iPhone The War of Eustrath HD

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 4, 2010.

1. archmagenmr

archmagenmr New Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I've been saving and loading a lot (hey, I don't like to lose :p), so my numbers are a bit inflated. I would say almost 30 hrs. Not bad for an iPad game, considering that I've only got to one of the endings.

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    That's about as long as I figured. Amazing for a 3.99 game (or even a 7.99 one, if they raise the price as advertised).

Just beat chapter 11 -- still got plenty to go.

3. GILSTEN

GILSTEN New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Shipping Industry
    Japan
    I really wonder if the choices you make under the decision tree affect the characters you get throughout the game?

The gameplay screens found in the developer's site obviously show some blue wing gears that are not in my fleet. Or this is why we need to play more than once?

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Considering that you are taking different routes across the map, I would say that that's likely.

This is a huge game, by iDevice standards.

5. antispin

antispin Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Editor, tech and gaming websites
    Really enjoying this game. It's a bit simplistic for an SRPG but does the job of whetting the appetite on the iPad.

For the level 7 boss, in case anyone is interested, head to the mountains at the bottom of the screen and take the higher ground. Beat him in 2 moves.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    What stage are you on? It gets more complex after stage 10, with new characters introduced and divergent paths.

Your right about terrain, BTW -- it's often the key to beating the bosses.

7. Matrix99

Matrix99 New Member

Jun 11, 2010
  8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I'm using Eve as a healer, which she can do from anywhere in the map, then bringing her in to combat at the very end of a battle (so I can level her up). Seems to be working alright so far.

9. iQubi_Jay

iQubi_Jay New Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Marketer. Game Planner
    East Asia
    #69 iQubi_Jay, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
    to everyone

Thank you very much for playing (or showing interest in) our game. =)
    We're listening to you. (Yes we know about the poor text and blurry field. ^^;;)
    All your comments really matter to us, and encourage us a lot.

But being a small non-native speaker team, currently focusing on iPhone ver, it does take time for us to check other sites, and answer them. If you have any concerns, the best shot is visiting our website. Http://www.iqubi.com
    Not to mention, it is where you'll receive our 'Official' response. =) Postings on other forums do have a little more personal ring.

While we may not be responding as fast as you desire us to, we'll respond first to whatever is on our website.

Please be a little patient with us, thank you very much. =)

Jay
    iQubi inc.

10. iQubi_Jay

iQubi_Jay New Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Marketer. Game Planner
    East Asia
    #70 iQubi_Jay, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
    to [archmagenmr]

We are trying to refurbish our forum. Sorry for the inconvenience, you can always contact us via [email protected].

We are very sorry to hear about what happened with the ending. We are looking into this matter right now. We did not experience such a case when we were testing it. Thank you very much for reporting, your comment really helps.

to [GILSTEN]

Yes it makes difference. =)

to [Matrix99]

Your question is answered on our website. =)

Thank you everyone for playing our game. =)

Jay
    iQubi inc.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
  12. GILSTEN

GILSTEN New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Shipping Industry
    Japan
    Thanks for the game.

I just finished the game. I have to say I really enjoyed it.

I guess depends on the route you choose, the number of stages differs too but I finished under 40 stages and it just ended abruptly.
    I will go back to the saves where I have to choose and try another routes.

iQuibi : Thanks so much for making such a great game.
    Looking forward to the updates :)

13. Thaurin

Thaurin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    I wonder when a TouchArcade review will be up?

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    #74 squarezero, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
    Send a respectful email to [email protected]. The more people ask for coverage, the better the chances.

This is now the 53rd top grossing iPad app, and last I checked still had 4.5 stars. Glad to see that people are discovering the game.

15. FoundInTheFlood

Jun 17, 2010
    Can anyone tell me how to beat "Razhikale" for me it is Mission 10. He kills all of my mechs in 1 hit, and if i hit him with any of mine he loses like 5 % of his health. So it is pretty unbeatable, even though i had one load where he didnt hit with his first attack, but there doesn't seem to be a weak spot for him? Tried all my guys against him, he is Earth i think, and all my weapons are pretty bad against that, or i dont have enough will anymore to use them, but even other good weapons just do 5 % damage.

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Here's what I posted about a week ago in the iqubi forum:

17. Brt

Brt New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    #77 Brt, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
    For anyone who has beaten this game already, how did you take out the boss of mission 38 (celtakroth)? Once he... Gets stronger, i can barely damage him with my strongest units. And even that requires an unsustainable amount of will consumption.

I would just wait around to get more will but there's no time...

18. iJoe

iJoe Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    ^ I hear ya. I believe I'm at the 'last battle,' and the guy (SPOILERS)

keeps upgrading his mech and the third time was his last form, I barely scratched it. And this was from taking different plains on the field and making sure everyone's will is up. See I would manually quick save, DON'T. The third form does a mass attack that killed 4 of my guys. So be sure when it gives you those extra turns to move as FAR away from him as possible. Because when I quick saved and loaded before his attack I only got to move that one character, whereas the game saves for those special extra turns allowing to escape and if not restart and you'll have the ability to retry moving your guys.

And always use the abilities. Counter, Elude, Fortify, BUT one thing that is not mentioned. If you press aim first then the others, well the opponent then taps Counter, which reduces that Aim. So I tend to press either Counter, Fortify, Aim, Elude or Fortify Counter Elude Aim. Heck, if it's the boss, through 'strength' in there first so it counters that and allows you to gain an advantage with the other abilities. Try it, you'll see before the attack starts that it definitely changes it up.

19. Brt

Brt New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    I already use combat abilities, but they take too much will and I lose access to my super effective attacks

20. FoundInTheFlood

Jun 17, 2010
    I waited now for e superweapon of my blue knight but it tookaway 20 % of the enemys hp and insta-killet my main Hero. This level really makes the game unplayable for me.