iPhone Ticket to Ride - (by the devs of 'Small World for iPad')

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 17, 2011.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, iPad version has online, but it is not async...

My point is: both iPhone and iPad get an update recently, iPhone gets async but no additional maps, iPad does not get async...

2. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Well I don't have an iPad, I came here to see if I could play it online with the iPod version with my sister who has the iPad version. Guess that answers my question.

Also I'd be happy to pay for new maps in the iPod version considering we got online for free. I only paid $0.99 for the game, awesome deal.

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Is it true that GC asynch can't work across versions (separate iPhone and iPad versions)? If so, that's a bummer and I'm not sure how they'd fix it. They could make this version universal and then add asynch to it, but that wouldn't allow for asynch play with people who just have the pocket version. Kind of a weird situation. I think probably that's their only option, though. Either that or switch from GC asynch to their own home grown asynch.

Mind you, I think this game is *much* better played live. Taking turns where your turn is often to just take cards isn't exactly going to be a barn burner of asynch excitement. Still, sometimes asynch is the only option so it would be good for it to be there.

4. MCollier

MCollier Member

Apr 28, 2009
    #264 MCollier, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
    Almost all my games of TTR are played live or with AI so personally I'd love to see the additions of "Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries", "Ticket to Ride: Mystery Train Expansion", "Ticket to Ride: Europa 1912 Expansion", "Ticket to Ride: Alvin & Dexter Expansion", "Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 1 - Team Asia & Legendary Asia" and "Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 2 - India" added to our IAP options as I'd love to buy more and more Ticket to Ride content for the IPad as I've played the others incessantly since purchase. Days of Wonder I have money waiting for you, feel free to claim it by releasing the rest of the Ticket to Ride/Small World Expansions and a complete Memoir 44 set :-D There's a good chance I'd day 1 buy releases of Shadows Over Camelot and Mystery Express if your feeling ambitious.

5. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    +1! :)

6. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Hahaha. I am right there with you all! A co-worker and I are ready to buy new maps when they are available. This is one of our favorite iPad games.

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm playing Ticket to Ride Pocket on my iPad because asynch is proving to be a good option for me. I really hope the reason the iPad version hasn't gotten asynch is because they are working on making it universal and with asynch. I didn't originally think I wanted asynch, but yes now I do. I think they could make this universal and avoid complaints from Pocket buyers by making the universal version free for a few days. They'll still make money on sales of the DLC, and get around the problem of GC asynch not being able to cross separate versions.

8. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    I hope so too, but this developer has been very near-sighted. They may not be able to get themselves out of this one...

9. gennataos

gennataos Active Member

Apr 22, 2009
    What, exactly, are they supposed to get themselves out of?

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    He means the issue of Game Center asynch not crossing separate versions, and these are separate versions, so it's impossible for the asynch to work between iPad and Pocket editions. So they need to get rid of the Pocket version altogether, and make the iPad version universal, but then you have to worry about people who bought the Pocket Edition for their iPhones being annoyed. I think that's what he's referring to anyway. I think they can avoid that by notifying pocket users that the Universal version will be free for a few days so they can switch without cost. That's what I think they should do, anyway. They still make money from IAP of the other versions of the game.

11. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    I recently discovered this game and love it!

Is there any word on asynchronous gameplay being added to the iPad version?
    Or even FULL retina support?

12. Gabriel.Voyager

Gabriel.Voyager Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Turin - Italy
    Ticket to Ride for iPad have a FULL retina support :)

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I really wish they'd add asynch support. As it stands I'm mostly playing the iPhone version at 2x, and then limited to TTR and the 1910 expansion. I'd really like to be able to play the other versions of the game and not at 2x scaling. Mind you, ideally the game is played live, but for play with friends often times asynch is the only practical option for me. But they're going to have the problem of not being able to play with people playing the iPhone version, so I think they need to make this version universal and get rid of the iPhone version. Maybe put the universal version on sale for free, as well as the 1910 expansion. They'd still make money from the converts when they buy the other variants.

14. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Ticket to ride has never been on sale and the devs stated before that they weren't interested in sales because it devalues the brand.

That being said I'd love it if Ticket to ride went universal and dropped to 4.99 or so for a day. The pocket version is only a dollar so it would essentially be like the money they already paid is being discounted from the full price.

15. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    I've seen people mention the pocket edition is limited... In what way is it limited?

16. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

TtR Pocket has only one set of expansion maps, the US maps (1910 Classic, 1910 Mega, and Big Cities), so no European maps. And, the Pocket edition is not compatible with TtR for iPad.

17. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    It's kind of compatible. You can play local (bluetooth/wifi) games using an iPhone (with pocket edition) and iPad (with the iPad version). You're limited to US+1910 though obviously. You can't play online through GC or DoW with the iPhone though.

18. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    WOW!

v1.4

• NEW Legendary Asia Map offered as an In-App Purchase ($1.99).
    • New AI Opponents specifically designed for the maps of Europe, Switzerland and Asia.

• New Achievements:
    ◇ 45 exciting achievements, including All-new Map-specific ones for Europe, Switzerland and Asia
    ◇ Game Center support
    ◇ DoW Online support lets you back your achievements up on Days of Wonder Servers and share them with our newly-released Ticket to Ride Europe Pocket
    ◇ Once unlocked, publish your achievements on Twitter to taunt or impress your friends

• Retina Display on the New iPad now fully supported across all of the game’s UI, not just in-game Maps.

*** BUG FIXES AND OTHER IMPROVEMENTS ***

• Various fixes.

19. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    This is a great update, but where is async multiplayer?

20. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I'll dive in as soon as they give us async.