Things I hate about the Appstore.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by 5ku112, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Man, I hate that :mad:.

2. hex_me

hex_me Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Estimator
    Earth
    I Agree, there is just to much sh*t clogging up the App store, all those dialer apps really piss me off, you know the ones where there's a separate app for each persons name and they all cost $1.19 (AUD). Its just f*cking pointless and makes it more difficult to search through and be able to find something thats new or worth having (Mainly when browsing on the iPhone itself).

Also one improvement i'd like to see, is a favourites tab, where you could bookmark apps you're interested in getting, but not right away (maybe its too expensive, doesnt have all the features yr after yet etc.), which would also let you keep an eye on prices and updates etc. I know there's apps out there that probably do this exact thing, but its a basic function i think it should have.

3. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

I also hate when paid apps go to free (topple.) I don't have a problem with apps going on sale but if I have to give something while somebody else gives nothing for it just makes me mad. And it's even worse if they add ads

4. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

BLASPHEMY!!! The app store is awesome

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Aha, my reply to that is they need to always keep the legitimate and free versions separate. Take Cubes Free or Lock n' Roll as good examples of how to do the ad supported stuff. They kept the real versions and free (not lite, but fully functional versions of the full games supported by ads) versions of their apps separate so that anybody who did buy the regular full version will never get spammed.

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    [​IMG] ...?

7. songkranw

songkranw Well-Known Member

You know "Crappy RPG" if you know... you will hate it like me now

WHERE IS THE UPDATE YOU SAID!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

8. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    #28 CaseyLay, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
    I hate reviews. It's true that the reviewers never tell why they hate it. They just say the word "horrible" over and over again. They think that because something is not perfect, it's "horrible". I really hate that word now..

I also hate how people always complain SO MUCH about controls of every game, even when there is no trouble at all. They say "THE CONTROLS ARE HORRIBLE AND RUIN THE GAME! FIX THEM!" like they expect the dev of the game to respond to their dog-like whining, by randomly guessing what control scheme they think the complainer will like (since the complainer just snapped about it and didn't give a suggestion of what control scheme he wanted). I've seen people say the controls to Monkey Ball and Katamari are unresponsive! WTF?! Whenever I tilt the device on either of those games, the character moves. No problems, no nothing. The accelerometer is one of the most responsive mechanics I know of in gaming. It ALWAYS tilts when I tilt it. It has never not done that.

I hate how people say, "This game sucks because the XBox 360 is better!" Sure, I'll agree that the 360 rocks, but can we just rate the iPhone game for an iPhone game and not a 360 game?

I dislike that there are scammers out there, like NDMaple. Golly! Everything they posted on the appstore is something they didn't make.. The app "3D World" is just an indoor warehouse they took right out of a sample preset from the 3D studio program and engine, "Unity". They put it in the appstore, along with "3D Universe" (Probably another taken preset) for $.99. They have promised their purchasers for an update with an island for five months now. The island is actually a preset environment on "Unity" as well. I'm surprised it's taken them five months to just use something and not make it.

Also, there was this kid in the Rolando 2 reviews, saying that he was paid to say the "If you don't like Rolando 2, you don't like video games" quote on the game's description page, and that he actually doesn't like the game. Little did 'kfakfdasfkhjakfd' (or at least that's what his username was like) know that IGN said that, and it even mentions that they say it in the app's description.

Last but not least, I get mad seeing "Ripoff" in the app reviews. Like "Hero of Sparta is ripoff of God of War!". That's bull. Both games are based on myths that were created millennium before they were, and just contribute to a certain genre of game. One can't say that "Hero of Sparta is ripoff of God of War!", because God of War simply isn't the first hack and slash game ever created. I feel the same way when I see a new MMORPG called a "WoW ripoff", because I know that WoW is not the first ever MMORPG of it's kind. I've also seen Rolando being called a ripoff of Roco Loco. HOW?! Although they have similar plots, the gameplay is completely different. The only other thing that's similar is the rolling part.

9. 5ku112

5ku112 Active Member

Jul 13, 2009
    #29 5ku112, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
    :)Amen:)

But the market doesnt try to adapt in a repetitive way no? They should make an app that should combine all of their MMO (Which is an understatement as there is VERY limited P2P interactivity) apps and offer different styles within it. But as to your second statement I dont see Halo:On the Seas or Halo Kart or a Left 4 Dead platformer, although it would be nice to see FPS's or any other kind of game reach into a different genre like the way Halo Wars did as long as they dont just slap on a different theme to appeal graphics wise to gamers.

You have shown me the darkness. We really should kill the developer for all his garbage apps for 9 reasons:
    1.Filling the appstore with 94x12=1,128 apps that all have the same feature.
    2.his apps only come in 5 flavors;Soundboard,5 Pictures app,the updater app,joke app,and the very rare game app. Seriously no variety.
    3.The descriptions are stupid, they describe the app vaguely overstating its "high quality", "HD graphics" ,and "lifelikeness"
    4.99.9% of his apps are 5$USD no matter the use.
    5.He plagarized almost all of the sounds and pictures in the apps. He even steals app icons for his own!
    6.His stupid website reviews his OWN apps! perfectacumen.com <--It doesn't deserve to be linked!
    7.The stupid website is plagarized as well nothing on it has anything to do with the appstore!
    8.The stupid website has no working links.
    9.The stupid website is stupid!

Seriously we should go to every single app of his click the report problem button and paste my 10 rants and click send.

My face right now:[​IMG]

10. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    So sad but so true, every shooter tries to copy Halo or CoD nowadays, take Rainbow Six as a prime example of this and they have turned what once was a great tactical team shooter into Halo, with respawns, radar and regenerating health to appeal to the casual shooter fan.

All shooting games are so noob friendly now, the hardcore shooting days of games like Socom or CS or about over so sad, so true.

11. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Apple will not do anything about their review process; garbage apps will still roll in, because it is making Apple money. It is not of any concern of garbage apps fill up their store since there's no inventory limit or anything. If the garbage app can make them several hundred dollars, that's several hundred dollars more than nothing. There's no true value in iPhone app development in their perspective.