The Secret Castle (Platronic Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by John Francis, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Looks really interesting, John. I love adventure games, but not so big on hidden object titles. How would you describe the gameplay? I did quite enjoy the original Drawn, if that helps.

Also, can you give us a sense of how long the game is?

2. The game originally started out a hidden object game with puzzles and ended up more on the other side as a puzzle game with hidden objects. The puzzles themselves are about finding the hidden objects but most of the puzzles require putting the objects together in the 3D space.

The game I honestly think will be pretty short. Maybe a 3+ hour experience. There's no grinding, backtracking, or duplicate items (e.g. find 10 table lamps). Every item in the game is built around the story so there's relevant story information around it. About 25% of the items in the game have scripted events tied to them to the story active.

I'm almost embarrassed to say this but story is critical here to me. I don't mean like it has a big or epic story. I think it actually has a good one. 99% of all games I play have characters with no real internal or external conflict. They're generally two dimensional and most of all they don't face any sort of dilemmas. Our story may end up being terrible but I did take very seriously. If you want a frame of reference I went for a very "Pixar" vibe. There are some very adult themes and issues but ultimately a universal approach that doesn't exploit the situation to appeal to a certain age group.

Hope that helps but I'd be happy to elaborate more :)

3. enelya

enelya Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Is this game available in international stores or just in the USA?

4. We're going to have it available everywhere day one. I want to do an EFIGS localizations (English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish) as soon as we can afford it and assuming there's interest in it.

5. We're finished and going into test next week. I figured I'd post a few screens to show what the final game looks like. Here's a cutscene panel, level 2 (The Main Hall), and the main menu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm glad to finally get this out there but if you have any questions or suggestions before we launch I'm all ears...

6. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Glad to see the game coming along, I was blown away by the fist beta I got of the game in the early stages

7. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Will it be available on iPad or is it just going to be on iPhone/iPod?

8. It will run on Iphone 4 and up, and Ipad 2 and higher for sure. We are currently optimizing for Ipad 1 and hope to launch on it as well.

9. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I am soooooo excited :D

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Duzzat mean it's universal? Im really likin the looks of this.

11. Yeah, the Ipad version is Universal. We're either to cool or too stupid to force two sales onto people. It always annoys me as a customer to buy a product twice.

12. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    That's good to hear

13. Ok, so it's coming out on the 28th. It's gonna have two levels available for free and is universal.

At this point I really can't wait for everyone to see what we put into this game. If you have any other questions feel free to hit me up.

14. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    At last, it will be my Easter present to me

15. Nathan-Drake

Nathan-Drake Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Spain
    A day-one-buy for me!!! The use of Fake-3D control system and the detailed graphics look stunning :) I don't like the character design but the gameplay is very attractive.

16. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    I grabbed this as soon as it went live; I love HOG games but usually they're just all too tiny for my eyes. The use of 3D/visuals/zooming in the game really appeals. Eager to give it a try, will post first impressions when I do. :)