The (Un)Official TouchArcade Worst Game Of 2010

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by triggywiggy, Dec 29, 2010.

?

What is the worst Game of 2010

Poll closed Jan 1, 2011.
  1. N/A

6.3%
  2. N/A

6.3%
  3. N/A

12.5%
  4. N/A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. N/A

6.3%
  6. N/A

6.3%
  7. N/A

6.3%
  8. N/A

6.3%
  9. N/A

18.8%
  10. N/A

31.3%
  1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Crescent Moon is the publisher, not the developer of Rimelands, and the update is currently beta-testing. Unfortunately, many of the problems reported by people have proved hard to replicate, so it's taken a while. Diceworks goal is for the next version to fix all the bugs and include an expansion.

If you knew the amount of work that CM (and Galoobeth, and Diceworks, and Tasty Poison, etc) put into their games, both before and after release, you would be embarrased to have posted that.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Seconded! These all are small dev teams or publishers which are working hard to have a chance in the AppStore. But their love and care for their games is imense. This comment was not neccessary and - I guess - made without deeper knowledge of these developers.

3. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Thirded, even though that sounds really stupid.

4. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
  5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #65 Vovin, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010

Doesn't. ;)

But it is true... they haven't - like Gameloft - a big staff of additional people at hand which are able to resolve matters in days. It takes some time for them - but this is ok.

6. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

What's the point of a game bashing poll?

I'd rather encourage devs to do better with constructive critique, not an award for them being the worst. I don't see the place a thread like this has on TA, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

7. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    As i stated before.

8. Paradiso

Lol if someone actually buys pimple popper, or Angry birdz, chances are they're not a member of TA, especially one who follows the latest and greatest polls :)

9. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Agreed. Anyway, I doubt those games were ment seriously.

Btw how did you get to test Pocket RPG? : D

10. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    point is they promised that they will release the bug fix at the end of november. and the update has gone nowhere until now.

beside they should fix the bugs first before including anything extra(not saying i don't want them too add in extra effort, but at least let me play the game.)

and the one thing pissed me off most is they never seems to be replying the problems in their tread. I myself and some other guys has asked many times are they fixing the bug, when will the bug be fixed. and they never seems to be replying that tread.

as a small group of dev, SRRN games(dev of ASH) is way much better. I had problems for my game, asked in the tread, they PM and Email me many times to solve the problem, and they keep update the game and trying to help me out. although the problem is not solved at last , but i feel happy cause i feel they really concern about their customers. besides i seems to be the only one that has a problem with their game, but for Rimelands, everyone has the SAME problem. I am not asking devs to solve their game's bug immediately, but at least show us something that they are aware and concern their customers.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Love Ash, love their developer. I also think that your frustration with Diceworks is warranted, to some extent. But I can assure you that those bugs that "everyone" has are actually not being experienced by everyone (at least not in the same spot). If they were, they would have been fixed long ago. (For the record, I beat the game twice during the beta test without incident).

No question that they should be more responsive. But worst developer? That's just ridiculous. What would you call Gamevil, then? Illusia has been crashing at startup since the last update and they have yet to even acknowledge the problem or even offer a work around. (Even then, I would never suggest that they're "the worst developer".)

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Every Gamevil game I ever played is bug ridden. They never seemed to master the platform since their games are originally made for korean Java phones.

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I'm still peeved at the way I lost my character data in Zenonia 2 after 7 or 8 hours of gameplay. But again, to call them worst developer would be ridiculous.

14. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Agreed 100%.

15. sdmiracle

Jun 23, 2010
    ok i am a bit too harsh on this case. but everyone has the end game bug in rimelands right now, i know it is the end of the game but still, no one like a bugged game. and the convoy bug can happen on everybody if you leave that area in game. these bugs can happen on everyone and is not random so they should be fixed a long time ago.

gamevil was responsive when zenonia 2 was just release though, and i didn't buy they game after that so i don't know how they doing now. but i heard that hybird2 still lags really much.

may be both of them are not the "worst dev" but can be "one of the worst dev"

16. Paradiso

If you think Gamevil and Crescent Moon Games are two of the worst developers, you must not see any games from the AppStore outside of the featured sections and top charts.

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Still ridiculous, still hysterical.

18. sdmiracle

Jun 23, 2010
    of cause i always stay away from shitty games.
    buying those good titles i expect their customer services will be good too.
    May be some other dev are same but their games have no problem, and it is their job to fix it.

lol you know i am not serious aren't you?

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #79 awp69, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
    While those definately aren't among the worst games on the App Store, they may qualify as among the most over-hyped --- particularly Reckless Racing, which is a good game, but not as mind-blowing as people made it out to be.

Rage is another -- not among the worst -- but most overhyped games of the year.

I really think there should be a thread for most disappointing game of the year (mine would be Rage). There are THOUSANDS of really crappy apps on the store that could make a worst game of the year. But most people on the TA forums are more educated when to comes to these and DON'T buy them because they know they're crap. So they're wouldn't be much for us to list if we aren't buying them.

20. Paradiso

I think there might be a bit of a language barrier here.

In any case, I'd advise waiting and reading reviews, impressions, and feedback before you purchase any iOS game, as you won't find any worth having that arent buggy at one point or another.