iPad The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Agree on this. In general, I was able to complete the game in this way:

1) Bought equipment that gave the best bonuses as money and stats allowed. Didn't care at all about brands except for those few special quests.

2) To help pins evolve, I would often equip pins that did evolve when I was going to stop playing, and make sure I did a hard close (remove it from task bar) when I was done, so any pins that would evolve from shutdown, would, but I didn't research which ones evolved from that means, just luck.

3) I only had to grind monsters in the area to level up (me or my pins) to defeat a bad boss maybe two or three times. Not enough to drive me crazy in any way, and never felt like I had to do excessive grinding.

4) Buy food and use it to increase stats and that one stat that limits what clothing you can war.

5) Use the right pins for the right situation/enemy. I sometimes would get wrecked, and then switchout a pin that used the environment as weapons (cars, etc.), because there were no environment weapons on the screen. Often better to quick back to the menu and reconfigure pins (or light grinding as mentioned above) than to go to Easy. There was one quest that made you change difficulty, other than that, I always stayed on Normal.

6) Enjoy. As you get deeper into it, you realize what a great game this is.

2. sirrozha

sirrozha Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    This has been asked and answered before for sure, I'm sorry. But there is no way I get time to read 1000 messages of the thread.
    Is there an iOS-specific 100% guide? I have beaten the game during the summer, I'd like to complete it now but I'm pretty clueless what to do now. I don't even remember the badges. Well, I know the games is pretty similar to DS, but if there is iOS guide... It would be welcome.

I hate this feeling. I have so many games that I nearly completed but did not treturn to them for a long time and forgotten all of the strategies and whatever. Among them are TWEWY, FFT: WotL, FF: IV, maybe more. I regret it so much...

3. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    You can use the DS guides for most of the game, here's a list of (most of) the differences: http://twewy.wikia.com/wiki/The_World_Ends_with_You_-Solo_Remix-

That page doesn't appear to have been updated since the most recent update to TWEWY, you can now get Mingle PP from non-mingling practice matches of Tin Pin Slammer.

4. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but does anyone know exactly how the drop system works? I'm trying to get the hard drop from death metal drake, aka noise #45. I've been lowering my level to get a drop rate of 60, then chaining together four battles, with the final battle being the drake I need the drop from. I've done this probably 5 times by now, and a few of those I even ended the drake on a fusion attack, that's supposed to multiply your drop rate by about 5. The drop has a base of .03%, which gets up to about 3% adjusted for my lowered level.

Is there anything else I can do to get this damn drop? Unfortunately it's the dragon couture resonance pin, which I need to complete my dragon deck. Even so, I'd rather not waste my time if it's unobtainable.

5. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Also, is there a light puck combo system in the iOS version? All the online guides mention how to manage the puck and puck pass, but I've never seen the light puck in the iOS version, while its a real physical thing in the DS version.

6. noil

noil Member

Apr 30, 2012
    I'm trying to delete TWEWY since I need the space, but if I do, I'll lose the game save. What do you guys use to backup the game save? Backing up my device on iTunes won't work since it will only restore an old version of my device if I want to restore TWEWY, along with everything else that was in the old backup.

7. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    You need an iSpirit or iFunBox program installed on your PC/Mac. No need Jailbreak.

1. Open iFunBox and connect your iDevice to your PC/Mac.
    2. Browse the Application section in iFunBox and look for the TWEWY folder.
    3. Copy the Documents folder and save it on your PC/Mac.
    4. You can now safely delete the game on your iDevice.
    5. Restore your save file by moving the Documents folder again in your iDevice.

8. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Use iExplorer or the likes, go to your 'Apps' folder, look for the game folder, then I usually copy 'Documents' and 'Library' folders.

When you reinstall TWEWY, open up iExplorer and replace those 2 folders with the ones you saved before and it'll restore your game data.

As for iTunes backup, you can use backup extractors (can't remember what I use since I'm at work now and the software is at home, but I'm sure there are a few apps that do the same thing), which basically will extract portions of your whole backup, eg. Just your SMS, pics, apps data, game saves, etc.

I'm not sure when these solutions came out but I myself only found it 2 years ago so I lost many old game saves (2008-2010), especially since the capacity was rather small back in those days (16GB).

Sometimes though, I just feel like keeping the apps to look at the icons, some of them are so pretty and make me excited to just think I own these classics on my iPhone :D

9. Ponycakes

Ponycakes Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 27, 2012
    Price drop! Pick this up if you want an original, high quality RPG. Read through the reviews and smash the "buy" button.

10. RamazAdelphos

RamazAdelphos Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2013
    This game looks like fun but I need to know if it wastes alot of battery?!?! Please someone let me know!:)

11. Pitch_Blak

Pitch_Blak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    I'm curious how long the sale will last... debating on a quick run out to get an iTunes card to get it tonight. :p

12. Atangerine

Atangerine Active Member

Sep 13, 2012
    MI
    It doesn't waste battery that quickly. And besides, you can always recharge...

13. Atangerine

Atangerine Active Member

Sep 13, 2012
    MI
    Also, if anyone needs help/tips in this game, just ask away. I've beaten this game multiple times and currently have around 5400 ESP points (57th in the world including the hackers).

ALso, I need a few achievements that can only be acquired through wireless means. So, if anyone wants to mingle or play Tin Pin online, just respond to my post.

14. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    How to play tin pin online?

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I think EVERYONE who is on the fence should buy it.

This is literally my favorite game on the ios and is a lot more "friendly" to newer players than the original version. It's easy to pick up and play without going too crazy. Great story, great soundtrack and amazing gameplay (collecting pins is the coolest thing on my ipod :) )

I bought it for its original price when I first got my new ipod Touch and it was worth it. It's the biggest game/app on my ipod and I have no plans on deleting it.

In fact, sad to say I'm near then end but stopped playing because I didn't want it to end..

16. RamazAdelphos

RamazAdelphos Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2013
    I know but I like to use my itouch for other games and texting and stuff

17. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    The only thing that's holding me back is that its not optimized for my iPhone 5. Is there any chance Square Enix will update it??

18. Atangerine

Atangerine Active Member

Sep 13, 2012
    MI
    My bad, thought you could play Tin-pin online. Unfortunately, you can't.

19. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I bought the iphone version about u months ago, got an ipad mini as a gift about 3 months ago. Apparently SE does not want me playing the iphone version on my ipad, as I cannot access it.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get it?

20. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I have the iphone version, how is the ipad version? I was thinking on getting it due to the sale. Less battery drain :D