Universal Time Surfer (by Kumobius)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jan 9, 2013.

1. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    If in response to me, sorry for being so long-winded. I've only recently discovered how active game devs are here, & the newness and accessibility hasn't worn off yet.

2. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    ^ You see we're wanna be philosophers that only think deconstruction is the game.....:)
    On a happy note its great to hear the Devs join in and they are worthy of support and encouragement. Plus they sound very nice!
    I've held off long enough and I'm buying their game right now and I'm going to enjoy it and not check back on this thread for fear of ...well you know.....but like a magnet I probably will:)

3. laszlo_kovacs

Sep 26, 2012
    Yes, I will say my time spent being critical is not in proportion to how much I do enjoy the game. Sorry again.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Sorry laszlo, not really in response to you - the developers did say that they wanted to hear sugestions

Just in general... I guess.

You guys haven't even spent a full day with the game yet (most of you anyway) - and are already criticizing the game calling it unfair or too hard before you've really mastered the time rewind feature. It's there to help you WHEN YOU SCREW UP. So if you're going to enter a spot where you have trouble, try and make sure that you've got your speed up, missed that speed power up? REWIND AND GET IT. Jump off of the rocks and enemies for that boost, hit all of those fast tracks, go back and get that huge line of gems or powerup that fills up your gem bar, rewind and grind that planet's ring... REWIND IS THERE TO HELP YOU - and gems are EVERYWHERE so use it whenever you can.

I will admit that I had a little bit of trouble with the areas that don't have as much land when I first started - but now those areas aren't really a problem for me - now it's those damn spikes and jumping off dips only to smash right into a rock and get caught by the end of the universe...

Sorry... just... give a game a little more time before saying it's unbalanced or too hard or unfair and ripping apart months of work with one sentence.

5. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    See I'm back but just to say I've been playing for the last little while and I love this game!
    No complaints here and one of the best games I've played period. Music and gameplay meshed so right together. Glad I got it:)
    These Devs deserve a standing ovation considering the antics that go on at times in this industry!

6. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    I'm a huge fan of Tiny Wings and this game takes all that I love about it, ramps it up with some retro love then add all the powerups, custumes, pets, obstacles, rewind feature to make this game truely awesome. Great way to start off 2013 :)

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ha...

I do have one little issue...

Whenever I check the scores after a run, GameCenter does give you the 'Done' button - so in order to exit the GC boards, you need to exit the app and clear it from your multitasking bar. I dunno if that's something you guys can fix on your end, or if it's inside GC, but I've never had this problem with another app... =o/

8. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Picked this up earlier, really digging it. The B&W section is no joke. Apparently if you cant master something in under 20 minutes then it is time to quit the game. Put in the work, master the skills provided. If you can do that, then it will be much more rewarding when you do get it. It is quite refreshing to play something that on some levels requires a deal of luck to progress at certain points. Not everything is a carefully laid out path for the player to walk.

Great game guys, 5/5 until proven otherwise.

9. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Tap the top right corner of the GC screen. The exit button is there, just not displaying.

10. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ah, thanks.

11. studepaber007

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Any suggestions on how to do the 300 meters without touching the ground mission? I don't think I've come close to getting it in 20+ tries :confused: Had to unlock the unicorn custume well just because...:) BTW Hell Zone is nuts, made it to almost 800 meters lol

12. laszlo_kovacs

Sep 26, 2012
    Grab boost > hit perfect curve > grind planet (let off before the edge & you'll propel upwards) > hit 2nd planet

13. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Add in 'bounce off any random aliens/asteroids' to that.

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Also, if there's not a 2nd planet in reach, you can always hit enemies and rocks (bounce on top of them and you'll fly forward) - it also helps to get a speed booster power-up before hand.

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Bwaha - beat me to it. =oP

16. studepaber007

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Thanks for the recommendations, got the 300 pretty easily from bouncing on top of things and getting a speed boost :)

17. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I know my post was too harsh but I was frustrated because I died like 20 times at about 3.000m at the same gap xD I will not stop playing it because it's a great game. And I've finally reached 4.000m :)

18. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I don't usually buy endless games with virtual currency anymore, but I'm making an exception for Kumobius. I'm hoping this game does great and that the devs go on making other great games.

19. Mr Kumobius

Mr Kumobius Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Nah it's normal to vent dude. The Black and White zone is tough. It's meant to be a zone that really pushes the player to learn to avoid the pits and use the rewind for perfect accuracy with the curves that are available (of which of course, there are very few in this zone)

Maybe it's too harsh at the moment, we'll keep listening to feedback and learn :)

And thanks for the kind words everybody! We just discovered we have Editor's Choice in quite a few places! USA, Australia, Mexico, Canada, Spain and more!!! Whoa! Thank you so much and we hope you are enjoying the game!

I think you guys will be keen to see this comic we prepared for the game too:

Direct Link: http://www.timesurfergame.com/comic.html

[​IMG]

20. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Thanks so much for sharing that comic!

But does this mean that Time Surfer is not endless? Is there an actual END of the game, where you'll meet with the other time surfers?