Universal The Simpsons™: Tapped Out (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Feb 21, 2012.

1. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Got the same problem but with apu instead!
    We will have to wait till EA fix all the problems i guess.

2. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    The same here, but with breaking into the brown house.

3. Freeman,Gordon

Freeman,Gordon Active Member

Nov 30, 2011
    #143 Freeman,Gordon, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
    That is really odd, I don't have any of those problems. I was going to recommend starting over but I just noticed the game is gone from iTunes at least here (USA). Maybe they are making an update?
    It is a really a slow pace game but I find that I am really enjoying it.
    @Andyuk505: as someone commented earlier on this thread, did you tried to poke Homer 10 times while he is playing the iPad? It will give you something I just don't remember what was it.

4. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Went to bed and the game and it's progress was restored. Played for another hour or so and my next login boom. Back to level 4 and stuck with some task book that I can't access.

Are there any way to make Origin network remember me so I don't have to key in my credential manually every time the game got minimized? Not logging in will result in restarting the game from scratch. Seem pretty stupid that a giant like EA will overlook this. :mad:

5. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    is it The Sim
    pson
    s?

6. I want to play this game so badly!

But after reading all your comments, I think it will be released again in a long time :(

7. Andyuk505

Andyuk505 New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Yea I did the Homer trick yesterday and recieved the statue and some doughnuts, which was great but helped me in no way to fixing my problems :( Seeing that other people are also facing these problems, I'm guessing there's not much else i can do! I'm still earning money and other tasks seem to be going fine but i won't progress in the game any further until EA hopefully send out an update, i did consider reinstalling the game before they took it down from the site too, I'm literally stuck with the simpsons home, flanders house, brown house and kwik e mart untill my game is fixed! Thanks for the help

8. dexx0008

dexx0008 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    i am stuck in my game as well. it keeps telling me i have to visit the other springfield. I had already done that task and passed it. a glitch caused that task to show up and when i login i can do nothing because everything I try and do says you should probably visit the other springfield or somthing. I actually signed up for a different account to play on another iphone we have at the house. was wonky on that one too.

i have given up, maybe if it comes back and there are no reported problems i will play. it's a shame as writing seemed decent.

9. Andyuk505

Andyuk505 New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Yea I see a few people now have these problems, it completely halts the progress in the game which is very frustrating, i will continue to earn money and send the few people i have on long tasks as i have not much else to do untill its fixed, and just hope that an update will fix these problems and allow me to continue with my game as normal.

10. TheUndertow

TheUndertow Member

Sep 16, 2011
    I've been able to get in but haven't started again hoping my old data would come back...my guess is though they did a flush.

I just don't want to invest the time and lose my data again.

11. Bouncy1973

Bouncy1973 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2012
    The last time I managed to log in was this morning. After that, every time I 'tap to continue', the game shuts down.

I have tried everything (removing, restarting, logging out...) to no avail. Then I tried on another account that I created, and I can login to that one ok.

Andybody else having this issue?

12. senorian

senorian Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I just deleted the game from my phone and from iTunes when I found out it was pulled from the store. since the game isn't working properly anyways I decided not to keep playing the game with all of these bugs and then have my game reset or lose my progress. I wasn't that far into the game to begin with.
    Hopefully EA can fix their F'up and we can play this game the way it was meant to be played.

13. 662drsdn

662drsdn New Member

Mar 7, 2012
    mine glitched earlier today on the task to have apu pray to ganesh?
    i have had him do this many times and it never gives me credit for completing it and still shows up in my taskbook.

this better not effect my progress in the game, im at level 12 and if i have to start over the game will just be deleted, what a f@^#$%* mess way to go EA
    asside from all the problems its a really good game so i hope the get it all sorted out.

14. Was really looking forward to playing this - it doesn't seem to be up on the US store anymore?

15. ditroia

ditroia Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Adelaide, South Australia
    I'm having the same issue with growing perfection, however everything else is working and I just got a new task. [level 9].

16. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    The problem is the tutorial. Im level 11 and suddenly Cletus's farm was gone at the building section it said quest at the farm. Apu had a mark above his had and said I had to build a parking lot like in the toturial. Very annoying!

17. Andyuk505

Andyuk505 New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Fixed maybe?

Hi all,

After complaining about several task problems that i've been having, today i logged on to get an overwhelming amount of tasks from Apu, starting with the parking lot task and leading towards him feeding his kids which he is doing now.

So it appears to me that these tasks should have been triggered a lot earlier in the game, but the promising thing is that just by keeping with the game long enough it may sort it's tasks glitch out after all, the problem i had with Homer not being able to lounge in the pool, even after installing the pool has also become available after following Apu's tasks, finally!

So anyway if anyone is worried about tasks that will not trigger properly or complete, just stick with it, (if you can bare to) and it may trigger them spontaneously :) Hope this helps

18. TheUndertow

TheUndertow Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Curious how long it stays working...I'm still hit or miss with logging into my "real" Springfield.

19. Sakic10

Sakic10 Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Does anyone know how to get a lemon tree?

20. iZombie

iZombie Active Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Mystery Box or steal it from your friends.

STEAL!