Universal Ticket to Earth (by Robot Circus Pty Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 15, 2017.

1. DDanito

DDanito Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Please tell me it's possible to get talent points you missed later on. If not I might as well restart the game or just quit altogether. Just why? And they don't even tell you about the bonus objectives before..

Why put in missables in a game, where it's so easily avoidable? Sorry, but this really bothers me and just takes away the from from an otherwise almost perfect game.

edit: Also, is there respeccing later on?

2. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    #142 Tulki, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Yes you can get them again. A few missions into the game you get access to a talent tree and simulator. You can use the simulator to backtrack and complete side objectives you missed, and also complete any side missions you missed (some of them disappear after awhile, but you can get the reward anyway from the simulator).

I don't know if you can respec talents, but you also kind of don't need to. For the two characters in the game right now, halfway down their trees is a choke point so I'm pretty sure you'll need to get almost everything in the first half of the tree to even access the second half.

3. DDanito

DDanito Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Thank you very much! That's what I wanted to hear ##

4. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    Wow what a game! Can't wait for the next part. Great story, great characters. If anyone is on the fence and you like strategy/RPGs and match 3's get it now.

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow... a strategic sci fi match 3 in the vein of Dungeon Raid? I still can't comprehend that is real, nevertheless, this good!

6. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Thank you. Good information.

7. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Lol, duuuuude, doHn worry....beeee Ahppy...you later can repeat those stages to your hearts content till you complete all the objectives.

8. ttcool

ttcool Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Yea, one can go back to any missed mission.

As for the talent dev, didn't do too much before finished the game. It only took about 5-6 hours to finish this game. The game play is awesome but way too short and only bought 1 weapon for each character. Can't wait till next chapter! When is it coming out next?

9. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I have to admit that I'm struggling a bit with the kill 8 and some side missions. I guess I haven't reached the ability to go back to repeat missions yet... I did open something that allows me to spend my coins on upgrades. But the most I have is a main mission and side mission! Still loving the game but so far trying to figure out what to do to beat these two missions.

When exactly do you open the simulator allowing me to repeat missions?

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I think you're not too far off. Just keep going. Its better to do the repeat missions later because some requirements are really hard and you'll only get stronger as you progress through the game. No need to rush those.

11. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Right. I think it was only one or two missions after that. I used justice to get past one set of 4, mainly because it was one of the challenges but it obviously helped.

12. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks! I'm loving the strategy aspect. At first it seems straight forward... but when you keep playing you see different techniques and strategies to use. Reminds me a bit like Kingdom New Lands that once you take a step back and think about what you want to do a whole host of strategies come up to try!

13. Paradroid90

Paradroid90 Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Here is a tip I learned the hard way: whenever you are going to buy a Power for credits, make a save to iCloud immediately before. Then try out your new Power against the kind of opposition you are hoping it will be good against. That way you can revert if the new Power turns out to be a disappointment.

I do this now, but I am still short of the credits I paid for the Flash-bang Grenade. Useless thing.

14. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #154 Gambler, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Ok, just through with Episode 1. Hope there will be a second - great game - but judging from production value and reception I'd wager that the story will continue.

I hit a rather annoying bug though. Every time I fired the game up again, some of the earned tokens (from the optional mission objectives) - were lost. Always the same 7 or 8 I missed when doing the mission for the first time. No matter how far I came, how often I made a CloudSave and loaded it later, the tokens and the upgrades I bought with them were missing time and time again and I had to replay those missions every time I wanted those tokens back. Luckily they weren't too many but still annoying, especially for a completionist (when I like a title at least) like me.

Anyway, I can't quite understand some people saying that the game would be too hard. I found it rather too easy in some aspects: I just
    saved for the best weapons and invested tokens only into the paths which would lead to high Agility (for Wolf) and Strength (for Rose) so the characters could equip those weapons. I only bought the 2nd tier weapons and 2 or 3 Justice Powers in the beginning but could have done without the powers. Only exception was Ricochet for Wolf (shoot two enemies at once) which helped me with quite a few "kill three x in a single round" optional objectives). Other than that, the starting powers are quite sufficient for most fights. A good weapon
    is much more important. With both characters equipped with them, the last bossfight was a cakewalk.

Despite the bug, the experience has been a blast. Looking forward to episode 2.

15. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    This is the most polished and high quality experience I have ever had on my iPad. The devs knocked it out of the park with this one. I usually HATE replaying levels to finish secondary objectives. With this game it is a pleasure to do so. I have put many, many hours into this over the weekend.

The art style ROCKS! The character design is superb. The strategy is nuanced, with multiple approaches to beating the levels. It's challenging, yet not too hard. It's not too easy either.

This game is perfect. Even if episode 2 never comes out, this was worth the price. Even if episode 2 costs money, this was worth it.

16. cevinius

cevinius Active Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Hi Gambler, I'm one of the devs from Robot Circus. Could you e-mail us ([email protected]) screenshots of the replay screen showing the problematic missions? We've been trying to reproduce this issue, but haven't had any luck. We're keen to address it if we can!

For everyone else, there will be an update in the next day or so with:
    - A fix for the Lock-Screen Crash
    - A new option in the Pause Menu to switch off the Camera Zoom (for those that have requested it here!)

We've noted down some other features from this thread as well, and will try to include them in future updates.

Thanks,
    Kevin

17. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014

I also have this issue... but it's not quite as described.

I think it may be an iCloud problem. When I restore from iCloud it says "Unable to restore data from Cloud Save.". After this, all of my talent tokens and learned talents from the save I uploaded are restored, but campaign progress is reset to a couple uploads ago. This means I can re-earn tokens from objectives and get an infinite number of talent points, which seems like it's unintended. It seems like somehow my iCloud is restoring or backing up only character data now, but not completed objectives.

As a result of redoing some missions, I have more talent points than I'm supposed to be able to have at this point. I'm hoping you guys can come up with a fix. Maybe even a retroactive one, seeing as talent points could be recalculated?

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Perfect update! I'm really looking forward to it.

19. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Does anyone know the eta on future episodes?

Can't wait :)

20. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Awesome! Goals to hear we will have an option for the zoom. It is a bit distracting! Congrats with the game. Love it.