Time of Heroes - 3D Fantasy-Tactic by smuttlewerk interactive

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by smuttlegiaco, Jun 10, 2011.

1. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    The turtle with half a tree on top of it reminded me of a Chaos Rings boss :D

2. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    sweet lookin game.

3. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    glad you like it. next week should see some more pics and/or vids. :)

4. Jackyhk

Jackyhk Active Member

Apr 28, 2011
    I crapped my pants when I read Langrisser, because that was exactly what I saw in the screenshots, a beefed-up, 3-D, Westernized Langrisser. lol

Me like.

5. williamsyee

williamsyee Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SQA
    Looking forward for more pic and vid! :)

6. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    Ok friends,

we are currently working on some more models. the elven archeress you see below is ready as far as modeling and animation goes. The texture quality will be vastly improved at a later stage.

Here now the question: which picture do you like better? Pic one or two? I'm sure you'll note a difference after looking at the pics for a while. :D

Share your thoughts with us!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It's good to see a developer focusing so carefully on attention to detail.

This difference is so subtle it might not be a noticable change in game either way (especially in with other distractions on a battlefield) but I prefer the smaller bosom first picture because it looks more elfish and realistic. On the second one the cleavage looks too high up and seems un-natural on the scrawny frame but otherwise the second image meshes better with the garter and implied sexuality. If the second image could be altered some it might be better with what seems to be the sensual design of the character.

8. ressique

ressique Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    Picture one is more realistic for an archer ;)

9. Ssylex

Ssylex Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Maybe it's just the angle, but it looks like picture 1 has a more pointy chin than picture 2... i prefer the look of the face in picture 2 for that reason. Otherwise, I think I have to lean towards the look of the ... torso... in picture 1.

It does seem a bit more realistic for an archer. I've always thought of elves as slender and not so bosomy. ;)

10. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    yah, it's a perspective thing (+ the picture was taken out of an animated sequence). I'll post some more varaitions of the lady on monday, so you get a better view from different angles. I must say I find it quite interesting that all of you point out the realism as a criterion for choosing picture 1. I would have thought most people are more into "the more bosom the better". :D

the dragonling our artist Nikolai works on should be almost ready by monday, too. I can't wait to show you the the whole thing animated...it really looks awesome!

11. Peekachu99

Peekachu99 Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Add randomized maps,

And the ability to play the evil faction and you've got one of the best apps on the store! :)

12. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Yup, pic 1 is better.
    How bout adding some tattoos (don't over do it though) on the skin? This elf lady looks 'too generic' to me... Wouldn't hurt to add some extra details right?

13. Ssylex

Ssylex Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Software Engineer
    #33 Ssylex, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
    I like this idea... maybe have several different types of tattoo for the head/arms/torso and randomize them for each character to add a bit of variety within units of the same type? :D

14. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    tatoos? why not?! :) as I said earlier, the textures are still in prototype stage. we focus on the models and animations first. the finalized models will look MUCH better!

@Peekachu99: there will be a multiplayer mode (dunno if we are able to implement it on release, but we try our best) where players can either choose to play dwarves, elves, humans or the "hordes of nether" ;) and a bonus campaign with the evil guys could be really cool...well, we see what else will happen with this game :D

as for random maps: very unlikely, but who knows...

15. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
  16. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    The scale and underbelly pattern seems too generic to me... functional, though generic.

17. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    This game promises to be fantastic and form the team of companion! My recent love affair for games!!

Now I tend to agree the dragon is not so exciting. The scales looks rather flat and and the dragon like a baby dragon. Maybe some spikes in the wings and a more aggressive face or a scar in the belly,. something to break the simplicity of the pattern.

18. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    thx for the feedback.

this dragonling will become a unit, not a hero, so there will be 10 of them on the screen at once in a battle (if your unit has full life). And then imagine them on a small screen: you wouldn't see a scar or something like this anyways.

the textures are still rough. as I mentioned earlier we will improve them at a later stage. the pics and vids are more like an early "appetizer" for all you guys and gals out there :)

I have to do a beast guide for the world of "Altland". please keep in mind: this is not middle earth or krynn or some such place. in "Altland" some things are quite different than in other fantasy realms. the dragonlings, for example, are indeed some sort of "baby" dragon. they're not supposed to be huge!

19. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    This looks really fun! I definitely wanna see how this looks closer to release.

20. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    How's progress on Time of Heroes? This is my most anticipated release currently.