iPad The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. iEdGamer

iEdGamer Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Finally, I defeated the game's superboss. The Beat trick to kill the pig noise really works! Even at Normal difficulty, I could barely survive the attacks. This is definitely one insane boss to win.

2. iEdGamer

Jan 18, 2012
    Even without SOS, darklit deck deals huge damage.

3. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    True against normal mobs, but how effective is it against bosses? I seem to die faster than I can kill them.

Double Lightning Rook + Her Royal Highness + any healing pin is the best option for majority of the game since it's great against bosses (except for the ultimate boss) and still does sufficiently high damage against normal mobs.

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    This is showing on my touch is it playable?

5. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    NOPE. Do not buy it, it won't work on the iPod Touch 4. Only works on iPhone 4/4S.

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Damn you iPod touch 5

7. ktern

ktern Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    You should always have both characters eating something.

HP and Def upgrades have the same effect for either one, it's shared.

8. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    has anyone tried this on iphone5 yet? i wonder if it will be updated (probably not :) )

9. #889 Haruhi, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  10. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Anyone notice it's impossible to farm Anguis Cantus repeatedly? If I restart the battle pins will no longer drop, have to start Week 3 Day 7 all over again in order for it to drop pins again.

11. iEdGamer

Jan 18, 2012
    I got it fairly easily. He's a blue noise. Shouldn't be a problem.

12. chexk03

chexk03 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    #892 chexk03, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    Two strategies can let you kill him without taking any damage even on Ultimate:
    1. Equip the holy field series (no.222-226) and Drake (no.298), choose Beat as partner. Just press on the enemy all the time to start a cross-combo frenzy. You are invincible for 5s every time you land a cross combo so you are basiclly invincible through out the battle. Just need to run away from enemy when the partner pin is recovering. Use Fusion attack to do extra damage and recover life.

2. Equip one Black Uranus (no.215), one lightning rook (no.188), one Her royal highness (no.192) and the three CAT pins (no.219-221). When the battle start, swipe up in the middle of both enemies to launch them to the air, do one more swipe up to send them flying even higher, then connect with a lightning attack by tapping. When the attack finishes, the black Uranus should be ready to use again, so just repeat the cycle until they die. No partner needed at all. This setting actually works for any Boss susceptible to launch attacks.

Note: you need to wait a little bit between the two swipe, or the two launch attack will be stacked together, so the enemies won't be sent as high. Also Shiki is not recommended as the partner for this setting, as her attack will be triggered by tapping and reduce the damage of lighting rook or even may ruin the infinite cycle (sorry Shiki, I still love you though :p)

My favorite deck is one Black Uranus, two lighting rook, one royal highness, one Pegaso, one "Me time is free time". For most regular enemy fight, just use the sweeper to drag enemies together and then lightning rook, done. If they are too big for the sweeper, just launch them. For boss fight, without CAT series, you can not do a complete infinite loop combo, but if you are good with timing, it's still manageable. No HP recover pin is needed really, when you max out your HP(9999) and defense(100*2=200), there's hardly any enemy can do real damage to you anyways. If really necessary, just switch the sweeper pin with HP recovery for boss battle.

13. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Wow thanks, didn't realise he had a blue noise!

Why is there a x2? I noticed the twewy wikia also always has attack = 200 when listing pin stats. Isn't the max attack only 100?

14. chexk03

chexk03 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    The max base defense for Neku and each partner is 100, but in Solo remix they are stacked up, since only Neku will take the damage. If you max out the defense for both Neku and partner, the total base defense is 200. On top of this, threads can provide extra defense.

15. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #895 TicTac, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    But how can one tell if a partner's defence is max? I've already maxed out Neku's defence but I never increased defence for any of the partners. I mean, the max def shown for both me and my partner is 100 (+whatever we're wearing). Should it increase to 200?

Edit: nvm I tested it, it did go over 100.

16. Sol

Sol Member

Sep 19, 2012
    How can i encounter a blue noise? Ive Finished the game and ive only encounter 1 so far... Do they drop rare pins? Anyway, whwre can i get shadow matter?

17. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Most bosses and reapers have blue noise that you can re fight to get the best pins in the game. Everything you need is here

http://twewy.wikia.com/wiki/Noise_List

18. LanceAvion

LanceAvion Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Awesome Soundtrack and CoverArt

My two thoughts,

1.) I really want this sound track....

2.) Partially for the artwork. Doesn't everyone look a bit depressed through?

19. Sol

Sol Member

Sep 19, 2012
    If i replay a chapter, will i get the items just like the first time? Cause im looking for scarletite to upgrade my fusions

20. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    The wiki says:
    Scarletite is only available for sale by Shibu-Q-Heads 1F after completing the game once for 5x Tektite, 2x Orichalcum, and 1x Dark Matter.