Universal Time of Heroes - (by smuttlewerk) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 18, 2012.

1. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I don't know if this question is already answered but how we equip the iap items?

2. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    @Amenbrother: i meant the fact that you have to shake the device and stuff, never mind :) I liked this little extra when we integrated it very much, so I had to ask ,stupid me :)

yeah! finally a hordes player like me! :D

are you on iOS4? strangely enough, this only happen when played on iOS4 as far as we know. we'll investigate!

wow, Big Albie! that's what I call a review. thank you for taking your time to write this. we'll look at the UI and see what can be improved. we are already planning on adding an interactive tutorial. we also added a next/previous unit button and other stuff will surely come, too.

just one thing: you surely meant TBS instead of RTS? :)

hey ironsam! before a battle, tap two times on a hero portrait. in the lower left corner you see an item slot. tap on it to open the item list. each hero may equip one certain item for battle. hope that helps. if you've got other question, please ask away!

3. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Thnx for the answer!

4. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I haven't played much do to the sheer amount of releases, plus I'm waiting for GC before I really get into it.

I don't think anything is really wrong with the implementation, but an interactive tutorial would help out a lot of people, so it nice to see you working on one. I don't really expect TBSs to play the same, and I actually like he differences I find in them. Just some insight would be nice, but going through and figuring things out is alwsys part of the fun IMO.

I'm not really going to rate anything since I haven't progressed too far into the game, but I like what I've played so far!

I am having to re-wire my brain to play this though. I've gotten used to non-storybook/board game strategy games having ranged attacker not have to be next to the enemy. Literally my brain snaps into keep my axethrowers 2-3 spaces away from the enemy.

Good game so far! Love the fact that the units say something when you select them. Overall, everything meshes together awesomely!

5. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Oops, just fixed it. I was playing this for hours last night so I probably should've gotten some winks before I wrote the review ;)

6. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Well really enjoying the game. I do not like the dice shake thing tho, cause on the ipad it is hard to shake.

7. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    glad you like the game. totally understandable. the approach taken here (like in the Warsong/Langrisser games of old, which heavily inspired us) is somewhat more "boardgame" like.

:) yeah, sleeping a bit helps sometimes. again, great review! it makes us proud seeing people thus engaged with our games. how long you've been playing thus far?

too bad you don't like the shaking. I'm getting sort of pleasure shaking my iPad like a madmen, hehe.

BTW, please rate our game in iTunes if you like it! thanks!

8. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    For what it's worth, I *really* don't like shaking either, this is a significant deterrent for me to getting the game.

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

The shaking is nothing lol you just do it once you level up and it takes 1 second. Doesnt have much to do with thegame really! Its a good game trust me.

10. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    Haha, I think the shaking is funny, really. Playing normal on hordes mode. Digging it!

11. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    well, well, I see: shaking is not for everybody.:) but like Amenbrother said, you only need to tilt the device gently and the dice rolls.

@Joshnsuch: great! :)

12. davegobe

davegobe Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Chemist
    Cleveland, OH
    I'm a big fan of TBS games and I'm really enjoying the game so far. Couple of questions and comments...

1. Keep your units next to your their Hero for healing bonuses at the end of a turn. Definitely has helped me with surviving boards.

2. Do you have to move each unit individually? That's five units per hero, and it can get cumbersome with more heroes on a board.

3. Can you replay a board once you complete it for more XP? Or, is only way to get more XP to kill more enemy units before killing the enemy heroes?

Thanks!

13. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    hey davegobe! thx for your feedback.

heroes have a special button with a computer on it. tap on it. you see four different AI choices (crossed out - no AI (standard); shield - units will try to stay as close to the hero as possible and will attack only in very few cases;sword - units will attack when enemies are in range;shoe - units will stay with your hero and attack only when they have an advantage)

The only way to get more XP is to kill the enemy units before killing their hero. Note: higher difficultyil (pack/throng/hordes) sees more enemy units in general -> more XP (if you manage to kill them all).

14. yussicam

yussicam Member

Nov 14, 2011
    seems impressive. especially it's title; very much striking :)

15. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+2]TIME OF HEROES[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    18/01/2012
    [/size]

Do you like this 3D turn based strategy in the fantastic world of Altland?

[size=+3][thread=120072]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​

16. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    @yussicam: give it a shot! I'm just now working on the next 7-8 maps :)

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    ?

Smut I have 2 questions for you :)

1: Say you buy a weapon IAP does it change the appearance of whatever the weapon the hero is holding that you give it to?

2: Any plans on adding a fast forward button for the enemies turn or a skip button of some sort?

18. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    1. No, it doesn't change how the hero looks.

2. No plans yet. We will talk about it, promised!

19. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011

Dang that would of been sweet to see them holding the different weapons and such.

20. TheOctagonTheory

TheOctagonTheory Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    semi-retired
    Tokyo, Japan
    I tried selecting a hero and the tapped the computer icon, then tapped the move with hero icon, then I tapped the move icon, moved my hero, but his troops didn't move with him.