iPhone Tilt To Live HD - by One Man Left

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 6, 2010.

1. chrisf82

chrisf82 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    4th year med student
    Tulsa
    Wallpaper

Also, I think I asked them once in an email for this, but maybe if we gather enough support on here we can make it happen.

Wouldn't the background for classic mode make an awesome wallpaper for your iPad. Take off all the menus and such and just the bare bones background I mean. Shoot, so would all the other game modes too.

I think making them all available for download at 1024x1024 with a OneManLeft logo in the corner would be a great way to help promote the game/devs. Anyone else agree?

2. Failboat103

Failboat103 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Sorry, too occupied to answer this question.
    On the island of oog
    So I heard u like wallpapers that have been released but u don't know about?

http://www.onemanleft.com/2010/03/18/tilt-to-live-is-in-fashion/

3. chrisf82

chrisf82 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    4th year med student
    Tulsa
    Ha, nice one. I did see those ;)

I do like them, but I'm talking about a stripped-down, green/blue/red/orange background only wallpaper. No dots, no arrows, no weapons, no nothing apart from the background.

4. Cynicalone

Cynicalone Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    In Tilt To Live 2 it would be nice to have stat tracking.

Games Played
    Minutes/hours Played
    Dot's killed
    Pixels Traveled
    Power Ups Used

Just to name a few. :D

This game is so good, iPhone and iPad are both the very best of the app store.

5. Failboat103

Failboat103 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Sorry, too occupied to answer this question.
    On the island of oog
    #1 there's no 2

#2 why not add that as an update to the current one -.- lol

6. Cynicalone

Dec 18, 2009
    I don't think it could be added into the game as an update. Unless of course it has already been tracking that info.

And the TTL 2 reference was/is a forward looking thought. Some people take things to literally. :rolleyes:

7. iTouch.lover22

iTouch.lover22 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    +1 to this, I wouldn't mind having the green background as my screensaver on my iPad :p Also, I agree with the stats idea too, I'd love to count my overall number of dots killed :D

8. OneManLeft

OneManLeft Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea actually. I'll see what I can do.

Stats would be nice, but as mentioned before we aren't tracking them so implementing them now is a bit...odd. We'll definitely keep this in mind for future games though.

And as for the horrible rating pop-up, we've submitted the fix early last week but it appears the review process is a bit slow as of late. Hopefully it'll be out sooner rather than later. And again, we apologize for the huge screw up there as it wasn't our intention to annoy our players. We simply wanted to show a friendly reminder.

9. Cynicalone

Dec 18, 2009
    The 1.2 update is out.

10. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I have dropped you an email. I had to remove this app and others and I am installing it back. When I try to restore the application .... it hangs forever. I guess I have hit another bug!
    Damn!

11. BroonBottle

BroonBottle Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    The update seems to work fine for me. It was a much needed fix; now I can get back to playing one of my all-time favourite iOS games :)

12. OneManLeft

OneManLeft Well-Known Member

Restore it as in from the 'options' menu or downloading it from the app store originally? If you're restoring the full version purchase from within the app, be sure to be using the same iTunes account you used to purchase the app.

13. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Done. See my email. Problem solved in any case.
    Thanks. And update was really welcome!!

14. iTouch.lover22

iTouch.lover22 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Good to see this fix :) The pop up didn't really bother me, but when my friends and I got together for a Tilt to Live rampage, they kept wondering why it wouldn't go away :p

15. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Since first or second update I have seen a very nasty spawn, a spawn on whole screen, sort of crossboard with a red dot at each intersection.

This spawn is starting get on my nerves because I can't predict when it will spawn and it lets few maneuvering if you don't have the right weapon not too far. So it stops me play the game when it happens. Once I go further but never again.

Before that update I have made a high score 4.7M and one or two time I go very close plus few time I reach 3M. Now since there's this spawn I'm stuck in score and plays.

Hate this but any advices? Or to dev can't this crap spawn be reserved to Code Red?

16. Cynicalone

Dec 18, 2009
    You can survive that, you just need to work your way out to the side of the screen.

Sometimes it will spawn like that 2 or 3 times in a row. It's great for combos.

It has been doing that all along, it just doesn't occur until you are a few minutes into the game. There is also the spawn that looks like a maze that you will need to work your way to the edge of the screen to survive.

17. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    #137 Qordobo, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
    Mmm I'm sure I tried reach the border but it wasn't enough if I had no weapon close because they follow and next pawn comes from border.

So it's pure luck I didn't get it before the 1st update? Well.

EDIT: Yes got it again at 2mn plus few seconds like always, never reach 3mn. That seems an impossible task for me. Ha well I feel it like a game for the elite gamers I'm not. I'll have stagnate to 2mn games or give up.

18. Cynicalone

Dec 18, 2009
    As your score climbs you will get more and more difficult patterns. Here is a screen shot of a game I just finished. You need these patterns to really build up the combo multiplier, and get a high score.

Attached Files:

19. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Yeah yeah there's a logic that the difficulty rise. I haven't look your snapshot but remind your nick name was among top 2/3 and top 1 in some mode. I also remember last time I check that top 1 in classic had a score close to 130M.

Good for you and those who master the game. For weaker or looser :D like me this adds nothing I honestly don't care you made a very high score or can survive 1 hour.

The point is that I'm bind to see only a small portion of the game. Well I feel stolen or like if the game have been made for someone else but not for me. Ok I don't regret my purchase it's just that now it let an unpleasant taste in the mouth. :)

20. BroonBottle

BroonBottle Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I curse this one when it comes along too, but at the same time I want a game that lasts a few minutes at most so there needs to be some tricky bits. There's also a sense of achievement when you do beat it. I'd say you need to work at making your combos last longer if you're sticking at 2 or 3 million. I've got a few scores between 10 and 18 million and they're all based on one really long combo (1000x or more) rather than surviving 10 minutes or anything crazy like that.