Universal The Silent Age (by House on Fire)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Vigram

Vigram Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Sri Lanka
    I seriously hate the devs. Why did they make such a awesome game and just give it for free??? It's just so crazy compared to the usual practices in The App Store. I finished the game in one sitting and left a review on the store in a instant. Hoping for episode 2 to release soon.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^ If its so awesome send them a donation then.

To the devs - Any chance of a twitter feed to follow ? I dont do facebook and would like to hear about your game/updates/sequel via twitter, any chance of that ?

3. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Here is their Twitter account.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Oops ! Thanks, did have a look for it but couldnt seem to find it.

Now following

5. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    No worries. I couldn't find it by searching on Twitter, but I checked on their website and it was on there.

6. House on Fire team

Aug 10, 2012
    Indie games company
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Hi monoclespectacle.

I'm glad you like the game. You can follow us on facebook, and I'll let you know when I get an in-app donation working.

Mad, generous... we just love what we do and want to share it. I still love playing through the game and reading the narrative and character dialog, even though I must have played this a million times by now.

I see you already found it. Great. Yeah, that's my twitter account. We don't really have a "corporate" one. But I will be sharing everything which we post on facebook on twitter also.

Cheers
    Uni

7. Koalachlamydia77

Koalachlamydia77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    How do you get the turpentine in chapter 4?

8. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    If there was an IAP added for $0.99 $1.99 $4.99 and clearly said 'Not required. Please donate any amount you see fit!' that would probably encourage more people to donate. I could be wrong, but not everyone likes or trusts paypal (though paying a fee to apple kinda sucks for a donation I guess)

9. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    I live in lebanon and sadly I can't use Paypal. IAP would be a blessing for me to encourage the devs and help them finish off the game quicker.

10. d_white2

d_white2 New Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Really great game, love the retro look and feel to everything. Simple yet it sucks you in! I'm stuck though, I'm outside the police station with a nightstick and carpet and can't progress. I've tried every guide but none of the links work and the ones that do don't actually contain a guide!

11. Emil1004

Emil1004 New Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Want the second episode#

12. kbot1701

kbot1701 Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Eerie Silence...

Episode 1 was definitely enough to hook me. Episode 2 is being advertised on the website as "in development" for $25,000? Even with donations that seems like a whole lot!

13. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Making a game isnt cheap :/

14. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Just started, but looks good.

One quibble: can we please, please get screen auto-rotation? If not on this one, then on future iterations? The lack is a real annoyance for iPad users with Smart Covers.

Please do consider adding in some trivial IAP to make it easier for people to donate.

15. ditroia

ditroia Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Have you gone up the fire escape yet?

Great Game was happy to Donate. Here's hoping for a Part two sometime soon.

16. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I ised to code games for free! Yup, typed the BASIC into my C-64 straight from Chips and Bits (IIRC) magazine.

Are you saying it doesn't work that way anymore?

I'm also an experienced TURTLE programmer, BTW ;)

17. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I know a bunch of outdated programs too :p VB6, some assembly language program I cant remember, java, javascript,c++, python

Ive forgotten most or all of it by now, but I knew damnit!

And Im sure you get my point :p

I could type my code for free too, but I couldnt have done something 1/100 as good as this game.

I did have some pretty rockin hello world apps though.

18. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Very surprised by the game,it's really well crafted and has a good and intriguing story,keep up the good work!

19. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    This game was one of the best I have played. Seriously. If someone came up with a game like this that took longer, like 7-10 hours of gameplay, I would definitely pay $10 or so for it. Easily worth 99 cents this game is.