Universal The Silent Age (by House on Fire)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 22, 2013.

1. monoclespectacle

monoclespectacle Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Done and done!

And I agree, having run through three times so far. I must admit I am a sucker for time travel/paradoxical stories. Having this and Year Walk damn near killed me from joy.

Tis a good thing.

2. SmackDatButt

SmackDatButt Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Love This Game!

3. House on Fire team

Aug 10, 2012
    Indie games company
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Hi guys.

Sorry for the absence. We've had quite a battle keeping our web-server running over the weekend. I guess we weren't quite prepared for the massive response that we are getting. Our website has been relegated to a few static html pages for now :)

Hopefully we'll get the blog up and running again soon. But there were more important things on the agenda. A progress bar! Now you can follow our progress on our website http://thesilentage.com

Hi Misguided. YES, We've just submitted an update with screen rotations. It was accidentally left out in the first and second version. Expect it in a few days (v1.2).

We also want to add IAP as soon as possible, although that is probably a few weeks out though.

The update should also help with memory issues on some older devices. If you experience a crash, try turning off some of the other apps. Any crash is almost certainly lack of memory, but do let us know if you are having issues, a message on facebook or an email, with device and OS version.

Again, thank you all for the great feedback.

Cheers
    Uni

4. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Woah, hold on there, back up.
    IAP?
    For what?

5. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Just for donations (couple of international people wanted the option).

6. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Just be clear that it is donation only, and that it doesn't get you anything or unlock anything in the game, and you really shouldn't see any backlash.

7. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    *EDIT*
    Just a thought, you should maybe include a bonus on your webpage if you havent already. Like 'Donate $25 dollars and your name will be added to the credits in special thanks', 'donate $100 and we will name an in game character after you'.. that type stuff. Just a thought :)

8. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Great to hear. Fun game, we just would like more of it! Bopping back and forth through time to solve puzzles was rather enjoyable. I would definitely be happy to chip in toward the development of more.

I hope you will consider having future chapters be downloadable via IAP so we don't wind up with multiple apps.

9. SmackDatButt

Jul 31, 2012
    Interesting thought, that's an great suggestive incentive to donating, seeing your name on a plaque in the end credits would really make you feel awesome, knowing you contributed to funding an amazing series for all to see :)

Brad and Eli need to do a TA Plays on this game.

10. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Yes sir. This game simply cannot get enough free press. I think it deserves the spotlight for awhile.

11. klausmmia

klausmmia New Member

Mar 6, 2013
    self-employed
    New York
    The plot of game sounds pretty interesting!!! I am thinking to try it out and since it's free there should be no harm in trying it!

12. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Awesome game. I love how each chapter isn't too big and not too many items. Helps to keep backtracking to a minimum...and when I get stuck, limits the number of items to randomly try for the puzzles. This is one of few adventure games I enjoyed.

13. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Can I suggest you reduce the amount of backtracking in the next game, it's a bit tiresome. Otherwise, it's brilliant.

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Love the game and donated today. Please get on there and donate too - would hate this to be the end of the game!

Remember that if you donate via Paypal rather than waiting for them to add an IAP donate option, they'll not have to give 40% to Apple, so they'll hit that target much sooner.

15. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Paypal takes fees too does it not? And why on earth would apple get 40%? Is the dev being punished and forced to pay more than the normal 30%?

16. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Oops - thought it was 40%. And yes, Paypal take fees, but they're much lower.

17. SmackDatButt

Jul 31, 2012
    This game leaves me with cliffhangers and drooling for more.

Finished chapter 1 a few days ago, coming back to this forum everytime I think about this game.

18. House on Fire team

Aug 10, 2012
    Indie games company
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Hi Guys

We've passed the 20% mark and still progressing at a steady pace, and reviews are starting to come out.

bluewomble88, the IAP is so that people can donate. Not everyone likes nor can use PayPal, and we want to give people any option they need to participate.

It's a cool idea. We have talked about it. Only problem is that after implementing IAP, we don't get any information about who donated... Oh wait, I can just ask them to fill out a form, when they donate, problem solved :)

Thanks tops2. This was a very specific design goal. And also why I love the game so much myself. It gives a nice flow in the game, you are progressing all the time, and (usually) not stuck on the same thing for hours on end.

/Uni

19. SmackDatButt

Jul 31, 2012
    What bugs were fixed in the recent update?

Game is so polished, I never noticed any bugginess

20. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    gotta say what a amazing little game cant belive i didnt find it sooner, some info from the devs in their blog