The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    You might want to go now, I heard some locations are stopping the offer because they can't fulfill the amount of preorders they're getting right now.

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I'm still not entirely sure I wanna upgrade is the thing. If I get one, I'm pretty much forfeiting 3 games this year. On the other hand, if my 360 ends up failing anytime soon (it already did once), I won't be able to trade it in. Decisions, decisions.

3. nooobynick

Jan 5, 2009
    I had the launch core system so it was worth it to me, 20gb to 250gb hard drive, normal wifi to wireless n, much quieter, new warranty, more reliable, etc. I found the $80 I paid to be worth the upgrade. Now if only it would get here!

4. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Same here. 20 gigs, no internal WiFi. How'd you end up paying just $80, though?

5. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    I think he mighta had a WiFi adapter (thus the "normal WiFi to Wireless N" upgrade), so that would have been a chunk of change.

6. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Xbox- 100
    Wireless adapter- 40 to 50?
    Hard drive 20 gigs- 30
    Memory cards- 10, 14, 18?
    Controllers- 20 to 25?

7. nooobynick

Jan 5, 2009
    xbox+cables and wireless controller: $100
    2 wireless controllers: $50
    Wifi adapter: $40
    20 gb hard drive: $30
    Total:$220

8. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Yeah, I have nowhere near that much stuff. Tops for me would be the console, HDD, and the controller. I'd still pay over half for it. I'd have to talk it over with my parents. They're thinking about completely taking over the big TV and getting a monitor or something for my room (we're a bit spoiled, I guess) and getting an adapter isn't worth it if I can get a new 360, so we'll see.

9. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    So, name all the Xbox 360 games under 30 dollars, new or used, I should get.

10. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Mass Effect if you don't have it already. While you're at it, check out Star Wars KOTOR, also by BioWare and still one of the greatest RPGs in my book.

Other oldies but goodies:

Gears of War 2
    Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
    Forza Motorsport 3 (probably more than $30, but great nonetheless)
    Halo 3 (mostly for the multiplayer)
    Geometry Wars 2
    Castle Crashers
    Too Human (an okay game if you like RPGs)

All I can think of at the moment.

11. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Yes, depending on how much you're paying. I would say find the cheapest copy you can and then decide. If you already have the first L4D, it might be worth letting it go, there's not a whole lot of difference between the two in my mind except the new campaigns. If you have a bunch of friends to play with, go for it. Otherwise, it's up in the air, if you're really craving some zombie killing action it's a solid buy, but once you've completed all the campaigns and played a nice chunk of versus mode it get's a little boring... but of course there's "The Passing" DLC to check-out =D (which I haven't done yet unfortunately so I can't comment on that)

12. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I need some serious help connecting to LIVE. I used to be able to do it just fine, but yesterday I tried and it gave me all sorts of errors! Today it's settled on :

"Can't access the internet. There may be a problem with your connection"

When it tries to connect from the 'network' to the 'internet'

I've restarted my Xbox360 and my router like 100 times but to no avail.

I have a D-Link DSL G604T wireless router and I am connecting through an ethernet cable.

13. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Have you tried using a different ethernet cable?

14. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Same error message :(

15. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    I never got the Xbox, SA. So, I'm looking forward to that.

How about the original GOW, the Banjo Kazooie series, Viva Piñata (for my kids), fable 2 w/ dlc, the assassin's cread, & prototype?

Also, what is Castle Crashers?

16. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    If you connect to a computer with the same ethernet cable and the same router (ie with the exact same set-up), does it work?

Also since it has stopped working, has ANYTHING at all changed in your set-up? Any more connections to the router? Changed the orientation of your Xbox? Thunder storm in your area?

17. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Just get GoW2, I got it off eBay for $13. Multiplayer's still pretty busy. Banjo and Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts fell a little flat for me, despite the great premise. AC 2 should be cheap on eBay by now, and it's much better than the original. Prototype gets boring fast. Just scour eBay, I've gotten soooo many great deals on it.

18. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Castle Crashers is a side-scrolling beat-em-up with very light RPG elements. It's playable with up to 4 people on XBL, but the public games are a little pointless, as the majority of players have all their characters at the max level (and area also bawling into their microphones). I'd say unless you really like hack and slash style games, or have a bunch of friends to play it with, it's not worth it for the points it costs.

19. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    #79 Mondae, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
    I'm actually buying them whenever I see "buy 2, get 1 free" used game deals @ Gamestop.

What games can be played online with 2 players on 1 system & which have 4 player local vs.

20. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes it works, there is an iPad connected to my router now, and I guess it's been a bit rainy lately but nothing major ;)

I've been on the phone with customer support for a while now. Not so helpful :/