Universal Time of Heroes - (by smuttlewerk) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 18, 2012.

1. TaiyrTress

TaiyrTress Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Gaming? Or something cool. :)
    Unicorn fun park.
    Ash 2, mage gauntlet? Everyone loves them.. All of IAP. This game is perfect.

2. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Much thanks for the response. It is just this is the first time I am really trying TBS games since I never got into them. For people like me I need someone to hold my hands throughout. I really want to get into the game, especially since my ipad2 is now my only gaming device. To hell with pc and consoles (until gw2 comes out).

3. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Hi, stupid question: Is there any difference between this version in the ipad forum vs the version in the iphone forum? I see both are universal so yea, must be a silly question. :p

4. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    #64 smuttlegiaco, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
    :) you answered the question yourself. no, there isn't. I wrote a few tips to play in the other thread. check them out!

edit: the two threads have been merged! thank you NewEnglandGamer!

5. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Question: If I buy all the IAP can I use all of them or is it where I can only use one or some of them at a time. For instance can I only equip the set of the commander but not that set and the wanderer set at the same time. I am asking because one I want to support this dev and two because I suck at these games and need all the IAP help I can get.

6. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    @the9quad: each hero can only equip one item at a time. the maximum amount of heroes you have on one map is 5. but remember: you find items once you proceed, they're just less powerful!

I appreciate your willingness to support us, but don't overdo it! :)

also to all of you: I just read a new review on the app store quoting it'll take so long to move the troops etc. go to the options menu: there is a variety of, well, options, like quick combat/turn battles off/quick move etc.

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

Doh I need to go do a positive review on the app store also, I forgot! I played over lunch and was excited to beat the first map after dying a few times LOL challenging is a good thing though!

8. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    what difficulty settings were you playing on?

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Any randomization in missions or are they all fairly scripted?

10. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    #70 smuttlegiaco, Jan 19, 2012
    scripted.

the difficulty setting makes the difference here. if you play, let's say on "hordes" you'll have three enemy heroes on map 1 instead of 2 which makes a huge difference on how the map is played.

start a game on easy/pack and one on hard/hordes (or even on easy/hordes) and you see what I mean.

with the next update and GC achievments coming, it'll make more sense to play through the game a few times.

on a side note: most of the item drops have a 50/50 chance of dropping one out of two items.

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011

I definately didnt pick the hardest setting or anything, I believe there was 2 bosses on map 1. I learned my lesson with how hard companions was! :D

12. the9quad

Apr 27, 2011
    Sounds good picked up 3 of the IAP then. One last question are we going to be able to enable antialiasing on the 4 S? Right now it won't let me. Will try out he option on my ipad2 this weekend when I get home.

13. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    #73 smuttlegiaco, Jan 19, 2012
    AA is enabled on the iPad 2 and works. we have no 4S to test (damn, next thing we need). please tell me wether it works or not.

yeah we learned some things, too. like: always offer the lowest difficulty setting to newcomers. not all people are die-hard strategy gamers since 23 years. :D

ToH is much more accessible than Companions. the fact that it's turn-based instead of real time, makes it much easier to learn IMO.

14. Icurafu

Icurafu Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Rage of Mages 3?

15. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    You are exactly right, it's much easier for me being turn based! I am enjoying it alot actually, I hope you get alot of purchases! BTW make Companions single player as a dungeon masher and no stop time button! That would rock!

16. the9quad

Apr 27, 2011
    AA doesnt work on the 4S, but to be honest, the screen is so small it looks good without it. It's just one of those options you see and go, "hey it has an AA option let me try it", and then it isn't enabled, so your like, "bummer". Not a big deal at all in my book.

17. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    well, it should work. I added it to our "to be done" list.

I guess I'm one of the few iPhone developers who still has no smartphone...that will have to change I guess :rolleyes:

18. Dienekes

Dienekes Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Played some more today and I love this game. I see really big things on the horizon for this developer. Still can't believe this is only a buck.

Oh, and as far as IAP goes it is totally not necessary. There is no grinding. You will want to replay levels to better your score anyway most likely. One thing I would suggest in line with this is a scoreboard that shows high scores and stars gained. Also a mission select would be great, maybe incorporated into th beautiful map.

19. the9quad

Apr 27, 2011
    #79 the9quad, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    Just wanted to say holy crap I love this, I am playing on the easiest settings and I purchased 4 of the IAP because I am that tactically incompetent. Actually they are totally not necessary but this is easily my favorite dev, so I'm picking up the rest of the IAP tomorrow as a thank you. Seriously guys how many devs handle IAP as awesome as these guys, make awesome games, have graphics options and to top it all off post here frequently? I'll answer that for you very few and these dudes nail it all.

Thanks for the awesome tbs and for tuning it for all skill levels.

One last thing playing on 4s atm, and it looks and plays nice but when I get home this weekend I am kicking my daughter off my ipad2 to rock this in all it's glory

20. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I completely agree with you, i just got to I believe map 3 where we are surrounded. It looks like its going to be a tough fight, i got a few basic weapon drops already to! The mage skill tree is awesome to you can branch down to healing, vortex, more powerful fire spell and alot of others!