The World Ends With You (iPad/iPhone) $19.99/$17.99 >> $10.99/$9.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by jeffyg3, Aug 5, 2013.

1. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Thanks ooooomonkey! I was on the fence on this one...wondering how much space was required. Think Ill pass on it now.

2. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    not into anime rpg, so wouldn't jump if it was $1... anyways seems overpriced :p

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I'm not an Anime fan either. This,however, is a port of a DS game that (supposedly) has some interesting game mechanics. Wish I had known it expanded so much on install though.

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #24 Andy C83, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
    Coming from you the "overpriced" comment means less than nothing.

5. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Genuine question Mr. B but how many apps do you judge to be worth more than a $? You seem to be the king of the $.99 sale ;)

I have never played this before buying for my 4S a few months back, however I have since spent 20+ hours, which for me is well worth the price. Now I have an iPad I can start all over again.

The game is really original, has fantastic music and storyline, with the only barriers being the cost and storage.

As long as you have the space, I cannot recommend this game enough, and at this price you are getting a lot of bang for your bucks.

Check out the videos of this game and you may change your view :)

6. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Okay what's the size on iPhone 5?
    I need some space for A8 already.If its more than 2 GB then I will buy it play latter!

7. mrbiggles

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    i'd say a few that keep my interest for longer then a few mins of play. well most things seem to go on sale for $1 or free so nothing wrong with paying $1 or 2 if you already have a boat load of games. spent more then $1 on playdek, mdickie etc etc

so you seem like a rich guy who spends more then $? so how much have you spent on apps or games through the years. ;)

checked out the trailer, and still not my kinda game (anime) :rolleyes:

8. Phoenix24

Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    2.4GB installed on iPhone 4S.

About to download the iPad version and I think it's the same size.

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Don't you think this sale is strange?
    Square / Enix never puts something on sale without a reason.

Maybe there's something new soon? Or an update for TWEWY is coming?

10. Phoenix24

Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    I hear what you say about anime but I doubt many of the owners of this game are specifically fans of that genre....it is just a great RPG story.

I consider myself to have a decent job and whilst bot rich, have probably spent over £500 on apps over the last 4 years, however since learning about FMA, GE and FAS I have got loads of 'free' games this year including XCOM, TWEWY IPad and iPhone, FF4, WHQ, Ravenmark QOE etc.

Whilst I love Jetpack Joyride I do not consider myself a casual gamer and usually buy games with some longevity. I recently spent over £20 taking the family to watch Monsters University, so if I spend £10 on an app that gives me 10-20 hours of entertainment, then I see this as value.

XCOM is the best game I have ever played on iOS however TWEWY would be in my top 5, but I doubt that you will ever try these two on basis of the price. Peace out :)

11. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    And how much space required to install it??

12. Phoenix24

Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    I think the original file is over 600mb and so you will need more than 3gb free. I have 2 64gb devices because of apps like this ;)

Sorry can't be too specific but hope this helps.

13. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow so much talk about the price, I was literally going to buy this full price yesterday with no regrets as its worth it at full price or half price.
    IMO it's one of the best RPGs I've played, easily up there with the best of things.
    I played it for ages on the ds (a few weeks anyway) so if £14 or £7 for hours and hours worth of entertainment isn't good value then I don't know what is.
    The App Store mentality of everything must be 69p is crazy in the last couple of weeks I picked up battle academy and a few cheapo casual games and now this, battle academy has had me playing for well over 15hours so far and I'm not even through the first campaign:eek:
    I expect to get even more pay out of this.
    Well to sum it up you get what you pay for, you want quality you have to pay for it.

14. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    If it's not for you, that's fine. After all, there are games some consider great that I wouldn't download for free (oh...who am I kidding). Having said that, this will never be .99, and it hardly requires wealth to spend 10-12 bucks.

15. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I saw on Appzap a new Asian language version was released... It's under "new apps".

16. Crzychkn

Crzychkn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Utah, USA
    fas, ge, fma?

17. Phoenix24

Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    FreeAppSlots, FreeMyApps and GnomeEscape. Check the main thread Free app providers etc, but basically these are ways of earning points to be able to swap for apps or iTunes cards, as a rewards for downloading and playing / reviewing their free sponsored apps.

18. Crzychkn

Crzychkn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Okay thanks!

19. mrbiggles

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    agree just not for me...just tossed in the wealth comment for fun seeing how some have to (tisk tisk) about what others do and don't like or would spend on a game. but still some are on a budget and have to watch what they spend if having a house etc and a few kids.

20. KillerSpecialK

KillerSpecialK Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Midwest
    Anyone know how long this will last? Based on Squenix and there typical price drops(I know it's rare)?