The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Not at all. Considering shutting up now I've proven what a moron you're making of yourself?

2. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    naw, it's just that you think your killing me mentally with your shitty insults but you aren't even doing a dent. Nor will you ever.

3. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I have Junior Year next year too dawg. Best part is my rediculous classes. I'll start with the most impressive to the least impresssive, yet impressive enough for me not to forget it.
    1. Calculus 3 (need to go to a college for that)
    2. Ap Chemistry
    3. Ap Lang

I mean I have the money for games now (due to my summer job), but now I don't have time.

4. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    I sense exagerration due to hatred of a game because it's popular.

5. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Halo 1 & 2 were really good, Halo 3 is a pile of Shit. They turned a good series into BS.

It should have ended with 2.

Just my 2¢.

6. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    It was supposed to end with two. But they ran out of time apparently.

But if one good thing came out of Halo3, it was Forge.

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Exaggeration of what? Saying it's full of Slapshots? There aren't many communities worse than Halo's.

Back on topic: has anything awesome hit XBLA since the likes of TrialsHD and Shadow Complex? I'm downloading the Limbo and EWJ trials... and Toy Soldiers seems kinda cute, that any good?

8. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    good, but steep learning curve

9. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    No I mean that they were average (or what ever you said). They actually were pretty damn good for thier time.

CastleCrashers! Toy soldiers is pretty good.

10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I suppose the first one was heralded as something of a breakthrough, since Xbox owners had practically nothing else to play at the time. I remember all the talk about it being the first decent FPS on a console... quite a while after I'd been happily playing Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Granted the control scheme was better (and graphics obviously), but first decent FPS? Not really.

11. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Are you kidding me? You set-up towers, you blow up soldiers. The only somewhat strategic part of it is deciding when to upgrade towers and make sure you have cash leftover to make repairs. It doesn't even get complex in multiplayer. Playing against someone else, it goes either two ways: one of you breaks the other's defense until there's no way he'll recover, or a stalemate where the only way to win is to manually drive tanks and airplanes into the toy box through blindspots. Hardly a steep learning curve.

12. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Doesn't really fit in this thread since they only develop for Sony (as of now) but here are my favorite developers (tied for first): Naughty Dog, Insomniac Games, Suckerpunch Studios, and Media Molecule. But luckily, Insomniac is making a new IP for PS3 and 360 :)

13. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    YES. Toy Soldiers is f*cking awesome. Especially with friends over splitscreen.

14. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Ow! I love that one.

15. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Worms 2 is where it's at. I am god with the homing missile. God, I tell you.

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I find it hard getting into Worms after spending so long with the W:A PC mods. When you've played Worms at 1680x1050 there's no looking back. I'm sure it's awesome though.

17. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    God I love worms. I'm using the cheese voice and hat.

18. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Yeah, mods would definitely spice up the game. It gets tiring after a while, but in moderation, it's fun. Freakin' engine needs to stop clumping my team together at the end of maps, though. I keep getting batted into the water.

19. ManofAegis

ManofAegis Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    California, USA
    #1039 ManofAegis, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
    Worms 2 on Xbox is great. The Battle Pack expansion is neat also.

Anyways, has anyone talked about Fable III yet? Like, what are some thoughts on the game? Peter Molyneux (the creator) says Fable III is supposed to redeem the series from Fable II's failure. Cause, everyone who knows about the Fable series, knows that Fable II was a dissapointment compared to Fable I.
    So yeah, I did my research on Fable III and it has a ton of new features that trunk Fable II's features. Some of which include:
    - The new "touch" feature - which includes more intimate interaction between NPC's and the hero. This will greatly improve the expressions and such.
    - Greater and improved Storyline - looks really interesting from the videos and such. Definitely better than Fable II.
    - The Sanctuary - which replaces the start button. You are immediately trasported to the sanctuary when pressing the start button. There you can see your wardrobes, armors, weapons, money, etc. and you can interact with your butler. The sanctuary is suppose to be the solution to the long lists of junk that flooded your inventory in Fable II.
    - Becoming King/Queen and rule - you can become the ruler of Albion and rule the people based on your choices of good or evil.
    - Better and stronger Co-op - Co-op now allows you to bring in your character exactly the way he/she is, with his/her look, equipment and so on. You could even interact with your buddy in very crazy ways too with the new touch feature. You even can marry them! Talk about freaky.
    - Campaigning - you try to get followers to join your revolution. These followers are supposed to replace the traditional XP from Fable I and II.
    - New leveling system - you use your guild seal to unlock new things at a place similar to the Sanctuary.
    - Weapon Forging - your weapons change based on your choices, like if you're evil, your weapon is evil-looking, and vice versa with good. The weapons also level with you. They get stronger, longer, cooler, and so on. the same goes for all the types of weapons; warhammers, battle axes, longswords, cleavers, maces, guns, bows, pistols, shotguns, etc.
    - The new continent Aurora - from what I've seen, it's like a desert wilderness which looks more fun to explore than Albion (IMO).
    - Removal of HP gauge - instead, you are damaged like in CoD. Red blood apears on the outline of the screen.
    - Gauntlets - the new weapon that allows magic combining and stuff.
    - There's plenty of other stuff, but nothing comes to mind atm.

So what are somes thoughts?

20. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I always didn't like halo because of the fans, and never enjoyed it so much when I played it at friends' houses. But ODST came with my new Xbox, so I thought 'why not?'

Sat down, played it for a while, and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Definitely not the best FPS ever, but I enjoyed it well enough.