The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Dangggg, if any of the retailers in the UK do a similar deal it'll definitely push me over the edge, so long as they accept x-clamped units.

2. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
  3. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    #43 Electric_Shaman, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
    Hey guys, should I get Gears of War or Gears of War 2? Never played either of them, but they're both cheap on Amazon so thought I may as well pick one up, if not both if it's worth it. Mainly interested in the online multiplayer, got enough single player games already.

4. jacksoncombs

jacksoncombs Well-Known Member

id get gears 3 when it comes out but for now id buy #2

5. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Wow, a thread for Xbox... I think I need to make a PC or PS3 thread ;)

6. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Wow, so would I be correct in saying that I can get $200?
    - Console w/ controller $100
    - 250GB Harddrive $50
    - Wireless N Adapter $50

And I'll keep my other controller.

Is is worth $100? I already have wifi so... reliability (which I haven't had problems yet), new design, and quieter?

EDIT: How could I forget? KINECT!!! Not that it really matters... :rolleyes:

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    #47 Kamazar, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
    If you have friends that play it a couple times a week, it's worth it. The multiplayer is really different from other FPS's though. I haven't broken 9 kills yet on Guardian.

Edit: And just found out, Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut is coming out on the XBLA this fall! Played it on my GameCube, but if it's a straight port from the Dreamcast version... *drools*

8. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Well, not only is it more reliable, the new XBox will actually protect itself from overheating. But it's up to you.

9. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Hmmmm... decisions, decisions.. I guess I don't really get how prone the XBOX is to breaking. Is it truly only a matter of when not if?

10. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Just wanted to come and recommend Alan Wake. Excellent game. ;)

11. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Who's excited for Fable III using Kinect?!?!?

12. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    WTF are you talking about?! Kinectanimals is where it's at! I will get myself a tiger, and I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him...

13. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    It doesn't really seem like a "when" anymore, now that the GPU and CPU are integrated into a single chip requiring just one heatsink and the 360 now will shut itself off if the fan is not pulling enough air in to cool the components down. It's probably a whole lot more like the rate of failure for a PS3 now, which is very low.

P.S.: My family just got the new XBox 360, and holy crap it's quiet. A whole lot smaller, too.

14. soupbandit

soupbandit Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    student
    They didn't fix rrod lmfao

15. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    #55 Kamazar, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
    ... yeah, they did. CaptainAwesome just spelled it out for you. The problem before was that GPU and CPU were on chip. The console would overheat, warping parts in the motherboard and screwing up the GPU. Now that's it's all managed in one chip, and the Xbox shuts down before overheating. Unless you mod it to keep the console from turning itself off, the chance of failure lowers dramatically.

Edit: Cuz I don't wanna post again, is L4D2 worth it for the multiplayer? I'm considering picking it up since no good games are really coming out this summer.

16. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Actually there is no RROD. They removed it from the xbox as a warning system. Now a message just pops up i think when the xbox is in trouble. So whether its broken or not there is no RROD.

im going to get a jellyfish and call him squishy and he will be my squishy........ (i hope people know the reference)

17. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Has anybody that preordered an xbox at gamestop got it yet? I'm still waiting on mine:(

18. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    That effing sucks. Going to Best Buy because I trust their warranties more.

19. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    I'm kinda considering trading my old one in along with the controller and hard drive. Is it possible to do so after the slim has been released? I don't really wanna go a couple weeks without it.

Edit: Wait, is it already out?

20. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Yes. it is. They have a trade-in offer right now. Although, I think you can use the same controllers.