The Year Walk Plot Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by GoatisGod, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

I think it's meant as said.

Daniel was a poor miller's apprentice living in a small cabin in the woods while she was a rich miller's daughter.
    Miller were wealthy people back then. Everyone needed their service.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

By "someone", she was referring to Lukas, a rich town guy and more appropriate for her.

3. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    You might be right..lol,I need a vacation from this kind of thinking for awhile as it might get out of hand...But still,how did theodor saw the death of stina??

Anyway got to have a break from this and might just lurk from the sidelines for awhile..

4. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Yeah I know, definitely took the plot at base level the first time around. Even the second time around. And I'm perfectly happy with that. I love the bitter ending.

But with all this speculation, I just wanted to throw that into the mix.

I too might step away from all this speculation coz all it seems to be doing is confusing everything.

5. Icaru5

Icaru5 New Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Website

Can someone post the URLs to all the connected websites for the game? And how did you find them? I'm convinced there's more to this game (almost an ARG element). There's just too much interesting story info.

6. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I noticed on the website http://vedtorp.se, it refers to the Nilsson-mill.. Martin Nilsson is the name of the mental patient mentioned in the companion app. I guess this confirms Stina's cousin who did the YearWalk is the mentioned mental patient?

7. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Wow you might have something there...here I thought it was the man mentioned from the date log October 10 which is Romedal..

8. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I can't think of any other clues this leads to, but still nice to see loose ends wrapped up.

One unrelated thing.. At the end of the teaser trailer (http://simogo.com/blog/2012/12/11/year-walk-seasons-greetings/), the years 1872 and 2004 flash by, before stopping on 2013.. Is there anything in the story that happened in those years? (Stina was born in 1877, so it's not that).

9. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=149327&page=4

The full list is:

1746,1872, 1885, 1889, 1922, 2004, 2013.

I tried all those dates in the Companion but they don't do anything. :/

10. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010

Thanks, I hadn't seen that. I can't remember any of those years being related to the story either (except 2013 of course :)

11. Good, so this means it's safe to go read the main thread now? Before it was just black bars everywhere, seemed like jail. Couldn't get a feel if it was worth buying or not.

12. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    This is plot speculation, not necessarily spoilers to the actual game. I would still tread carefully over there.

13. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Aw come on connector..I know you're dying to know what the year-walk experience will be like..TAKE the plunge and join the madness!!!

Which reminds me,when I do have a midlife crisis on the distant future..I may do a year walk in real life...Lol!!!

14. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    Just a few points I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere.

Anybody else catch that the code for the companion app is written right on the side of the box with the symbols? I wonder if this only appears after beating the game once to help players remember the number. It could have been there the whole time.

It sounds like there's nothing left to the companion app (that is, no content we haven't seen). I'm basing that on Simogo's "you've seen everything" comment as well as a forum user who went into the app's files.

If there is anything else though, I think it's important to note that the login allows up to nine characters. If there's another code, it may not be a date/year and it may not be four characters long. Having said that, I've tried many variations on the game's dates (particularly: YYYY, DDMM, MMDD, DDMMYY, DDMMYYYY, MMDDYY, MMDDYYYY).

I've really tried some crazy things. I tried using two fingers alternating to scroll all the way to blank white on all of the companion app's articles (like you have to do to collect one of the mylings in game). There was nothing there :)

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Simogo wouldn't be Simogo if there's no final "moral" conclusion.

16. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I was curious about this as well, anyone notice the code in their first play through?

17. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    It definitely wasn't there in the first play through. The two symbols were on the side of the box, but not the numbers.

18. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Probably in case it was forgotten/missed after the ending. But yeah, that's right. Only the symbols were there before.

19. Carados

Carados Member

Feb 23, 2013
    In the other thread, they mentioned some new symbols at the end of the letter to Daniel. I'm away from my iPad (shocking, I know), but was curious if someone could tell me if the symbols are runes or shapes?

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Shapes.