Universal The Trail - A Frontier Journey (By Kongregate)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Can anyone please answer my question on how to buy a house?

Also, I have learned a recipe that uses some kind of silk that is obly sold at vendors... Will I need real money to buy that?

2. limajo2

limajo2 New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I walked all the way to the end of town and clicked on the empty area right next to the last house - the town expanded and added my house, if I remember correctly.

Not sure about silk, but the better slingshot requires a rock that's sold at a store. Have yet to find anywhere to purchase items. Hope this helps!

3. Amesiu

Amesiu Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Ah sorry about my english. I mean got home from work (real life work)

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Isn't that how Mr. Molyenux describes EVERY project of his?

5. LeyenT

LeyenT New Member

Nov 8, 2016
    10.99 new explorer/new settler package

Hi everyone.
    Does anyone know if the clothes that come with the new explorer or new settler packages last forever like ones sold at the floating pagoda thing at the campsites?
    My wife wants me to buy her a package but only wants it because she's sick of rebuilding the clothes... would really appreciate a response so we know to buy the package or simply buy the favours then use them to buy the clothes from that guy instead.

Thanks

6. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    The 7.99 usd packages clothing lasts forever, just like at the pagoda.

7. LeyenT

LeyenT New Member

Nov 8, 2016
    #87 LeyenT, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Thanks so much for your quick reply!
    I guess my numbers are different because it's in CAD$.
    So to confirm; the Rangers hat and trousers in the new explorer package are forever?

Also, do you know the difference between the banker equipment and the Ranger equipment?
    Thanks again!

8. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Seems like both cost real money in the end. I can't see any way to convert gold into horseshoes, so buying anything with horseshoes still means spending real money. So sad that they chose to make permanent items an IAP-only item. Really unbalances the game and makes the already-monotonous grind aspect even worse (since it goes on indefinitely and doesn't lead to an ability to make perfect items yourself).

9. ProfiSuchti

ProfiSuchti New Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Finally i reached the FIRST City.

Do someone tried the City "Chat" ? How it works ? Can you write what ever you want ? or have you a Preset of Words (that would be annoying and how me that this game is 100% Offline Mode) ?

Its okay if the People are not Real, that walk around me. Until the game has a "small Multiplayer Mode" like Highscore with Real Players, or Chatting with Real players, its all fine.

I need a 100% Confirmation. Cant still see any Real Players btw. So a good game, cant imagine its 100% Offline...
    In-App Purchases are not ONLINE for me btw XD.

10. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Confirmed, the equipment you get in the iap packages is permanent and do not have a condition that wears out over time.

If your referring to the vendor at the camps in comparison to the equipment purchased via iap, the difference is that the further in to the game you get the gear offered on the merchant eventually has better stats, different name and different visual when equipped on your character. I fully expect that since this is a free-to-play game when you get far enough in they probably start offering higher price / higher quality iap packages down the road.

11. ExpGears

ExpGears New Member

Apr 28, 2013
    home in town

Hi! i just arrived at the first town, and i've bought my home for 1000 chit... i've taken the carpenter one

my question are:

1- carpenter will be my work forever now?
    2- if so, how can i sell my home for change work?
    3- which are the other work/home i can get?
    4- i want to do the work where i have to be a lunberjack... what home i ve to take ?

thank you... sorry for my english if no perfect :D

12. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    But when I arrived to town, all houses were full!

13. Scott Kang

Scott Kang Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Game Dev
    Korea.South
    I'm having great time playin this game.
    such a nice concept!

14. LeyenT

LeyenT New Member

Nov 8, 2016
    #94 LeyenT, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    missing ingredient

Thanks for all the info!
    Does anyone know where/how to acquire wooden planks?
    My wife has the house that produces stone tiles by using flint (don't know the name exactly).
    She is trying to do an upgrade to it and has every other ingredient needed except this one but cannot seem to find it anywhere.
    No info or anything... it looks like something you would call wooden planks, but I haven't seen it named anywhere.
    Any help is appreciated!

15. jamiejap

jamiejap Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2013
    i like this endless trail thing, but now i reached the town i don't know what to do. i don't want to develop my house and all this crap. can i reach other towns?

16. budle89

budle89 New Member

Nov 9, 2016
    This was initially a nice game to play with. But it became too stressful for a relaxing game. I ran out the bag space way too soon. And the durability of the item are jokes. I was in a constant loop of making clothes all over.

17. DLark

DLark Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    I have been loving this game. The grinding part of it is more pleasing than other games. The experience start to go downhill after I reach town, Eden Falls. Now the game crashed every few minutes. Such a disappointment

18. jamiejap

jamiejap Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2013
    #98 jamiejap, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    11 000 for the fairy at prärie crossing! The Problem is that the game begins to be to boring and to hard without buying some iap . After eden falls its hard to find enough ressources to make new clothes So anyone knows what's behind that fairy?

19. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Game is pretty sweet, props to the devs.

20. Players10

Players10 New Member

Nov 9, 2016
    #100 Players10, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    Yes you are one of the few people who recognized that. The game is stressful and the loop is no joke. Also these glitches where items disappear is super annoying. I spent 3 hours to get 20 bird toys and when I put them in the security chest and came back to it after a while there was only 8! and when I put the 8 into the town warehouse box it turned into 1 bird.
    This is crazy.
    And this game seriously needs its own forums where the devs actually read the concerns and not a 3rd party forum.