Universal The Talos Principle (by Devolver Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 11, 2017.

1. candyjet

candyjet Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    iPad Air 2, IOS 10.3.3

The change in view is instantaneous and large, it's not as if I tapped a bit hamfistedly.

2. adjusting

adjusting Member

Jan 27, 2010
    MFi problems?

Anyone else have problems using an MFi controller?
    In the settings app it says my Stratus XL is connected, but I can't seem to get it to work in Talos.
    Any suggestions?

3. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010

I fear it's not "idiot-proofed:

Hello devs!

The game crashes right in the loading splash screen (robot with cat) after a few seconds.
    Then I'm back @ the iOS home screen.
    Deactivating Bluetooth or Wifi doesn't help, neither restarting the device. Unplayable at the moment for me.
    Any ideas?

Thx. Lezrock

4. Danny_HR

Danny_HR Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Zagreb, Croatia
    What device are you playing on, and what iOS version are you using?
    We actually deployed a patch last night that solved some issues with iPad Air and iPad Pro. Could you give that a go if you are using those devices?

If not, please drop me a line at [email protected] and we'll see what we can do to make things right.

5. zloty

zloty Member

Oct 14, 2017
    #65 zloty, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Are you planning to add Road to Gehenna DLC? Update 1.2, my game become laggy AFTER 25 min of gameplay. Iphone SE (iOS 11.03)was extremely hot then slowdowns appeared, thermal throttling maybe?

6. lezrock

Mar 6, 2010
    Hi Danny! Thx for your fast reaction. I already wrote your team an email. I'm on iPad mini 4 running iOS 9.3.5.

Thx! Lezrock

7. lezrock

Mar 6, 2010
    The Latest build version 1.2 still crashes with my iPad mini 4 running iOS 9.3.5

8. dr904

dr904 Member

Apr 10, 2014
  9. Lanster27

Lanster27 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Hi guys,

I'm looking to pick this one up, but the battery drain is a major concern. I got a 6S, anyone have an idea on how much battery it drains from say, 1 hour of play?

Also, any tips to saving batteries other than playing on low brightness?

Thanks.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Playing on an SE and the drain is pretty damn significant, I'm afraid. I'd say it uses a single % of battery per minute, maybe? I'm not exactly sure.

11. Lanster27

Lanster27 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Damn, that does sound bad. My normal charger recharges around the same rate...

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Okay, I can confirm my initial estimate is pretty much accurate on about 25% brightness. 12% in 11 minutes.

13. zloty

zloty Member

Oct 14, 2017

Iphone SE A9 chip -
    30 min = 40% battery lost :mad: Seriously
    Game is barely playable at this moment bcuse of extremely heat and texture flickering (rainbow textures) after 15-20 min. Im on iOS 11.03 btw.

14. zloty

zloty Member

Oct 14, 2017

Unplayable at this moment :(

Iphone SE iOS 11.03

15. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    I’m downloading The Talos Principle while typing this, partly because of the hype and also because I like to have a flagship game when I get a new phone, and I just upgraded my falling apart 6+ for the 8. Very excited. I was drawn to the “Epoch” vibe of controlling a robot protagonist. This really does feel like the successor to the Infinity Blade, Epoch line of flagship games.

16. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    Say, any word on plans to also port the Gehenna expansion? That would satisfy my completionist compulsions.

17. lezrock

Mar 6, 2010
    #77 lezrock, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Here we go. Thx to the dev team for listening and answering to my crash report (via email) and fixing it so fast.
    Now the build 1.3 is perfectly running on my device (iPad mini 4 iOS 9.3.5) for 2h.
    Those 2h did "cost" me about 60% battery. I consider this normal for a 3D game.
    Awesome Game! It sucked me in ;-)

18. leokon96

leokon96 Active Member

Jun 3, 2016
    I'm having a blast (8 hours so far), but after the latest update the issue with the camera has gotten worse. It changes randomly quite often, like once every 2 minutes.

19. JaytB

JaytB New Member

Dec 15, 2010
    How to run with Virtual joystick turned on

I love this game and I also love the virtual controls. But could someone please explain to me how to run when using the virtual joystick? It’s been driving me crazy and I would greatly appreciate any help on the subject.

On a side note: I also have the problem reported in this thread, where the camera suddenly looks up. Playing on an iPhone 6s+ on the latest iOS and game version. Also sometimes weird flickering issues after playing for 30-60minutes or so.

20. JaytB

JaytB New Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Just figured it out...
    For anyone having the same issue: You need to change your ‘player speed’ from the default ‘slow’ setting to ‘fast’ in options->game options. Now it’s an absolute joy to play with the virtual joystick!