Universal The Shadow Sun - (by Ossian Studios Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by biokid, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Sevren

Sevren Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Attorney
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I've thoroughly enjoyed TSS! I know it's probably a little too soon, but are there any updates or expansions planned over the next few weeks/months? Would love to spend even a few more hours with TSS, if not more!

2. Alan Miranda

Alan Miranda Well-Known Member

@senkoujin – Congratulations on finishing The Shadow Sun and thanks for your great review! I wish we could give you an expansion right away. ;)

@Sevren – Aside from an update to fix a few things, we would love to give players new expansions for TSS. It all depends on how well the game sells.

3. Locanis

Locanis Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    U.S.A.
    If throwing in my support helps, I just bought the game and all the DLC :)

4. Alan Miranda

Thanks for your support, Locanis!

5. yourtax

yourtax Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wow is this game bad. Been on the fence for a while with this game because of the price but since I'm a sucker for rpg's I though I'd give it a shot and boy do i regret my decision. Virtual analog is way too small. Swiping the screen to pan the camera is so unresponsive I can literally swipe from the left side of the screen all the way to to the right with nothing happening. No mini map, no objective markers, dated graphics, I can go on and on and on. This game has been out for almost 2 months without a single update to address any of these issues which is really sad.

6. Alan Miranda

@yourtax - An update was submitted to Apple a few days ago for review, so should go live this week. As with any update, the game has to be re-tested by our testers from top to bottom for possible new bugs, and we worked with fans on a rare startup crash bug (which we couldn’t replicate). This took time. We’ve also increased the virtual thumbstick size in this update. The game released just over 5 weeks ago, by the way.

Camera improvements are being worked on for the next update. The issue of unresponsiveness comes from swiping too slowly across the screen to hook the camera (swiping faster will hook and rotate the camera fine). This is something that will be fixed for the next update, along with a couple of other things we’d like to adjust with the camera, based on player feedback.

As with all players of our games, we appreciate hearing your feedback.

7. yourtax

yourtax Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Gotta admit, didn't excpect such a quick response, really appreciate that. Almost feel bad for being so tough on your game but the reason for my comments were, behind all the issues i had, i can see there's one heck of a game here. Anyways an update coming means i'll stick with this game and hope my issues are addressed. Once again thnx for such a quick response, much appreciated, cheers!

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Think this dev has been very responsive from day 1. It must be difficult to please everyone, you mentioned the 'outdated graphics', i dont mind that at all as to me graphics dont make a game. Would much rather an RPG be 600 meg than 1.2 gig just because the graphics are crisper/better.

I must admit i need to play this game more, started it off and really liked it, i love Aralon/Ravensword type of games so this is my current RPG i'm playing.

9. Cool, looking forward to the update! Haven't played in a bit but will when it comes out. Let us know.

10. Sevren

Sevren Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Attorney
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Great news on the update! Can't wait to dive back into this game!

11. Alan Miranda

Apple has just approved our update, so The Shadow Sun v1.01 is now live! Here are the release notes for what’s fixed:

- Fixed save game crash when all item slots filled and using magi stone.
    - Fixed rare crash after Unity logo and during character creation.
    - Increased virtual thumbstick size.
    - Minor area fixes and game tweaks.

* We are looking to improve the camera in the next update.

We appreciate your feedback and thanks for playing The Shadow Sun!

12. Sevren

Sevren Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Attorney
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Downloading the update now - thanks for continuing to make a great game even better!

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Well I started off strong with this game but man I lost interest super fast for some reason.

14. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Excellent news, been waiting to play it again.

15. Alan Miranda

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that Grab It Magazine has reviewed The Shadow Sun in its first issue and given it a 90% score! Reviewer Garry Balogh had awesome things to say about the game (after playing it twice!) and summed it up with the following:

Ossian Studios has created a world that feels like it has always been there, with its lore and world constructed with love. Add exciting combat and hours of quests, and The Shadow Sun is a genuine iOS RPG classic that could make a console jealous.

:)

16. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Congrats on that then. I havent played but I might end up giving it a shot eventually :)

17. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    any chance for the next update? I already bought the game but still waiting for proper update before i start playing it. can't wait to see what to come next.

18. Alan Miranda

We’re close to finishing our next update (v1.02), which will release later this month. It has a couple more fixes, including an improved camera, as well as a surprise for you. :)

19. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    please don't tell me its the real time shadow effect :eek:

20. WillCN

WillCN Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Is it a new storyline?