The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Weird, I can only assume it's a problem with the X-box, or a compatibility issue has somehow arisen between the console and the router.
    Yea customer support always sucks, best of luck to you. The only thing I can think of is borrowing a different router from a friend to confirm it's a problem with the x-box.

2. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well I just got off the phone. Apparently my router is incompatable with the Xbox 360. It's just slightly confusing because I never used to have any problems connecting.

*sigh*

I guess I need a new router :/

3. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Yea, seeing as it worked one day and not the next, the only other thing is if the firmware on the router has been updated, you'd have to check out how to rollback to the previous update to check if that would work.

But it'd probably be just as easy to sell the one you have on ebay and pick up another that's compatible.

4. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    True, true.

5. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    You can find COD: MW and W@W at gamestop used around $15-30, and both are great games, although I prefer W@W just for nazi zombies:D

6. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah, I bought WaW just for Nazi Zombies. It just so happened to have a campaign tacked on as well ;)

7. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

If you like RPGs then fallout 3 and oblivion are freaking awesome. They'll be really cheap aswell. Also the orange box is really cheap.

8. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Great suggestions. I was on the fence about the CODs, but I was going to borrow Fallout 3 & buy Oblivion because I loved Morrowind.

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    The Orange Box is the best deal gaming has ever seen. Seriously. Five games, and not just one or two good games and three filler games. Even if it were so, I'd get it solely for Portal and Half-life: Episode 2. This is a triumph.

10. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm making a note here: "Huge Success"

It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

11. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    I'll definately pick it up. On TF2, can you play with 4 players offline, or is it a strictly online game?

12. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    lol. You'll get it someday :p TF2's online only.

13. jacksoncombs

jacksoncombs Well-Known Member

i just bought worms 2 if anyone wants to play

14. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    My copy just arrived today, I'm pretty sure one of the quotes on the back of the box is "This is the best deal in gaming history" or something similar :p
    But yea, if you haven't played one or more of the games included, it's worth picking up. I got it mainly for TF2, but I'll play HL2 Ep2 and replay Portal at some point I'm sure.

Worms Armageddon 2? I'd be up for a game of that =D

15. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Even if you've only played one, it's a nice set-up. Playing through the Half-Life series right now. Not bad for an old PC game. And same here for Worms 2.

16. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    You can buy in the USA off Gamestop.com.

17. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Do any of you have one of those "48 hours xbox live trial codes" that I could get? I want to try the Red Dead Redemption co-op missions, but my gold account expired last Thursday and I don't see myself renewing until Halo Reach.

Send me a pm if you have one.

txh :D
    -------------------------------

Now on topic, Gamestop has Fable 2 used for 9 bucks for the guy who was asking for cheap games. Very good game, and most definitely worth the money.

18. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Can't you create a account for one month free? Like up to 3 a box.

19. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    The co-op missions blow, and I mean bad. First red flag is the fact that the download is only 11 mb. Then it's the fact that you can select an individual mission. Third is the fact that 20 minutes in, you have no idea exactly what co-op consists of. And when you find get your bearings, you realize it's just a more elaborate form of gang hideouts. Except here, you die almost instantly, and it's near impossible to figure out where the bandits are shooting from.

20. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    They are okay for being free. I played them at my neighbors house.