The Secret of Grisly Manor - Help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pablo6630, Oct 11, 2010.

1. zTerminator

zTerminator New Member

Feb 6, 2012
    I tried going in the study room and I'm still currently stuck. I REALLY NEED HELP I SAW THE "Love is the key to the world" but I still need help Plz :)

2. Bassic_melodies

Bassic_melodies New Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Stuck! Please please please help!

This is embarassing, but I'm stuck towards the beginning of the game... I have the goldfish bowl with the goldfish in it, tuning fork, and matches in the satchel. I don't even have the 6-digit code. I lit the fire, opened the attic chest, and looked at (I thought) everything there is to see, but I can't figure out what comes next! Is it the freezer? The tree stump? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3. zTerminator

zTerminator New Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Grisly Manor failure!!

I went into the study room and found nothing. Also the poster gave me no ideas
    I have one more door downstairs and still need to discover the globe I have a fish bowl, ticket, and matches Plz help me

4. zTerminator

zTerminator New Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Use the tuner on somewhere outside :)

5. Josefin94

Josefin94 Member

Feb 6, 2012
    May contain spoilers, so if you don't wanna get spoiled DON'T READ!

First of all i want to say Thank You for this thread, it helped me alot and I think it is great that you don't spoil anything and just giving clues so you can figure things out on your own. But i have to admit, it was a bit frustrating at first when I couldn't solve anything with the help of the clues. But the my brain started to work after I've read like 14 pages, haha :p

So I wanna help you who still don't get anything even though you've read through several pages. But I will only help you with one thing that doesn't is so easy to figure out! When you have opened the tree stump you will see some kind of signs, when you figured out wich signs to click on there will appear two strings of light over two different signs, remember that there are 12 signs, as in the clock, so those signs that the string of light is over is the time you shall put on the clock!

Then finally I am stucked on what I think is the last thing to solve before findig grandpa, I've found the key to the door in the foyane, so I opened the door and ended up in something that seems like a basement, in the basement the are three wheels, I've already figured out that every arrow on the wheels shall point at the arrows beside every wheel, but everytime I lock one wheel to an arrow and starting to rotate another wheel to the right place the first wheel I've lockee gets "unlocked", so please help me! How shall I rotate these wheels to get everyone in the right possions?

And to finish this long post I just wanna say I'm from Sweden so SORRY for my bad English, hope you guya can read and understan anyway :)

Peace&Love from Josefin!

6. yancy

yancy Member

Feb 3, 2012
    #546 yancy, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
    Cube/ globe/ clock/ study room

the CUBE is for you to BURN :D

the GLOBE is for you to understand the meaning of the quote "LOVE is the key to the world" then use the color of the alphabet in the fridge when you figure what the quote r for, REMEMBER that the globe combination only has 4 color combination :D

the CLOCK is for you to know what inside the tree roots with the well showing the light, u might know the time u can use to open the clock.. just follow the light, the round shape of the well and the symbols :D

the STUDY room is where the picture of the DOG where there r 2 doors connected to it.. close the other door using the fuse and enter the study room using the open door to the left then u might see the poster that says "LOVE is the key to the world" :D

7. Peanutbutternutella

Peanutbutternutella New Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Help !

I have a fish bowl, matches, and the combination. I'm stuck at the globe and falcon. The fuse is no where to be found. D: I'm frustrated trying the crack the color code on the globe as I read the previous comment that to unlock your next step is to complete the globe thn to the falcon to receive the fuse. I don't get the 'scales' and study part, where is it ? :(

8. Josefin94

Josefin94 Member

Feb 6, 2012
    I figured it out! Didn't think I was so clever, haha! Well to be honest i feel really dumb to even ask for help with that "mission", it was really simple, you just have to think which I apperntly did not do! :p

Well, once again thanks all of you guys who write clues in this thread! Without you I would never have finished this game!

Over and out/ Josefin

9. yancy

yancy Member

Feb 3, 2012
    #549 yancy, Feb 6, 2012
    the combination for the FALCON is inside the ROOM upstairs, u might see the drawing of a CAR and see what the wheels of the car showing :D but there should be 4 falcon standing of course :)

10. Mayur

Mayur New Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Globe puzzle

Please help me with the globe puzzle I got the poster saying love is the key to the world but I still can't figure it out ???

