Universal Time of Heroes - (by smuttlewerk) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 18, 2012.

1. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    hey RazvanGNR! sry for the late answer!

nope, it doesn't contain any story elements. just items your heroes may use! :)

2. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    I couldn't get into this game

3. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    too bad, peewhy. give the game some time and you'll see its beauty. :)

4. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    #164 RazvanGNR, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
    Hi! i want to start by saying that this game is very fun and engaging! I like the battle scenes and the rpg elements very much (i also like the option to turn on quick movement and battle parts in a long battle :p)! I`m only at the 4th battle now, but i want to ask a few things:
    1.Is there a way to see the world map, besides the interlude with story at the bottom and the loading screen?
    2.And is there a way to see my progress? Sort of i`m on mission 4 out of X, and if i want to see the stars i earned in each one, or the name of the maps (besides the game center achievements) or if i just simply want to replay some missions!
    3.Also, one final question and this one depends on question 2! If i can replay the missions, if i start a new game (i noticed it requires a new profile? i`m not sure, i was afraid it will delete my previous progress) will it delete the main progress/saves?

I would like to end by saying congratulations on a great game and i eagerly expect the second campaign, since i will surely finish the first part `till it comes out :D!

PS:i don`t have time to read the whole thread now, but do you plan on adding a skirmish mode? :p that would be badass

5. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    hi RazvanGNR! glad you like the game!

no, I'm sorry.

again no. we put it on our ToDo list.

you can start a new profile and start from scratch. your old profile will still be there of course. another thing you can do: save each battle at least once. you can later load this save game and restart the whole level. so you won't need a new profile each time you want to play an old map.

6. JJR2004

JJR2004 New Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Does ToH support anti-aliasing & high texture quality on an iPad 3?

Both of these options seem to be disabled on mine? :(

7. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    comes with the new version. somehow the code interprets the new iPad as the old iPad, were these options were disabled.

it's already fixed and the patch has been uploaded last week! sry for the inconvinience.

8. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    I wish the new iPad had been out a year ago. we had so much problems with the iPad 1 (memory and fillrate, arrgghh) and now...the game looks and plays like a charm on the new device (on the iPad 2 also).

9. JJR2004

JJR2004 New Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Which 'patch' / version is this fix in? And where do you get it?

The version I'm using is 1.2..... Which is the latest version provided at the App Store...?

10. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    1.2 is the one actually in the app store.

the fix is in 1.3. the version status is "Waiting for Review".

we hope it'll be ready within the next few days! :)

11. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    #171 smuttlegiaco, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

1.3 is now live! The main game will be available for two days for 0.99$.

• 7 new maps!
    • 2 new heroes!
    • 3 new units!

Available as IAP for 2.99$!

Chapter two concludes the story of the arrival of the northern people in Altland. The smuttlewerkers hope you like the game as much as we liked making it!

For all those unsure whether they want to pay for the game or not. A "Time of Heroes - Zero Edition" is on its way (currently waiting for review). The first two maps will be available for 0$, the rest available through IAP.

ENJOY!

12. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Did anybody else notice that the text for the new IAP campaign in the Shop appears to be in German? I wonder if that's intentional?

13. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    hi czar! I just checked in iTunes Connect and it all seems ok. do you have a german iTunes account?

14. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

#174 CzarCastic, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
    No, my only account is a US account. I don't speak any other languages, so my iPad has always had the language set to English. Here's a screenshot of the shop showing the German text for the campaign title and description. It's obvious that it costs $2.99, but it doesn't seem like the rest of the text should be in German.

http://db.tt/RkL84HLV

15. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    thanks!

well, after checking the languages again, I now enabled "English", too. before that we had two languages enabled, German and UK English (I thought that would also enable english for US Englsih).

its now "waiting for review", so I can't tell whether it'll work, but I guess it will.

16. TouchNoodle

TouchNoodle Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Same for me. I went to buy it... all in German... figured oh, maybe English isn't ready yet.

I'm not going to buy my 8 dollar lunch... would rather throw 3 of it your way :).

17. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    the game itself is in english, no worries! :) and thx TouchNoodle, very much appreciated!

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Is anyone playing this on a 3GS? I know the description says it will "not play very well" on it and crashes will occur "after some time".

Just wondering if it's still worthy of downloading. Or if it's really bad.

19. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now FREE for the first time and for a limited time.

20. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    hey awp69,

sry for the late reply.

Some maps might crash sometimes on the 3GS (number of units and battlefield size are the key factors here). It surely helps if you close all other apps and reboot before playing.

If you can live with some crashes, get the game. If not, stay away. And make sure to save before the enemy round. Nothing's more frustrating than a crash during the computer turn.

Hope that helps! :)