Universal The Trail - A Frontier Journey (By Kongregate)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Or you backtravel to a previous camp and farm up what you need for better gear or food to get you thru the long haul. I played this game on softlaunch and had no access to the iap store as a result. My entire play time never forced me in to a paywall. Hell, they've improved things since my softlaunch experience. Everything I collect on the path is stackable? Win!

2. heyomayo

heyomayo New Member

Nov 4, 2016
    #22 heyomayo, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    What happens once we get to Eden?? I'm just over the white mountains!

3. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Is this portrait only?

4. TempleRacer

TempleRacer Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Lovely game. I experienced major FPS drops on my iPhone 5 tho.

5. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    Right. That's what F2P does. Constantly pay or play a worse version of the game.

6. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    What's the raccoon that appears from time to time?
    I'm about 8km from the town at moment.

Also are they other people playing in real time, that you see n talk to?

7. Andarus

Andarus New Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Really love this

It's a wonderful game. At first it seems limiting, just keeping to a path, but it's the limitations that make this so much fun. It looks and sounds beautiful and the movement of it is utterly fluid, it just glides gently along, pulling you with it. Definitely no compunction to get IAP's to progress so far, but you know what? A game this generous and good, it makes you want to support it.:)

8. Andarus

Andarus New Member

Nov 5, 2016
    pull the Racoon's tail and you get an item

9. Andarus

Andarus New Member

Nov 5, 2016
    yes those are playing in real time. Tap your character and you can ineract through standard responses. Limited, but still effective. I'm hoping that later in the game / in an update, you 'll be able to trade and interact more fully with other players

10. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    When raccoon hides behind a rock, I tried clicking on it lots of times, but nothing happened.

Cool! There are real players, playing in real time cool!

11. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    You have to pull him up by his tail, like Bugs Bunny pulling a carrot out of the ground. It'll make him drop 1 of whatever goodie you need at the time.

12. Lonestarcanuck

Lonestarcanuck New Member

Nov 5, 2016
    The Trail - playing together with friends?

I am new to this game, my kids are playing it and we wanted to all play together. is it possible to start out on the same server so we can see each other and trade together?:confused:

13. Just deleted this game a few minutes in. Swiping up to pull the raccoon's tail wouldn't work so I rebooted the app to see if that would fix it. It set me back to the last campsite lol. What a joke.

14. Thomasjnj

Thomasjnj Member

Nov 5, 2016
    I have this on my iPhone but when I put it on my iPad it made me start a new game. Is there anyway I can play over both platforms?

15. Markstar

Markstar Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Save gone along with my money

Was really pleasantly surprised and was enjoying this.. so I took the plunge and got the starter Pack iap for £5.99

Great for another few hours now my save game has gone along with my money!

I should've known better.

16. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Only cool people can pull the racoon by its tail. Apparently you are not cool enough to pull it or maybe you're used to uwrap things instead of pulling. But don't worry it's not a big deal anyway. As soon as you get the racoon, Peter pops up and sings this.

17. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    I reached the town, but all plots of land where already bought... anybody knows if there are more towns if you continue traveling the trail?

18. Bluntmaster

Bluntmaster Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Sounds like a Molyneux game. Great ideas and presentation but piss poor implementation and execution.

19. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    I don't agree, have already played 4-5 hours and everything is great (iPad Air 2)

20. Lonestarcanuck

Lonestarcanuck New Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Fixing/Repairing clothing?

how do I repair my clothing? do I need to spend real money or can I do that somehow in :confused:game?