The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    1. Get Red Dead.
    2. Play through it.
    3. Buy Undead Nightmare Expansion and get zombie fix.
    4. All your problems are solved.

2. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Pyro nailed it. RDR has the stuff you want from Black Ops and then some.

Besides, the game is one of the best titles this gen and it has INSANE amounts of replay value and content.

3. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Okay, $40 is too much for a zombie survival mode anyway, plus I would still have to buy more maps and such. Thanks! Will buy it soon enough.

I did have a thought, we could merge the Wii, PS3, and 360 discussion threads together, and people could get input from more than half the console gamers here on TA.

4. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Undead Nightmare is actually like $10 or so in Xbox Live, and is not only a "survival mode", but a 6 hour single player campaign too, and it has an extra online multiplayer mode. If you are getting RDR, I'd suggest to get the Liars and Cheats DLC also so you can get the whole multiplayer experience. It's really worth it.

5. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Yup, I plan on it.

6. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Portal 2 will be GOTY.

That is all

7. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    What about...

Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Battlefield 3, inFamous 2, Rage, Arkham City, Resistance 3, or Brink. Oh wait, nope, none of those have a chance, even though none have been released yet. But Portal 2 will be good, no doubt about it.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah I'm still not sold on Portal 2, mainly because of how boring the first game was after finishing it the first time... within a couple of hours. I'll probably buy it but there's a lot of other awesome stuff I'm actually looking forward to.

9. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    I think it's more like the kind of game you borrow or rent for a few days, beat it, and return it. It's not going to be overly long. I don't know if I'm buying or not as of yet.

10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah probably. It'll be good, no doubt, but I'm thinking more "one night stand" fun than "lasting relationship" fun.

11. Kubba

Kubba Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    No no noooooo. I couldn't disagree more. The campaign is said to be 2.5 times the original campaign length, and there's supposed to be a 5 hour multiplayer as well. In addition, this time around its much more challenging, so it'll likely take longer to solve problems. It'll give a solid 15 hours of incredible gameplay. That's roughly the amount of time Batman: Arkham Asylum gave, and no one complained about that...

12. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Yah, renting it for a weekend and playing it could get it done, and the co-op is just as long as the main game ;) not 2x as long. I might still buy it, though.

13. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Batman: Arkham Asylum didn't have much replay value either in my opinion. Even if the Portal campaign is 2.5 times the original's length, that'll make it under 3 hours on a repeated playthrough, factor in a bit of difficulty and we're talking 4-5 at most. It's not all about length anyway, part of the problem with the first game is that once you know how it's done you've got nothing left. It's not fun at all walking through the levels zapping portals where you know they should be until you reach the end again.

14. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Exactly, Arkham City should have plenty of replay value, it seems to be a lot like Prototype or inFamous whereas it's open world to some extent.

15. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Blatantly going to be Lego: Pirates of the Caribbean ;)

If I had to actually pick one from what I have seen so far, I would go with Battlefield 3. It looks like a damn good game from the little footage we have seen.

16. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, and Skyrim have the best chance imo, since the

previous game got GOTY for all of them. inFamous 2, Battlefield 3, and

Brink look like they could get it though. inFamous 2 has a mission-creator

which will give it LittleBigPlanet re-playability, and it just looks awesome so

far. Battlefield 3 doesn't really need any explanation, epic. Brink has

parkour, and deep customization of your characters and guns. Brink also

has a nice objective system in the midst of an online match, and seemingly

no boundary between SP and MP.

17. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    My GOTY pick is RAGE!

(click pictures to enlarge)

RAGE1.jpg RAGE2.jpg

RAGE3.jpg RAGE4.jpg

RAGE5.jpg RAGE6.jpg

RAGE7.jpg RAGE8.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

18. Kubba

Kubba Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
  19. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    #2899 Donovan1209, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
    It gives me Borderlands and Fallout vibes with a sprinkle of Bioshock. I always forget about Rage though, yah, that should be a good contender.

20. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    I agree with the "best chances" list. Brink won't get it, because it'll look like a run-of-the-mill shooter with some fancy new features thrown on top. Battlefield 3 won't get it, just because FPS games typically don't; Call of Duty and Battlefield haven't ever received it in the past, and with competitors like ME3 and Uncharted 3, the chances are even more slim. inFamous 2 just doesn't seem like a GOTY to me, but I suppose we'd have to wait until it comes out to make a judgment.