Universal The Silent Age (by House on Fire)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 22, 2013.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

This game needs way more exposure than it is getting right now. It's an amazing experience and really something you can't miss for free. I want episode two so bad!
    Keep up the good work guys!

2. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #42 Johnny101, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    This game is great. Someone said it reminded them of Another World, in which I agree. Definately deserves more exposure and an awesome bonus that this game is free. I would have bought this app and I'm going to go out on a limb and probably be in the minority by saying, it's better than Year Walk ! o_O :D

Great game devs !!!

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Really like the game. Just donated $6, might need to tweak that paypal page though as Paypal showed up as danish, couldnt understand it ! Managed to send a donation your way.

I hope you get some money from this, i think in the days of people expecting every app for free you might have limited donations (hope this isnt the case) but looking forward to your next game. Congrats on this one

4. Reluctant Sloth

Jan 30, 2013
    Loved episode 1. Super atmospheric and engrossing. You guys need to put out episode 2 with a nice price tag, you deserve it.

5. amirmr

amirmr New Member

Oct 10, 2012
    Cool visual style and classic adventure. Interesting!

6. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Why in the world didn't the developer want to paid for this, clearly a lot if work and actually very good. In justifiably put off by "free" games these days, but this one is no strings attached legit free.

7. chris1215

chris1215 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Absolutely! More adventure games should follow this design! My only complaint is that it's over. I'm ready for more

8. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Hey guys, here is a response the developer sent to me over Facebook:

Hi Andy. Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, it is really early to answer any of the questions. We actually plan to give the second episode away for free too, though, as long as we get enough donations to actually afford finishing it. #

The positive response from people has really been overwhelming. We really are just hoping it will reach as many people as possible.

Best
    Uni

There you go. If you enjoyed The Silent Age and are looking forward to more, you know what to do. I'm sure the devs would appreciate every donation, no matter how small.

I haven't played the game yet, (need to finish Hector Episode 3 first) but I am looking forward to it due to the response from everyone here!

9. Chester_Copperpot

Nov 21, 2012
    That's pretty amazing. I'll definitely spread this around to friends and family.

10. rauschfukt

rauschfukt New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Hey guys, I'm on chaper 4 trying to turn on the light switch nothing is happening. Am I doing somthing wrong? Is this a bug? If any one can help me out that would be awesome

11. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    #51 m44, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/The+Silent+Age/feature.asp?c=48799

Try this walkthrough.

----------------------------------------
    Did anybody find anything cool by swiping? I'm curious if there are any small hidden things I missed?

12. monoclespectacle

monoclespectacle Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    This is admirable and sad at the same time. Not sure if you guys are just trying to circumvent giving the AppStore 30% cut or are just mad generous.

But some of us don't have access to PayPal and would be more than happy to spend some iBucks on this finely crafted game.

Maybe add an option to donate through IAP?

13. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I'm going to donate $10. I had a blast with this, and it was one of my better experiences on the ios platform. I totally agree that this game needs a lot more exposure. The dev deserves it and people deserve to know about it. I've put a few of my friends on to it and they all loved it. I can't wait for the next version and I hope the dev doesnot sell himself short and charges for it. I can understand the first one being free but to make the second free is just robbing yourself. Don't get me wrong it would be great to get another free game, but I think even a .99 price tag is needed.

14. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Agree with the last post! This game is the best free app I have ever played. Supurb job devs! Will gladly drop money for the sequel. Of course it should have more content than this free episode : )

15. laniparis

laniparis New Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Amazing free app. Hopefully they bring out a sequel that's longer. That was its only fault.

16. GirlTag

GirlTag New Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Peace love and harmony

First to the devs - nice job. This is a great game, intense and beautiful.

I think you did the right thing making this free. Apple cut or not, I think it brings karma to the deal. No cure - no pay. I will gladly donate money for the development of this first episode and still pay for the coming episodes. You can tell by playing this game that you put a lot of energy into this one, and my hopes for the next is even greater.

Peace Out (V)

17. House on Fire team

Aug 10, 2012
    Indie games company
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Hi everyone. We're super glad you guys like the game. Here's a reply to some of your posts.

We've worked on this game for a long time, trying to make it as good as possible. What is most important for us is to touch as many people as possible and give them an awesome experience. Putting a pricetag on the game we felt would limit the reach, especially since we cannot really compete with big marketing budgets. It is amazing to get the response from people playing the game, knowing someone appreciated our hard work :)

Thanks for the tip psj3809. I'll have a look and see if I can force PayPal to English. My PayPal keeps switching to danish too, but I thought it was because I'm IN Denmark. I hope it's not putting off too many people.

Again, thank you all for the great feedback so far. This is a very exciting time for us.

Cheers
    Uni :)

18. Drewskii

Drewskii Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    Great point and click. I'm stuck though on Ch 3 with
    The nightstick
    Broken handle
    Carpet

Any ideas?

Thank you.

19. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I think it was the butler... in the conservatory... with the candlestick.

Sorry! I couldn't resist!:D

BTW, the game is GREAT.

DBC

20. Drewskii

Drewskii Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    That's ok that was awesome. Great production values. I love this point n click