale

polycontrale Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Achievements

Just noticed that even though I've gotten every achievement except for the play X amount of time ones, not a single one shows up in Game Center.

16. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Same here. I have three achievements so far, but none of them show up in GC.

17. TheGribble

TheGribble Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Bit late, but I've found a solution - use Fire on the largest brush setting and you can just melt the rock straight away. In fact you can incinerate pretty much anything with that.. :D

18. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    I beta tested this. It was pretty fun.

19. shdwstar2417

shdwstar2417 Member

May 16, 2012
    Can I get some help on 13 please ?

20. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010