Thor: The Dark World (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheMerc, Jul 21, 2013.

1. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Sounds intriguing. Looking forward to that trailer.

By the way, I didn't mean that this would necessarily be an endless runner or a city builder with my first post. I was just listing random genres since some of Gameloft's recent adaptations follow those styles of gameplay.

2. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I wasn't expecting anything different.

3. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Gameloft...

No thanks

4. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    After seeing that trailer... my thoughts exactly. Granted, at least this one looks prettier. But from the trailer, it seems just as mindless.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Yeah, well... as long as Gameloft doesnt greed-up on this, this will be better. I mean it's gameloft. They do know how to make the gameplay good, but they can pin you down hard with IAP nowadays.

6. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Looks like Hero of Sparta! I hope the same team is doing it

7. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    So its a brawler!!Nice!!:D

8. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Looks like its F2P. I'll be getting it. Looks alright.
    Wish they could make an openish world of Avatar. How sweet would that be?

9. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    #31 TheMerc, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    Yep, PocketGamer confirms it's going to be F2P. I don't know what got into Gameloft to release what appears to be a solid, premium game for free, especially in a time when premium-priced games are proven to do well in the App Store (even if you don't want to take into account ports like XCOM and KOTOR - as you could argue they'd do well due to them being well-known and well-liked games - the adaptations of TASM and TDKR did very well for Gameloft). I only hope this decision won't interfere with gameplay (currency designed exclusively for upgrades and the like).

The trailer looked great! It's still too early to draw any elaborate conclusions, but, like Brrobotix said, it apparently plays very much like the first Thor game, with some obvious augmentations: the back-up characters (likely a hint at how Multiplayer might work. I wonder if other characters will be playable, since Fandral of the Warriors Three is in that last screenshot Sanuku posted), the air combos and increased graphics. I'm optimistic it will turn out to be a good game.

10. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    #32 Nobunaga, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    Play DH4.
    I imagine this will, in essence, be a Thor themed reskin. Minus loot and RPG elements maybe.
    If you liked one, you'll like the other. Alternatively, dislike one... You know.
    I'd rather that than it being like the last Thor game. Gameloft and F2P. I'll probably just pass anyway.

11. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Yep pretty much. I'm a Thor fan so I'll give it a whirl.Sadly if its the bulky IAP fest that I expect it to be, it won't be lasting long on my device

12. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Ugh it's just making me sick seeing such cool trailers and great little games like this from GL and their iap factory. Imagine them making a game as great as spiderman again, it's just not gonna happen. If they churned out titles like this with $5 price tags and minimal iap, the ios gaming landscape would be much better. DH4 is a normal potion system away from being playable.

13. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Aw man,they pulled off another DH4.....Might give this a try since I'm a Thor fan but I think I know what will happen to this app,eventually..;)

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I like how one genius put it in the comments section for TA's announcement of this: "they pulled another Dollar Hunter on us".

Regardless of whether you agree with the sentiment, that's pretty frickin' hilarious.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ahahaha... I lol'd too. :D

16. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
  17. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    The screenshots are wonderful. Will you post the gameplay of this game?

18. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Any news for this awesome one?