Universal The Simpsons™: Tapped Out (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Feb 21, 2012.

1. ravsx

ravsx New Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Looks like the game is coming back. Got a notification game server was going down for 48 hours with 60 free donuts when back. Woo hoo!

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Yeah it wore out pretty quick for me. I tried to fire it up a couple months ago and found that Origin had logged me out yet again, so I closed it, deleted it, and haven't thought of it since.

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Woohoo! Just got rereleased on the app store!

4. topclasschef

topclasschef New Member

Aug 23, 2012
    When is this game out in the UK, I want it, I want it, I want it! It looks awesome

5. NeonVoidJP

NeonVoidJP Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    It seems that every game I anticipate comes out on every other app store but not ours in the uk!! Lol

6. NeonVoidJP

NeonVoidJP Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    It's been back in the uk for a couple days now :)

7. Mithel

Mithel Active Member

May 9, 2012
    Looking for friendly neighbors: grey_stag807

8. Bob258

Bob258 New Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Um I got it from the 7 days a week thing but you can get the gazebo in the decorations section or something like that

9. matrixagent

matrixagent New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    #229 matrixagent, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    The game was updated via the in-game mechanism and now goes to level 21. There you can build the Muntz' house and get Nelson with it. Also another bully (Kearny) was added for 60 donuts, like Hans Moleman and Squeeky Voice Teenager. The Springfield Library can now be built in level 12 and gives you Martin, who now is needed in addition to Milhouse for the kids set. A few additional new items are available as well, other than that I noticed nothing new. Oh, and I think building prices have gone down, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

(Edit: Level 21 is called "This just in: we added new content so you don't have to get a life." featuring Kent Brockman.)

10. Sleepow

Sleepow Member

Aug 27, 2012
    If someone is looking for a neighbor: Sleepows

11. matrixagent

matrixagent New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    There is a seperate thread for that: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=123434

You will find plenty of neighbors there. :)

12. fybaton

fybaton Member

May 16, 2012
    Not sure if anyone is still playing this "game" but I'm experiencing EXTRA SLOW load times on iOS 6.

13. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Can you actually earn donuts in this game besides leveling. I wouldnt mind paying some real money because game looks fun but i need like 10 bucks per building :O

14. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    I wouldn't waste your money. The game doesn't actually seem to have anything worth spending money on decoration or bulding wise in my opinion.

15. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Yep, same here, the exchange rate of donuts is horrific!
    Each building is worth at least 100, which is 10 bucks!?
    It's really predatory for kids money...
    I saw some complete towns out there, I hope their iDevices are JB lol

There's no gameplay or anything really fun to do like in all these games, but you got pretty neat Simpsons HD graphics and sounds (not that much), so if you dig The Simpsons, it's worth a try
    The loading time is horrendous as well, almost 40 seconds on a new iPad (connecting to EA servers seems to be a b.tch)

16. GROG

GROG Member

Aug 15, 2012
    The Simpsons may think it's smart by poking fun at Smurfs but in many ways it's no different from the dreaded Smurfs succubus. If you think about it, these 2 games are all about you opening your wallet and forking out more cash to purchase virtual (cutesy) crap under the pretense of "entertainment" or "fun"... for you to show off to your virtual friends. Other than that, you are realizing your interior decorator dreams.... at roughly $15 per house.

That's why the PC/Console gamers are glad the bane of these games is kept at iOS. :D

17. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #237 vicsark, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    WTF I just saw the game took almost a gig (850meg) in memory on my iPad 3!
    It was 50mb on the first download...
    It's bigger than GTA III lol

18. asCaio

asCaio Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    On my iphone is 306 gig xD
    I think its the HD graphics.

19. Bouncy1973

Bouncy1973 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Yeah, same on mine. I thought deleting and re installing would help. So I did... so about 55mb, then it said it was downloading updates of aprox 80mb... next thing, it's up to 848mb!

Something not quite right there. 50 plus 80 does not equal 848!!!

Another nail the the coffin that is EA

20. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Thanks EA for messing up my damn account can't log in it doesn't recognize my email address I believe I'm done with EA.