11. Josefin94

Josefin94 Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Go to the attic and open the "box" there (I have forgotten what the "box" is called i English), once you've opened it and grab what is lyong there you go down in foyane, click on the rug and use the tool you've found in the box there. When you got that thing up you go out to the little house and use what you found under the rug on the "Earthing" on the little house. Inside that little house you will find the third falcon, the rest you can figure out for yourself:)

12. Josefin94

Josefin94 Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Check on the fridge which colors each letter in the word love have there, those colors are the code to te globe, but the code won't work before you have done some other quests! Clue: figure out how to open the little house outside, and take whatever's in there and solve the quest with that thig you find in the little house!

Sorry for bad English, I'm from Sweden :)

13. yancy

yancy Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Globe/ cube/ study room/ clock

the CUBE is for you to BURN :D

the GLOBE is for you to understand the meaning of the quote "LOVE is the key to the world" then use the color of the alphabet in the fridge when you figure what the quote r for, REMEMBER that the globe combination only has 4 color combination :D

the CLOCK is for you to know what inside the tree roots with the well showing the light, u might know the time u can use to open the clock.. just follow the light, the round shape of the well and the symbols :D

the STUDY room is where the picture of the DOG where there r 2 doors connected to it.. close the other door using the fuse and enter the study room using the open door to the left then u might see the poster that says "LOVE is the key to the world" :D

14. Josefin94

Josefin94 Member

Feb 6, 2012
    #554 Josefin94, Feb 6, 2012
    The falcons you must move in right posistion, but you must find the third falcon first because it wont work without it. The globe you can solve after solving the Falcons, the study room is to the right side of the bathroom, to get in there you must find the rubin heart that's missing in one of the statutes beside the door, or you must find a tool to use on the big round thing on the wall over the bathtub, and check the wheels on the car painting in Grandpas bedroom to know how to move the falcons in right positions.

Hope this will help you, good luck!

15. Josefin94

Josefin94 Member

Feb 6, 2012
    The Message isn't important, but the two blue lights are! When you have solved the symbols combiniation there will be two strings of light, each string on an specific symbol, now put on mind that there are as many symbols as there are on the clock, 12 different symbols. Each symbol represent a number on the clock, you can see which it represent by it's location on the circle. So the symbols that the lights are over is the number you shall put on the clock, look at the locations of the symbols that the lights are over and you will know how to solve the clock :)

16. Josefin94

Josefin94 Member

Feb 6, 2012
    #556 Josefin94, Feb 6, 2012
    In the foyane on the wall over the stairs there is a paintig, click on that one you will find a piece of paper, there you have 3 numbers of the digit code. The fish bowl you will have to use later in the game so don't care about that one now. What you must do is to go out to the small house, click on the ear thing on the little house and use the fork on it. The rest you can figure out by yourself, but if you get stuck again, just post here and i will help you :)

17. Josefin94

Josefin94 Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Go to the girl bedroom, and look under the bed. When you see whats lying there you will know what to do with it, if not check out the room there the globe is, then you will deffinitly know what to do with the thing you found under the girl bed. In the study room, on the poster the key word to the globe is love, but to understand how you can solve the globe with the word love you must look on the colored letters on the fridge, then you shall understand what key is! But you must solve the falcons before you solve the globe, because the key wont work on the globe before you have solved the falcons. In order to solve the falcons you must figure out how to open the door to the little house outside, and after that go to Grandpas bedroom and look at the car painting, and study the wheels on the car to know how to move te falcons:)

18. Peanutbutternutella

Peanutbutternutella New Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Thank you !

Thank you so much for this amazing game. I did got lost at the falcon part, I knew it was something to do with the wheels. Thank you, @yancy ! It was very direct, it didn't spoil the fun neither ! :)

So when is the second episode out ?! I sooooo up for it already ! Please do another ? :D a really long one this time ! XDD it's just so awesome !:D

19. Josefin94

Josefin94 Member

Feb 6, 2012
    To remove the fish out of the bowl you must first find a plug to the bathtub, the fill the bathtub with water and then release the fish in the tub!

20. Jeppe

Jeppe New Member

Feb 6, 2012
    The end?

Is it the end when you finding grandpa?