The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    #2221 Donovan1209, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
    Meh, Halo and Gears are both overrated in my very honest opinion. And he says he backs up his claims with facts. It's opinion that 360 controller is better. Have you seen PS3's PSN exclusive games? Like Flower, fl0w, Super Stardust HD, etc. Apparently not. PS3 has more and better exclusives. And there are plenty of multiplayer games that are helluva lot of fun. Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 (soon to be 3), Resistance 1 or 2 (soon to be 3), etc. There are more PS3 exclusive mp games, that are just as good as Halo.

In other words, seems as though Fable 3 sucks. Well I suppose Gears 3 could save their exclusives.

2. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm sorry but you guys seem to be saying "Oi! If you think PS3 exclusives are bad you are narrow minded! On the other hand 360 exclusives are overrated"
    (that was aimed more at Midian than at you)

Which is incredibly hypocrytical.

Onto your other points; the controller:
    I had a Playstation 1 for YEARS, I used to play that thing to death, and the controller was functional, yes, it worked fine and I had no problems. However, when I bought my 360, I picked up the controller and thought 'Wow, this is so much more comfortable than the Playstation controller'.
    The PS controller design is functional, yes, outdated, yes, less comfortable than an Xbox 360 controller, yes.

Onto exclusives: Halo, Gears, Fable (yes, even Fable) etc. are all fantastic games. I think if you've played them properly you'd find it hard to disagree,
    But the PS3 does have many more great full retail exclusives than the Xbox 360.
    Where
    The Xbox really shines in it's exclusives is the Xbox Live Marketplace. Braid, Mysterious adventures of PB Winterbottom, Hydrophobia, Toy Soldiers, Plants vs Zombies, the list goes on and on.
    Not to mention that most cross platform games release DLC for the Xbox a LONG time before the Playstation releases.
    PS3 beats Xbox in full retail exclusives
    Xbox beats PS3 in Marketplace content.

3. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    lul wut

4. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    #2224 Donovan1209, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
    :p my thoughts exactly. And I thought Toy Soldiers and Braid were on PSN too (correct me if I'm wrong). PS3 has Fat Princess (arguably the best PSN exclusive game), Trine, Swords and Soldiers, fl0w, Warhawk, Flower, Super Stardust HD, Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty, Echochrome, The Last Guy, Joe Danger, Pixeljunk (franchise), Burn Zombies Burn!, Shatter, Wipeout HD, Ragdoll Kungfu, Zen Pinball, etc. Plus all of those great PSone Classics!

And when I mentioned Gears and Halo and said they were overrated, I mentioned Fable for a reason. The only not overrated exclusive 360 has. And I admit it, some PS3 exclusives are overrated. But there still good games.

5. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Please mate, take Hydrophobia off your list. Didn't it get 4 across the board? LOL.

6. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Toy Soldiers is an XBLA exclusive, but Braid is on PSN too, didn't know that :p

7. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Plants vs Zombies is on the XBLA and not the PSN. Seeing as we're talking about the PS3 and the Xbox 360 I'm not including other platforms.

Toy Soldiers in not on PSN, but Braid is (news to me)
    XBLA has so many more fantastic downloadable games than what I listed, I just can't be bothered naming them all.
    And I don't own Gears of War or any Halo games other than Reach, but if you think Reach is 'overrated' you are , in the words of Midian, very 'Narrow Minded'.

Now please, get out of the Xbox 360 thread.

8. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    But you were talking about exclusives that merit the purchase of the console. So if the game isn't exclusive to the console, it can't really be a factor in determining which is better.

9. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Exclusives that merit the purchase of the console 'over the other console we are discussing'

10. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    But it's not an exclusive... :D

11. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    In regards to the Xbox 360 and the PS3 only, yes it is.

12. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Oh, don't even play like a console-based web browser is worth more than a can of whatsit. :p

Frankly, though, I've said it before and I'll say it again: You're doing yourself no favors by purchasing just one console because you "hate" the other. The fact of the matter is, both consoles have great games and great experiences. The Uncharted series, Fat Princess, LBP, and (future) Gran Turismo 5 are great reasons to have a PS3; Halo: Reach (And please don't give me that crap of how it can't be good since it's a Halo game; Reach takes the cake), the Gears of War series, Fable, and XBLA games like Trials HD (is that on PSN too? I can't remember) are valid reasons to own a 360 as well.

That said, if you were to have just one console for financial reasons and such, I'd say go for the PS3. All-around functionality is supremely better, and although it doesn't have cross-game chat, PSN is certainly not too far from the XBL experience - and you're not paying $60 per year to get it. The exclusives are more than worthy of your time, and the graphics capabilities provided by the Blu-Ray disc format are stunning - not to mention that the extra space can allow developers to give a deeper experience.

All that said, now that Epic Games has finally come around to dedicated servers for Gears 3, I'm totally pumped. Now to find a way to avoid paying sixty bucks to actually experience it. :rolleyes:

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's only Halo I consider overrated, I enjoyed Gears 1 and 2. Only co-op though, the mutiplayer didn't seem too fun. Actually I enjoyed Halo 3 as well for a short while, but that doesn't make it any less overrated.

I suppose the controller thing comes down to preference, but you can definitely get used to just about any controller you pick up, it shouldn't be a deal breaker unless it plain doesn't work.

14. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    +1, to the entire thing. Trials HD is on PSN, at least I'm 99% sure :p

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm afraid that 1% is gonna come back and bite you in the ass. Trials HD is one of the only reasons my 360 still gets any action. If that and Shadow Complex came to PSN I'd probably put my Xbox into storage for a while.

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Click link for full article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/11650808

17. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Well deserved. Very glad that BioWare's receiving the recognition they've earned. ME3 better be frigging epic the way they've set this thing up.

18. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Maybe so, but it's also available for PC/Mac. I've yet to meet anyone who owns a console but not a computer

19. Rezur

Rezur Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    I don't care for the exclusives on either console.

20. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    And yet that's not what we're discussing.