The Steam Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by crex, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    I don't usually play sim-style games, but the premise of building a prison was irresistible. Haven't got far yet, but like the initial planning stage. Been watching this guy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLHpJaeSHqU

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Play Gnomoria, perchance?

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Greenmangaming has a Square Enix sale going this weekend, Tomb Radier $12.50 w/$2.50 credit, Hitman Absolution for $6.50, Deus Ex Human Revolution for $4.99 and so on, fair few older games going for under $2 too.

Not sure if still valid but this may still work, it was as of 2 days ago at least:

The Bureau XCOM Declassified is $45 on Greenmangaming for a Steam key, if you enter voucher GMG25-VJWFX-5O2IL it brings it down to $33, there are 3 pre purchase tiers and no doubt all will unlock - tier 1 is free mission DLC, tier 2 is a free game (Spec Ops: The Line), tier 3 is the XCOM collection (includes the newer one).

4. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    My last couple of computers have been Macs, so can't play lots of Steam (PC) games, like Gnomoria.

5. BulldogBaby86

BulldogBaby86 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Student
    California
    Borderlands 2 is on Mac. I highly recommend it!

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Gnomoria is great - it's a much more accessible version of Dwarf Fortress. :)

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah I had a go at DF either last year or the year before... love the concept but damn, it's like studying for a doctorate.

8. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Really tempted to pick up Kerbal Space Program. I tried it briefly a while ago, but didn't really pay much attention until now. I've just played through the demo again and watched a bunch of videos on YouTube and I'm kicking myself for not digging deeper the first time. Watching somebody launch individual pieces of a space station and dock them together (some even creating artificial gravity using centripetal force) is mind-blowing. The sense of scale is massive, and only dwarfed by the sense of achievement when you spend time planning a mission and eventually see it through to success.

9. Nidol

Nidol Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    Been hustling through borderlands 2 on my retina mb pro it runs amazingly and has full 360 controller support so I can't say I don't love it great game of course I feel steam is a lot more accessible nonetheless because you can trade games and it's fairly easy to get things for so cheap like I got xcom for approximately ten bucks when full price is 40 stuff like that always feels good anyway added my two cents hope everyone enjoys their gong with steam.

10. Nidol

Nidol Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    P.S. Using iOS 7 they should really update that, haven't posted in forever

11. The Humble Deep Silver Bundle is up. Pay $1 or more for all of these games:

Saints Row 2
    Saints Row The Third
    Risen 2: Dark Waters
    Sacred 2 Gold
    Dead Island GotY Edition (beat the average)
    SR3 Full (DLC) Package (beat the average)
    Dead Island Riptide. ($25 minimum, not worth it IMO)

More bonuses will most likely be added next week.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

12. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #852 Echoseven, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    Why do you say Riptide (+ 5 other games) isn't worth $25?

I put up enough to get everything, usually pay more than that anyway. Not planning on downloading or playing most of those though. >_>

13. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    The bonuses will most likely be Risen 1, Sacred Citadel and Metro 2033.

14. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Those would actually be really disappointing bonuses for me. :(

15. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    PC needs a non anime equivalent of Valkyria Chronicles.

16. I'm sure it is, but Dead Island Riptide by itself can be found at a cheaper price at other sites if you don't want the other games.

17. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Too bad, since it's quite likely - some guy found an entry in the database that hints to this.

I'm still considering that bundle, by the way. It's obviously cheap, but I don't think I'd enjoy most of those games. Saints Row 2 and 3 look downright horrible. :c

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Couldn't pay me to play dead island. First game was a total borefest, I hear the second didn't even attempt to improve.

19. I personally enjoyed Saints Row 2 and 3 much more than GTAIV. But then again, I never liked the GTA series much.

20. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    SR2 and 3 were awesome, much better than GTA IV. They don't beat SA though.

Screw it, old-school internet diagram: GTA V > SA > SR2 > SR3 > GTA IV

GTA V is obviously a prediction. Anyway, I picked up the 4 main games even though I don't plan on playing any of them soon. I pick up every bundle regardless, just to build up my future options when looking for something to play. Sacred 2 might be fun in co-op, I started it on PS3 once but the framerate was somewhat annoying.